4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

about those tires

Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 PM

about those tires

hi orgers,sorry if isn't the correct forum
I came across those tires for my max 97
Definity 215 55 16

I want to know your opinion about those tires in road nose,tread life,grip in rain and snow and all ......

thanks in advace
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
The Golden One

Are you kidding?

This is the worst thread of the year.

You don't even provide the brand/model of the tire. lol.

WTF? Seriously?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 PM

wont fit stock 97 rims, those are for 2000-2001
Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by BronxSleeperMax187
Yes they will lol.

215/55/16 is the size for the 16" alloys.

The 15" rims run 205/55/15.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:13 AM

llyak ,

u mean 205/65/15. Sigh, I got hucaps lol
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by IlyaK
Are you kidding?

This is the worst thread of the year.
I think your response is the worst in the year

You don't even provide the brand/model of the tire. lol.
Do you know how to read ?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by BronxSleeperMax187
Are you familiar with the Maxima 4th gen 5-spoke wheels ?

and for the OP,I don't know about that rubber,maybe some one knowledgeable will chime in
Old 02-11-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mahanddeem

and for the OP,I don't know about that rubber,maybe some one knowledgeable will chime in
Who's also a mind reader too...

(Might be the worst thread of 2010)

Wrong forum, incomplete description, and poor grammmarrrrrr

Anywho, to the OP (Original Post(er)) tires come in various sizes, this system goes like so... Width / Height / Rim Size, off the top of my head I can't tell you how to convert to inches or so, but that doesn't matter, what you should know is that the wider the better, but the stock rims can only go so wide... For the height, the more height you have the more comfortable the ride is (absorbs more bumps, etc). Rim size? That should be obvious. You will need to tell us the brand, cause each tire manufacturer has a different way of putting rubber to the road. Since you mentioned grip in the rain or snow, you're looking for an all-season tire (since you only have 2-3 months of winter left). So on these tires, write down any words you see on it... Like "Ventus" or "Potenza" or anything... Then goto google.com type it in and read away... If you're lucky, the tires you have are on tirerack.com and they have a nice rating/review system.

Last edited by aackshun; 02-11-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 AM

What are you talking about? OP mentioned a tire SIZE and BRAND, not anything else about it.

How can we comment about "road nose,tread life,grip in rain and snow and all" when we don't know the model and whether they're summer, winter, all-season, etc?

Last edited by balkan; 02-11-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by cashoit
llyak ,

u mean 205/65/15. Sigh, I got hucaps lol
Typo... *hides* lol. I haven't had hubcaps or the honeycombs in a good 4 years. I'm allowed to be off by 10 on the height hah.

Please re-read his post again.

He found tires that are 'definitely' 215/55/16. Okay? And? We don't know the brand, model, season, price, condition, etc.

Worst thread of the year. My response was right on point. I've been here a while, it's not rocket science when it comes to how to use a forum. Would you go into a store and ask that question? Doubt it. Don't ask it here (in that manner). English isn't THAT hard of a language to master. I'm a f'in immigrant and I post more coherently than half of the Americans in this damn country.

Originally Posted by aackshun
Who's also a mind reader too...

(Might be the worst thread of 2010)

Wrong forum, incomplete description, and poor grammmarrrrrr

Anywho, to the OP (Original Post(er)) tires come in various sizes, this system goes like so... Width / Height / Rim Size, off the top of my head I can't tell you how to convert to inches or so, but that doesn't matter, what you should know is that the wider the better, but the stock rims can only go so wide... For the height, the more height you have the more comfortable the ride is (absorbs more bumps, etc). Rim size? That should be obvious. You will need to tell us the brand, cause each tire manufacturer has a different way of putting rubber to the road. Since you mentioned grip in the rain or snow, you're looking for an all-season tire (since you only have 2-3 months of winter left). So on these tires, write down any words you see on it... Like "Ventus" or "Potenza" or anything... Then goto google.com type it in and read away... If you're lucky, the tires you have are on tirerack.com and they have a nice rating/review system.
Originally Posted by balkan
What are you talking about? OP mentioned a tire SIZE and BRAND, not anything else about it.

