4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Introduction, my 96 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Introduction, my 96 Maxima

So I got an A32 about a month ago from a friend of mine. It has black leather interior (one small tear in the driver's side) and the Bose six speaker sound system. I plan on keeping this baby for a while, cause I really enjoy it. Odometer reads 150,xxx but it's stuck at 150, so I'm unsure of the actual mileage. When I bought it there was no check engine lights (total score, right? Wrong) then I figured out that someone disabled the CEL. It was fine by me. Just a few things need repairs and she'll be running just fine.
Anyways - I bought her for $800 and she does need a bit of TLC. New brakes, suspension, and exhaust.
After I get those resolved, I'm planning on modifying the car a bit, and I just wanted some input on where I could get some aftermarket parts for it? (Exhaust, suspension, intake or any other mods that would make my vehicle more efficient) I found some drilled and slotted rotors + ceramic pads on eBay, did some research and found out that they're hit and miss. I am going to get those because for $150 it's a really good deal. I've also been considering adding forced induction to the vehicle. Have any of you guys done it before? If so was it a DIY kit or can you buy a kit premade?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Save $548 a Year

Forgot to mention, she's a 5-speed, too.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

You can usually find great deals in the classifieds subforum - lately theres been like an oversaturation of "highly sought" parts for good prices. There just doesnt seem to be the same demand for 4th gen parts anymore so the market is 100% on your side.

You can find supercharger kits for sale here and there as well, some choose to go with a turbo but thats completely diy. If i was you, id read the stickies ("read me first!" Specifically has tons of info about mods) and go from there. Theres a huge amount of performance that you can gain, on a budget even, by doing relatively simple bolt ons.

Again tons of info on the parts/routes people take and what is gained from them in the sticky - once you get yourself acquainted, use the search bar (be sure to click web results) and you will find endless amounts of info on practically any question you have. Id say just about every single topic there is to discuss on these cars has been talked about already, so be sure to do your homework by searching before asking simple questions unless you wanna be flamed by some old grouches lol