Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   p0600 97 Maxima (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/552598-p0600-97-maxima.html)

hiren_patel_83 02-02-2008 07:54 PM

p0600 97 Maxima

Does anyone know what this code means? Thanks.

Fadrvr 02-02-2008 08:32 PM

p0600=0504
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0504 points to a problem with the Automatic Transmission Communications line. Pulse signals are exchanged between the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module to assure smooth shifting during hard acceleration or deceleration.

This malfunction is detected when the ECM continuously receives an incorrect voltage from the TCM. Possible causes include...
- Harness or connectors (The communications line circuit between the ECM and the TCM is open or shorted.)
- TCM
- Discharged or faulty battery

search function is useful, friend.

shortyblu95 02-02-2008 10:12 PM

and you dont have the drop resistor mod done correct?

hiren_patel_83 02-04-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by shortyblu95 (Post 6226017)
and you dont have the drop resistor mod done correct?

nope, it's a stock maxima, just exterior mods that it. it first started with the 02 sensor and the knock sensor and that code came.

LeVeL 02-05-2008 05:56 AM

stickies ftw!

aslan 07-20-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fadrvr (Post 6225905)
p0600=0504
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0504 points to a problem with the Automatic Transmission Communications line. Pulse signals are exchanged between the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module to assure smooth shifting during hard acceleration or deceleration.

This malfunction is detected when the ECM continuously receives an incorrect voltage from the TCM. Possible causes include...
- Harness or connectors (The communications line circuit between the ECM and the TCM is open or shorted.)
- TCM
- Discharged or faulty battery

search function is useful, friend.

Newbie here so plz forgive my lack of car smarts. i need to get this fix for court so this is important. any chances of getting more details how to test the ecm or tcm? besides getting a new battery is there any other way of testing to see if the battery is causing the p0600 code? already purchases and installed both speed sensor and knock sensor and still getting this p0600 code.
thankz for the help anyone...

viperay 07-21-2008 08:20 AM

i have same code with my 97 maxima. i have already changed the knock sensor and the speed sensor. My mechanic said that either ECM or TCM may be bad and they need to be replaced. He said it is gonna cost me about 700 dollars. My car is also has vibrations when idle and below 2000rmp it shake sometime while driving. mechanic said it is happening because ecm and tcm cannot communicate. i am gonna check junkyards to find new ecm and tcm.

kc10fish 07-21-2008 11:19 AM

dont do that yet..... i had the same problems and it ended up being the speedo.... ck your connectons there and then at your speed sensor. when i changed the speedo and cluster it quit.

viperay 07-21-2008 12:15 PM

By the way, speed odometer sometimes works sometimes it just shows 0 while i am driving 60 and when i just hit the screen several times it starts working. The other thing is, did your car have the vibration? For example when it is idle and the transmission is on the Park, it is like, the engine tries to shut down and comes back, meanwhile it generates a vibration. it is kinda like a misfire but there is no code related to misfire.

B_Eaze 07-21-2008 12:35 PM

Its probably a bad harness or loose connection. check those first. check your haynes manual (you should get one if you don't have one) or download FSM here:
http://www.phatg20.net/component/opt...,select/id,28/

Do a search (above the thread title) for gauge cluster, speed sensor, and transmission speed sensor connections to find out where they are and check them all. Check your fuses too

aslan 07-21-2008 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by B_Eaze (Post 6529173)
Its probably a bad harness or loose connection. check those first. check your haynes manual (you should get one if you don't have one) or download FSM here:
http://www.phatg20.net/component/opt...,select/id,28/

Do a search (above the thread title) for gauge cluster, speed sensor, and transmission speed sensor connections to find out where they are and check them all. Check your fuses too

Thanks everyone for some feedback. I thought I was the only one with issues..lol. My car runs fanastic!! 220k on it and it humms. I am going loose my car because state inspection machine says its not running correctly because of this sensor?? What a scam!!!

viperay 07-21-2008 03:01 PM

my car is 97 and it had 124K on it but it is just annoying you know. i spend 300 dollars to get rid of that vibration. mechanic said it is the speed sensor and i had it changed. now the speed sensor code is back too. now he says tcm or ecm is bad. I mean i will get tcm replaced then something is gonna be broken. It just never ends. It just doesnt make any sense to spend more than 500 dollar on a car which is worth of 4000. i already spend around 400. i am just gonna drive it like that until november. i am thinking to get a new altima 2.5S coupe.

LiGhtSoUt 03-16-2009 09:29 AM

yeah i know its an old thread but ive searched and didnt want to make a new thread my lights in my gauge cluster stoped working and i just checked my codes and i got P0500 AND P0600 does anyone know there is a fuse for the gauge cluster and if there is where is it

pmohr 03-16-2009 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by LiGhtSoUt (Post 6931134)
yeah i know its an old thread but ive searched and didnt want to make a new thread my lights in my gauge cluster stoped working and i just checked my codes and i got P0500 AND P0600 does anyone know there is a fuse for the gauge cluster and if there is where is it

Have you not looked in the fuse box yet? Fuse number 13, labeled 'METER' powers the gauge cluster among other things.

If it's just the backlighting, it won't be the fuse, as that powers everything on the cluster. However, check it anyway.

Have you checked the dimmer switch? Do all of the other lights work normally?

pmohr 03-17-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by mariusfeneru (Post 6932730)
no man i dont....sopryy...

That's a helpful response. If you're going to spam those links in your post, why not just put them in your sig?