Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   New to the maxima scene (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/666405-new-maxima-scene.html)

Jamin's maxi 05-30-2013 11:32 PM

New to the maxima scene

5 Attachment(s)
I'm new to the maxima scene but not the Nissan scene I drive a 1997 Nissan Maxima GXE and a 2006 Nissan SE-R Spec v the Maxima was suppose to be my wife's daily driver but since she doesn't really like it I drive it so far no mods done to it aside from an l.e.d. bulb in the interior light. Here's some pics.

Aflion 05-31-2013 01:15 AM

Welcome to the org. Clean Maxi. It looks nice. But tell me something.... how does your wife not like the car....? Haha :P

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android

TagsCustoms 05-31-2013 05:21 AM

Pretty clean... since its not your wife car anymore time to change the wheels and slam... lol

Kretzmech 06-01-2013 07:16 PM

Yesssssss ^ what he said lol

Jamin's maxi 06-01-2013 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aflion (Post 8799619)
Welcome to the org. Clean Maxi. It looks nice. But tell me something.... how does your wife not like the car....? Haha :P

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android

She claims its too big for her shes side swipe the house twice lol

Jamin's maxi 06-01-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by TagsCustoms (Post 8799643)
Pretty clean... since its not your wife car anymore time to change the wheels and slam... lol

That's my plan but im trying to finish my spec v lol but I definitely want to put a newer maxima's rims on them or 350z's rims but gotta find a nice set and convert the interior to leather want to make this my luxury car hahaha

WendysMaxima 06-02-2013 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jamin's maxi (Post 8800645)
That's my plan but im trying to finish my spec v lol but I definitely want to put a newer maxima's rims on them or 350z's rims but gotta find a nice set and convert the interior to leather want to make this my luxury car hahaha

Check out classifieds, always some goodies there. Good prices too. Lots of part outs, and lots of mods from people. Welcome to the .org :D, location?

MaxFiyah 06-02-2013 01:12 AM

nice maxima is it a manual the dash looks like it to me? and spec-v are pretty cool my brother has a 06 with intake headers and exhaust and he had it for 4 years and it only has 40k miles lol he was gonna keep it as his main car till it breaks but then he was tempted by the altima se-r lol so i was able to drive his spec-v for 2 weeks and it was very fun car to drive when i was in the process of fixing my maxima lol

Jamin's maxi 06-02-2013 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by WendysMaxima (Post 8800697)
Check out classifieds, always some goodies there. Good prices too. Lots of part outs, and lots of mods from people. Welcome to the .org :D, location?

Thanks and im from Lawton Oklahoma and I know I found a bunch of part outs near me im fixing to switch the interior out completely with leather and the wood grain pieces I need half of mine is missing lots of tlc but definitely an okay car

WendysMaxima 06-02-2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jamin's maxi (Post 8801233)
Thanks and im from Lawton Oklahoma and I know I found a bunch of part outs near me im fixing to switch the interior out completely with leather and the wood grain pieces I need half of mine is missing lots of tlc but definitely an okay car

You can message ABIGBRAIN, he has all wood grain interior that he has to get rid of. He prices well too. I'll send him a message see if I can shoot you his #. Keep us updated, always nice to see 4th gens redone.

Jamin's maxi 06-02-2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by MaxFiyah (Post 8800701)
nice maxima is it a manual the dash looks like it to me? and spec-v are pretty cool my brother has a 06 with intake headers and exhaust and he had it for 4 years and it only has 40k miles lol he was gonna keep it as his main car till it breaks but then he was tempted by the altima se-r lol so i was able to drive his spec-v for 2 weeks and it was very fun car to drive when i was in the process of fixing my maxima lol

Automatic the dash has all manual controls gonna convert all of that eventually, is it suppose to have a different dash that says what gear its in or something? I think this car was in a wreck bunch of stuff unplugged and the spec v I love it to death lol right now its just sitting in my backyard collecting dust the maxi's cheaper on gas hahaha... and isn't he on b15u??? and I need to fix my maxima as well it idles so low sometimes and definitely hates cold engine starts lol dies every morning its like its telling me to go away or something hahaha

Jamin's maxi 06-02-2013 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by WendysMaxima (Post 8801234)
You can message ABIGBRAIN, he has all wood grain interior that he has to get rid of. He prices well too. I'll send him a message see if I can shoot you his #. Keep us updated, always nice to see 4th gens redone.

Most definitely but i'm trying to get rid of that dreaded check engine light as well lol and I will definitely be on here got a lot of how to's that I was interested in I like this car so far hahaha

WendysMaxima 06-02-2013 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jamin's maxi (Post 8801237)
Most definitely but i'm trying to get rid of that dreaded check engine light as well lol and I will definitely be on here got a lot of how to's that I was interested in I like this car so far hahaha

Just always use the search button. Our cars are 15+ years old. Everything that could have gone wrong by now, has. There's a lot you can do with the car and a lot of people on here know just about everything that has to do with the Maxima. The How To's sticky is a great tool as well.

What codes for the check engine?

Jamin's maxi 06-02-2013 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by WendysMaxima (Post 8801241)
Just always use the search button. Our cars are 15+ years old. Everything that could have gone wrong by now, has. There's a lot you can do with the car and a lot of people on here know just about everything that has to do with the Maxima. The How To's sticky is a great tool as well.

What codes for the check engine?

it was a code for running lean, I think the throttle body needs to be cleaned and the 02 sensors need to be updated with newer ones kinda nervous with working on this car seeming that when I attempted to change my spark plugs on the front side of the motor one broke due to it not being changed in so long so I probably need to finish changing those but im going to let a shop do it hahaha throttle body ill clean and do myself tho, it runs fine once warmed up idles a little low (500-300) but still runs great

WendysMaxima 06-03-2013 09:09 AM

Well, good news is all those How To's are on this forum as well. Sounds like you know your way around the engine already. I always thought low rpms were a MAF issue.

Jamin's maxi 06-03-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by WendysMaxima (Post 8801360)
Well, good news is all those How To's are on this forum as well. Sounds like you know your way around the engine already. I always thought low rpms were a MAF issue.

That's what I was thinking at first but when my others cars maf started messing up it wouldn't go above 2500 rpms but maybe this car is different