How can we comment about "road nose,tread life,grip in rain and snow and all" when we don't know the model and whether they're summer, winter, all-season, etc?
+1. Well said.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by maxcima
Definity 215 55 16

I want to know your opinion about those tires in road nose,tread life,grip in rain and snow and all ......

thanks in advace
Not the best tires IMO try michelin for best ride noise and etc.

Sorry Ilyak, Pep boys brand IIRC.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Typo... *hides* lol. I haven't had hubcaps or the honeycombs in a good 4 years. I'm allowed to be off by 10 on the height hah.

Please re-read his post again.

He found tires that are 'definitely' 215/55/16. Okay? And? We don't know the brand, model, season, price, condition, etc.

Worst thread of the year. My response was right on point. I've been here a while, it's not rocket science when it comes to how to use a forum. Would you go into a store and ask that question? Doubt it. Don't ask it here (in that manner). English isn't THAT hard of a language to master. I'm a f'in immigrant and I post more coherently than half of the Americans in this damn country.

+1. Well said.
you're looking for disputes ,theories and " ..it"....he asked a very simple question,maybe he doesn't know much about tires....Definity is one of Pep boys brands,if you don't know an answer for his question,don't initiate fights around......
this thread is turned into a real headache
Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
The Golden One

That doesn't change the point that we're trying to get across.

I thought he was trying to spell 'definitely' lol. Okay, so I admit I didn't know of that brand. But that is irrelevant since no one can help him until he provides us with specific information.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by maxcima
Definity 215 55 16

thanks in advace
since they are a pep boys brand of tire, i'd go there and ask them about road noise and grip in rain and snow. tread wear in a nutshell is: the higher the number, the harder the tire, and the lower the number, the softer, or stickier tire. i.e. treadwear 200 (which is stamped on the sidewall of the tire) = a soft, sticky tire, but be careful, these wear down a lot faster than a tire with a treadwear rating of 300.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Traction grades represent the tire's ability to stop on wet pavement as measured under controlled conditions on asphalt and concrete test surfaces. As of 1997, the traction grades from highest to lowest are "AA","A","B" and "C". A tire graded "AA" may have relatively better traction performance than a tire graded lower, based on straight-ahead braking tests. The grades do not take into consideration the cornering or turning performance of a tire.

Temperature grades represent a tire's resistance to heat and its ability to dissipate heat when tested under controlled laboratory test conditions. The grades from highest to lowest are "A","B" and "C". The grade "C" corresponds to the minimum performance required by federal safety standard. Therefore, the "A" tire is the coolest running, and even though the "C" tire runs hotter it does not mean it is unsafe. The temperature grade is established for a tire that is properly inflated and not overloaded.

Last edited by Goomz; 02-11-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Luckily, nobody cares what you think.

Thanks for your meaningful contribution.

215/55R16 is the right size for SE 16s, but you're not going to get an accurate description of a pep boy's tire (or most likely any tire) from a pep boy's tire salesman. Really, I thought that would be pretty obvious. I'd stay away from pep boys tires in general, get something decent. Tires are important, don't ride on crap.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM

in essence, it would be your most productive bet to buy a tire with a treadwear rating of 300, temp rating a and traction a.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by goomzthegeneral
in essence, it would be your most productive bet to buy a tire with a treadwear rating of 300, temp rating a and traction a.
I think you are a bit too vested in tire manufacturer's ratings/claims. Treadwear is really the only thing that's meaningful, any tire worth a damn is going to have A/AA traction rating but that really doesn't tell you crap about how the tire handles. Treadwear isn't even technically comparable between manufacturers, it's really only good to give you a ballpark idea of how long the tire should last.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM

im only providing some facts on tires lol
Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM
The Golden One

My suggestion is read reviews on Tirerack.com. I wouldn't buy a no-name/store brand tire. But that's just me. Those brands are usually like what? $80 a tire? They are that cheap for a reason.

I only trust Bridgestone, Dunlop, Kumho, Toyo, and Michelin. But that's just me, personally speaking.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Luckily, nobody cares what you think.
you should live in the desert alone (and consider leaving this forum) if you don't think sharing thoughts is useful....
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 PM

you should live in the desert alone (and consider leaving this forum) if you don't think sharing thoughts is useful....
See previous response.