Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Proud new max owner (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/40777-proud-new-max-owner.html)

jargoone 07-22-2001 07:46 AM

Posted here a little while ago asking for advice on what year 4G Max to buy. Got some good responses. But I wound up finding a cherry and all advice went out the window.

Just picked up my Super Black 97 SE 5 speed with every available option. I could do without the leather, climate control and Bose, but what the hell. Had a boring freeway drive home and am looking forward to more fun soon.

Not going to mod too much, but FSTB and RSB are a must from what I've heard. Then again, once I get started, who knows...

Sonic 07-22-2001 08:01 AM

Congrats, good purchase. The FSTB and RSB are excellent starting mods, but you'll soon find out that not modding is really hard to do.

enticiveblkmax 07-22-2001 08:02 AM

coool. if you dont mind me aking, how much did they ask for it? what the mileage? i just found mine recently too.
the first mod i would get would be the short shifter.

Vyrus 07-22-2001 08:10 AM

RE: New Car...

Contragulations...you know own the finest Japanese sport sedan available in this country :). Oh yeah, except for the GS430...

teejnut 07-22-2001 09:30 AM

congrats on the maxima! and have fun modding!

Mishmosh 07-22-2001 10:29 AM

Originally posted by jargoone
Then again, once I get started, who knows...
Yeah, once you start, it is hard to stop... especially if you continue to follow this site.

Congrats!

maximaR 07-22-2001 11:13 AM

nice buy

sounds sweet . congrats . im warning you about the strut bars , mods are like pringles ... once you pop , you just cant stop. get an air intake , and i think youll have the mod bug in your blood...

Alex97se 07-22-2001 11:34 AM

congrats man, you know its funny, i just bought a 97 superblack se 5 speed last week! i love it. my mods so far have been xenon headlights, xenon clearance lights, clear blinkers from custommaxima.com, xenon fog lights, and i took of the front license plate and the plastic holder thingy and it looks really aggressive. good luck with your max.

SB97MAX 07-22-2001 01:28 PM

congrats, sounds like a really nice car. When I first bought my car I told myself I wasnt going to mod it at all. Well needless to say I have gone against my own word. Once I put my intake on, I then had to get my y-pipe and custom catback exhaust, and just recently ZEX Nitrous. Im upgrading my FP soon as well. Congrats and Take Care

jargoone 07-22-2001 06:55 PM

Originally posted by enticiveblkmax
coool. if you dont mind me aking, how much did they ask for it? what the mileage? i just found mine recently too.
the first mod i would get would be the short shifter.

It has 67,000 miles. The asking price was $13,500. I got it for $13,000. For some reason, blue book retail, which is usually sky high from what I've experienced, seems very low on this car (~$13,500). But similarly-equipped ones would go for $15,000+ at dealerships around here (central Ohio).

Maybe I paid too much, I don't know. In any case, it was one of only half a dozen or so 5 speeds I could find in the whole state. I was so happy to find one in decent shape with low-ish miles that I wasn't going to let it go.

RedMax95 07-22-2001 07:57 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX
congrats, sounds like a really nice car. When I first bought my car I told myself I wasnt going to mod it at all. Well needless to say I have gone against my own word.
boy does that sound familiar, i decided well its a car and i think ill keep it stock so i can buy something i want n college, well two days later i typed in maxima on ebay, and lets say i never thought that first thought again

1/3There2/3ToGo 07-22-2001 10:49 PM

I had my max for 1 week stock. Then I found this site. It is now 3 weeks later and just look at my sig. This is so much fun, and so expensive. Its worth it though, I love the way my max is now, unique and all mine!:hat:

K