4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

heater works for 1 minute and stop

Old 01-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

heater works for 1 minute and stop

hello,

I have strange problem. the heater working about 1 or 2 minutes and then cold air out.

I followed all direction in HA.pdf. no error code at all. the hoses are hot both.

any ideas ?

thanks
Old 01-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hi,
I tried the self checking as it written in Heater & Air Condition (Section HA) and I see unlisted code. Step 2 in (HA-71) i see the number 23. in the manual there's no 23 only 22 an d 24.

another thing is step 5 in HA-77. while I press on defrost in 51 code i see only two temperature instead of three. can one of the sensors not working?

any idea's?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 AM

I don't know what # 23 is, I looked in manuals for 3 different years and there is no listing for 23. The other numbers that are listed account for all the sensors.

In the 51 test, I think that all sensors are working because the 20 series test checks them. I have no idea.

Unless maybe the control panel is bad. If the microprocessor or prom is bad, the control panel will not be able to do things correctly, including the self diagnostics. The only way to test the control panel is to put another one in.

Some basic checks:

change the temperature to the maximum and see if the heat continues to blow. At maximum setting, the heat is supposed to blow constantly, never regulated.

Check that the control panel is getting the full 12 volts.
Check that the control panel has a good ground.

When the engine is cold, open the radiator cap and check that the radiator coolant level is all the way to the top.

If you have any more questions, tell us what year the car is. Nissan made changes every year to these cars, so a 96 has a lot of differences from a 99.

Last edited by DennisMik; 01-31-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Search this Thread