4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Gains: OBX or Ebay Headers+Warp YPipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM

Gains: OBX or Ebay Headers+Warp YPipe?

OBX (vq30 or vq35) Headers vs eBay Headers+Warpspeed Y pipe

I understand headers don't give much gains but I have a cali spec and need to swap them regardless

Fitment issues aside(due to family issues I no longer have anything besides very basic tools, would get a quote from some place like pepboys for the job then deal with that nightmare)

Looking for the most power preferably low end power. I've also read the obx v2s have a 2.25in outlet section from the y pipe vs warpspeeds 2.5in piping, not sure about the vq30 OBX but I assume it's the same
Old 01-26-2017, 05:07 PM

The change is worth it but not sure if you need a specific cali spec manifold though? I have ebay headers and Y pipe, not equal length but worth it in my opinion! It is fed spec and 2.25" in diameter.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you may come across fitment issues with either of your options. I'll let others chime in on fitment.

Your best bet may be what I suggested in your other thread. OEM fed spec headers plus Warpspeed Y --> No fitment issues, cheap, and best bang for your buck....

maybe 1 or 2 horses will be left on the table by not going OBX, but do you really want to deal with fitment issues?

I believe Ebay headers are essentially OEM headers, so I'd pass on those.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you may come across fitment issues with either of your options. I'll let others chime in on fitment.

Your best bet may be what I suggested in your other thread. OEM fed spec headers plus Warpspeed Y --> No fitment issues, cheap, and best bang for your buck....

maybe 1 or 2 horses will be left on the table by not going OBX, but do you really want to deal with fitment issues?

I believe Ebay headers are essentially OEM headers, so I'd pass on those.
https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...comments.htmlD

here's a thread i found on the latest obx revision, sounds like they finally fixed the xmember and motor mount fitment issues, enlarged y pipe to 2.5, and changed the 90 degree merge angle.

Unfortunstely i wish someone with a 4th gen chimed im but for 5.5 genners I went through all of the comments and those who still had fitment issues were unclear if they got the new version (no pictures or mention of the new design) im thinking maybe they got some of the old batch