4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

anyone need/want an exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ragnor
I am also interested in a Y-pipe.
Welcome to the forum. There are definatly alot of Newbies interested in this thread...its good to see a renewed interest in our cars.

Originally Posted by Reece616
I'd be interested in the b-pipe if it's resonated. I'm sure they would be able to do that very easily (and the price would be a little higher.) But if not resonated I wouldn't really be interested.
Thanks.
yup...this is a given (at least for me). B -pipes got to have the resignater. Who on here would NOT want theirs resonated?

(please edit your original post so that its easier for me to search through and update the list)

Originally Posted by mista0406
in for the y and the muffler
If your going to do both the Y-pipe and the muffler you might want to think about replacing the b-pipe while your at it. Its bound to fail at somepoint and budgets is not that expensive. (this is the problem im having now....i should have gotten it when I had the chance and i was cheap...so now Im hoping that they put this Group deal together for us.

Last edited by sergofast; 05-06-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Okay...add a muffler for me (I already said yes for the y-pipe)..the b-pipe is a maybe..if I still have cash left over..Thanks for doing this!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by sergofast
If your going to do both the Y-pipe and the muffler you might want to think about replacing the b-pipe while your at it. Its bound to fail at somepoint and budgets is not that expensive. (this is the problem im having now....i should have gotten it when I had the chance and i was cheap...so now Im hoping that they put this Group deal together for us.
i was thinking about that... might as well so put me down for rear/b/y
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 PM

any update on what price would be?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hornepirate
any update on what price would be?
I didnt get in touch with them before they closed today. I will be sure and touch base with Jodi tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM

I'd be in for both rear pieces (catback) on '00 Fed spec, sorry know this is 4th gen, anyone know if a 5th gen run is possible?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:22 AM

sergofast;7540382]Was wondering if there was enough interest to put together a GB for Budget Exhaust (LLS). They used to make a real quality y-pipe and exhaust for us but stoped production due to the decline in demand.

I spoke to them the other day and if we were able to get enough people together that needed exhaust (b-pipe, and or rear section). It sounded like the would be willing to help us out. But he doesnt want to do a run of 25 exhaust and sit on it for two years.

Lets make this easier on us. Add your name and what product you need so that we have a better idea on numbers to give them. I know we dont have prices nailed down, but remember that Budget was one of the best priced makers of exhaust for the 4th gen so it should be resonable. Go ahead and just put down what you want and we will worry about the prices once we find out if this is even going to happen yet (in other words...if Lyle is going to even do it). obviously all of this depends on cost:

Quailty? meh. There okay, If you like paper bags sounds wrapped at the end of the pipe and medicore welding. I'm pretty glad they stop making them in a way. I mean I am glad it is lasting it just sounds like crap. Past 2 years and a few mufflers, setups and I still get that underbody windtunnel sound. Called them up in the past and they blammed it on the Install and or possible new Flex they put on it and didn't do anything about it. So I can't so I am too pumped at the "quailty" I am also upset with the customer service not doing anything. Sure they were nice and seemed like they tried to help, but niceness doesn't make my pipe sound better.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by KT3MaxSE
I'd be in for both rear pieces (catback) on '00 Fed spec, sorry know this is 4th gen, anyone know if a 5th gen run is possible?
From the sound of things, only if there is enough serious interest for them to make a run of exhaust. I have not posted at all in the 5th gen forum....Let me find out for sure if they can even do it and if so I will ask in the 5th gen forum.

Update:

Spoke to Jodi, and Lyle is out of town until Monday. I will be checking back with them then.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM

keep us updated
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 PM

How does pacesetter or megan racing exhaust systems compare to the Budget system?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 AM

I may be interested in a Resy SS b pipe BTW.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT3MaxSE

From the sound of things, only if there is enough serious interest for them to make a run of exhaust. I have not posted at all in the 5th gen forum....Let me find out for sure if they can even do it and if so I will ask in the 5th gen forum.

Update:

Spoke to Jodi, and Lyle is out of town until Monday. I will be checking back with them then.

Ok sounds good, appreciate it.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM

okay, my y-pipe is making a LOUD noise...is there any chance of speeding this up? I don't think I can wait another week, but if this is a GO, I'll take the bus if I have to...

