4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 11:46 PM

Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

i Have a basic '95 max, i recently ripped out some things from a GLE model max, i think it was a '97. One of the things i took out was the Digital Temperature control unit, I tried to put it in my maxima but the connector in the back was different and on my maxima there were 3 connectors, is there anyway i would be able to hook this up? or this is impossible i would have to change other things too?
Old 12-14-2001, 01:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Do a search on this.. I think I remember reading a while ago that it was very hard to do what youre trying to do.. if not impossible..
Old 12-14-2001, 02:26 AM
Former Sponsor

its entirely possible, but the amount of work it requires is just insane for something so small......
Old 12-14-2001, 07:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's impossible.

Also, your title reads "Digital Climate Control to Manual Climate Control" Shouldn't it be reversed?
Old 12-14-2001, 09:31 AM

Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Originally posted by romeonyc
i Have a basic '95 max, i recently ripped out some things from a GLE model max, i think it was a '97. One of the things i took out was the Digital Temperature control unit, I tried to put it in my maxima but the connector in the back was different and on my maxima there were 3 connectors, is there anyway i would be able to hook this up? or this is impossible i would have to change other things too?
Get your subject right. It's backwards. I read it because I would like to do what it actually means.

I have no idea why people would want to go from the manual to the climate control. I have the climate control, and I hate it. The only thing it's good for is turning on the heat when the engine gets warm. Other than that, it sucks. I loathe how many button presses it takes to get my defrost on without A/C.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This subject is covered in the "4th gen FAQs" thread up top. It has the word "Important" in front of it.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:37 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Originally posted by jargoone

Get your subject right. It's backwards. I read it because I would like to do what it actually means.

I have no idea why people would want to go from the manual to the climate control. I have the climate control, and I hate it. The only thing it's good for is turning on the heat when the engine gets warm. Other than that, it sucks. I loathe how many button presses it takes to get my defrost on without A/C.

Are you MAD?! I LOOOOVE my electronic climate control! What's the problem jarg.? To run the defrost without the compressor it's <ECON>, <MODE>x4 real quick. Less than a second. My only complaint is the lack of outside temperature display. But other than that, it rules.
Old 12-14-2001, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Originally posted by ptatohed

Are you MAD?! I LOOOOVE my electronic climate control! What's the problem jarg.? To run the defrost without the compressor it's <ECON>, <MODE>x4 real quick. Less than a second. My only complaint is the lack of outside temperature display. But other than that, it rules.

it takes me 1 button push the defrost
Old 12-15-2001, 03:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Originally posted by carnal_c30

it takes me 1 button push the defrost
ehhehehe...Sorry i was drunk when i wrote this... I meant from Manual to Auto, thx for the replies guys, greatly appreciated
Old 12-16-2001, 08:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

I dunno. Just don't like it. It just takes more work to accomplish what I want. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it's been 6 months and I don't like it anymore than I did at first.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

I dunno. Just don't like it. It just takes more work to accomplish what I want. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it's been 6 months and I don't like it anymore than I did at first.
Yeah the digital looks nice but in my Moms I30 it DOES take me alot longer to get to what I want.

SuDZ
Old 12-17-2001, 12:34 AM
MaxedOut97SE

I love ACC, I love how you don't have to mess with it. I also like how it displays what it is doing.

Old 12-17-2001, 08:37 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

If you guys are having trouble with it my guess is you are not using it correctly. I think what you're trying to do is use an automatic like a manual. Yes, in that case, it will take more button pushes to get the same result. But if you use the auto feature, you press one button: auto/on and you're done! The electronic climate control does the rest! Anyway, e-mail me if you have any specific questions or want to discuss it. I'll try to share what I know.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:57 AM

Re: :o)

If you guys are having trouble with it my guess is you are not using it correctly.
I can use it "correctly", my problem is that the automatic settings are seldom what I actually want. For example:

* I don't like to run the A/C with the defrost unless I have to
* I often like warm air coming out of the dash vents
* I sometimes just want the fan on high because it's stuffy and the air in my face feels good

Accomplishing these things on the ACC often requires hitting one button several times, while watching the display (instead of the road) to see when I need to stop. Most manual systems require the pressing of one button for the air direction, which is a very short distraction from driving. Sliders or ***** for fan and temp don't require looking.

In my opinion, ***** and sliders are better for climate control for the same reason analog gauges are better than digital readouts -- the motion is more intuitive. Maybe I'm picky, but that's how I like it.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:59 AM

Exactly.

SuDZ
Old 12-17-2001, 11:45 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: :o)

I can use it "correctly", my problem is that the automatic settings are seldom what I actually want. For example:

* I don't like to run the A/C with the defrost unless I have to
* I often like warm air coming out of the dash vents
* I sometimes just want the fan on high because it's stuffy and the air in my face feels good

Accomplishing these things on the ACC often requires hitting one button several times, while watching the display (instead of the road) to see when I need to stop. Most manual systems require the pressing of one button for the air direction, which is a very short distraction from driving. Sliders or ***** for fan and temp don't require looking.

In my opinion, ***** and sliders are better for climate control for the same reason analog gauges are better than digital readouts -- the motion is more intuitive. Maybe I'm picky, but that's how I like it.
Yeah, I hear you bro., I hear you. Yeah, that's a common one for me too. I like heat out the vents (for your freezing hands on those cold mornings) and I too sometimes don't agree with the automatic's fan speed. Also, I quite often want NOTHING on (no air coming in at all) and that's impossible, even when everything is off, unless you press the recirc. button and with the Electronic Climate Control, you have to press it each time you get in the car. So I hear you. I just feel the benefits outweigh. I love turning on the heat right away, with a cold engine, and the car will not feed me heat until it has it (won't blow cold air). I also like how on a real hot day, I can just press 'auto' and it does the rest: starts the recirc., fan speed 4, as the car cools down fan speed 3, recirc off, fan speed 2, etc. all on it's own. I like how I can leave the temp on 72-75 all year and if it's hot, it knows to blow a/c, if it's cold, it know to blow heat. Etc., etc. Plusses and minuses.
Sounds like you would benefit from a manual system. But be grateful, although they may several button pushes away, at least the manual overrides are available to you!!! My Audi sucked! No choice for heat out the vents, only 3 fan speeds, etc. Besides, isn't it fun to be able to display '69' on the screen?
Old 12-17-2001, 12:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: :o)

I love turning on the heat right away, with a cold engine, and the car will not feed me heat until it has it (won't blow cold air).
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. That's probably the one feature I really like.
Besides, isn't it fun to be able to display '69' on the screen?
Got me there.
Old 12-17-2001, 03:11 PM

i dont know what everyone is smokin......but i think the auto climate control looks phat and thats enough for me to deal with whatever!
Old 12-17-2001, 06:34 PM

Possible YES!! my boy Mike did it but had a huge list of things that needed to be changed in order for it to work.

Is it worth it NO
Old 01-16-2002, 06:47 PM

Re: Digital Climate Control To Manual Climate Control

Originally posted by romeonyc

Hey Im just reading ole notes u guys sent in if u stil lhave the ACC and didnt bother doin te install would u be interestd in sellin it?? I would like to do the manual to auto if not how much did u get urs for and which junk yard did u get it or were did u get it Thanks Hit me bk at babyc1999@hotmail.com