Thanks..and sorry for the rush request...
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM

I am interested in a y pipe. Could someone pm me on the details? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM

im up for a b pipe... i need to get my exhaust right and this would help as long as the price is right....
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Any updates, my trigger finger is getting an itch.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 PM

yes, updates? I may be in for 2
Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 AM

Hi,

First off, I want to apologize to sergofast. I had to call up budget because I can no longer wait and wanted to see if this would at all be possible. I can't wait because my y-pipe needs to be replaced and the connectors are rusted and making loud noises..so sorry if I went a step ahead...but they are expecting your call on Monday.

I spoke to Jodie and she confirmed that she spoke to a Robin Gess and they will be producing the StainlessSteal (304) Y-pipe and the B-pipe (resonated). The muffler is not yet certain and she will confirm next week, or when sergofast calls them.
Jodie tells me that they will be starting up the process (gathering the pieces, employees) and schedule a run for the exhausts.

The price will be around:
Y-Pipe: $245 (US)
B-Pipe: $260 (US)
I asked her if this includes shipping and she told me that she needs to "calculate" of few things and would give an answer next week.

By Monday she will have more details when we call.

Sergofast, again, sorry I jumped in and hope I didn't steal your thunder, but she is expecting your call on Monday.

Their toll-free number is 1-800-256-4482
Local number is: 905-681-4579
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM

I am interested in one! If they can design and make an affordable equal length y-pipe, I will be VERY interested. If they were able to pull that off I feel like they would get a HUGE number of orders. Not having an equal length y-pipe is one of the main reasons VQ30's sound like **** compared to the VQ35's.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Justaguy
Hi,

First off, I want to apologize to sergofast. I had to call up budget because I can no longer wait and wanted to see if this would at all be possible. I can't wait because my y-pipe needs to be replaced and the connectors are rusted and making loud noises..so sorry if I went a step ahead...but they are expecting your call on Monday.

I spoke to Jodie and she confirmed that she spoke to a Robin Gess and they will be producing the StainlessSteal (304) Y-pipe and the B-pipe (resonated). The muffler is not yet certain and she will confirm next week, or when sergofast calls them.
Jodie tells me that they will be starting up the process (gathering the pieces, employees) and schedule a run for the exhausts.

I asked her if this includes shipping and she told me that she needs to "calculate" of few things and would give an answer next week.

Sergofast, again, sorry I jumped in and hope I didn't steal your thunder, but she is expecting your call on Monday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WARPS...item45f1fe1a49

What about that y pipe? Is there a difference in quality?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

y-pipe
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by bkortee
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WARPS...item45f1fe1a49

What about that y pipe? Is there a difference in quality?
I can't speak for warpspeed...but if you do a search on this forum you should be able to gather more info.

I do know that StainlessSteal type 304 is probably the best you can buy, but then again, it depends on where you live...google is your friend
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM

Hi,

Hey now worries! This is what I wanted and we obviously showed them that it was worth their time and effort to pull stuff together. i was planning on calling them tomorrow anyway.

I will updated the first page to compile who wants what for an easier to read list. Ill put the prices there too.

Paul
Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM

I can't speak for warpspeed...but if you do a search on this forum you should be able to gather more info.

I do know that StainlessSteal type 304 is probably the best you can buy, but then again, it depends on where you live...google is your friend

I have had my budget y pipe for 3 years now and not a single problem.

Paul
Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by NISSANMAXIMA91
yes, updates? I may be in for 2
2 of what? y, b, or muffler?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:58 PM

I'm down for a y-pipe if that price includes shipping
Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM

2 of what? y, b, or muffler?
Y
Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 PM

245 for a regular Y-pipe? Sheesh thats expensive! I got a SS Warpspeed one for 236, shipped. The quality is really good too, the only gripe I had was that they were back ordered so it took about a month to get here.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by MoMurderah
245 for a regular Y-pipe? Sheesh thats expensive! I got a SS Warpspeed one for 236, shipped. The quality is really good too, the only gripe I had was that they were back ordered so it took about a month to get here.
I was gonna say the same... I've been meaning to order a warpspeed and figured this would be a better deal as I am on a "BUDGET" but seems more expensive than the warspeed. Not sure this is gonna be beneficial towards my pocket
Old 05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ineed exhaust parts from budget

I need complete exhaust.
Y pipe-stainless steel
B pipe-stainless steel
catalytic converter stainless
mandrel bend stainless steel pipes
resonator -stainless steel

Last edited by dadiblu; 05-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM

I just checked warpspeed's website and a Y-pipe (304) is selling for $250 with shipping included. Let's see if Budget will include shipping..
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 AM

$245? damn I bought mine for $220 priority shipped like 3 years ago. lol
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by S1cTech
Quailty? meh. There okay, If you like paper bags sounds wrapped at the end of the pipe and medicore welding. I'm pretty glad they stop making them in a way. I mean I am glad it is lasting it just sounds like crap. Past 2 years and a few mufflers, setups and I still get that underbody windtunnel sound. Called them up in the past and they blammed it on the Install and or possible new Flex they put on it and didn't do anything about it. So I can't so I am too pumped at the "quailty" I am also upset with the customer service not doing anything. Sure they were nice and seemed like they tried to help, but niceness doesn't make my pipe sound better.
Ive seen you post up before about you hating the Budget Y pipe, Ive also seen you post that you werent using a resonator but this is th first time Ive seen you mention you tried different mufflers. What mufflers did you try and have you gotten a resonator?
Also, where is this sound clip? Im now curious to hear it

I have had my budget y pipe for 3 years now and not a single problem.

Paul

I had a Budget Y pipe for years as well, never had any issues and it sounded just fine. I sold it to another member and he too seemed to be quite happy with it.
Ive seen more people complain about the warp speed Y pipe then i have about the Budget. Most people seem quite pleased with the Budget Y pipe, as was I.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Kevlo for President

Tell them to make an Equal Length ypipe and I am in (I already have an original Budget ypipe) .
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM

Alright here is the deal:

The prices are as posted earlier and will now be in the first post. Jodi at budget is going to make this easy for us...we dont have to do a complicated group buy....we just have to call her directly and let her know what we want so please do that asap!

They will have everything tooled up and ready to go within the next THREE WEEKS! So be perpared to purchase from them. Products are going to be the same as before...no changed in design at this point (I agree about the y pipe...i wouldnt mind an equal length setup, but for now its going to be the same).

Everything is going to 304 STAINLESS STEEL and if you get a b pipe i would HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend getting it with a resonator....if you dont you probably will NOT be happy with how loud the exhaust gets. Jodi told me that most of the people that have ordered this from her in the past with out a resonator will call her back and order one because its to loud and raspy.

The number is 800-256-4482
Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM

Really?? you are complaining about $9 dollars? i am not trying to be a jerk but thats 9 bucks....just dont supersize your next happy meal

btw...this is a joke...dont take it the wrong way lol

Last edited by sergofast; 05-13-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by S1cTech
$245? damn I bought mine for $220 priority shipped like 3 years ago. lol
And three years ago we were not in a recession. you have got to think about it, things have changed in the past couple of years and everything has gone up in cost. Several factors play into this from a business point. Im sure that the cost of materials has gone up. Thats just a given. Not to mentionand they used to run specials all the time when these things were moving like hotcakes. They arent anymore...infact im just happy that they are willing to make another run for us
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Tell them to make an Equal Length ypipe and I am in (I already have an original Budget ypipe) .
Seriously, equal length FTW.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Everything is going to 304 STAINLESS STEEL and if you get a b pipe i would HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend getting it with a resonator....if you dont you probably will NOT be happy with how loud the exhaust gets. Jodi told me that most of the people that have ordered this from her in the past with out a resonator will call her back and order one because its to loud and raspy.

800-256-4482
Here's a question..I was only going to replace the y-pipe because the rest of the exhaust was changed last year. I still have my caty. converter..now if I only replace the y-pipe, will it be loud?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 06:24 PM

Here's a question..I was only going to replace the y-pipe because the rest of the exhaust was changed last year. I still have my caty. converter..now if I only replace the y-pipe, will it be loud?

Thanks

I second that question. I just replaced my flex section. Need a new muffler however.

Quick Reply: anyone need/want an exhaust?