4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cluster Problem & Solution 4th Gen Maxima

Old 05-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cluster Problem & Solution 4th Gen Maxima

Hi All,

I'm new to this website and what made me decide to create an account here and write this Topic, is the solution I found for my 4th gen Maxima Cluster it started acting crazy like the speedometer was dropping to zero and all the other gauges including the Tachometer, Fuel and Water Temperature.

when ever I hit the dashboard above the cluster or hit a bump on the road it will start doing that.

The solution I found is that disassembled the cluster the Speedometer took it out and I cleaned the motor which rotates the speedometer itself with the (WD 40) sprayed inside the motor, and also replaced the 4 screws that hod it with other 4 screws from the other gauges on the cluster itself.

now no matter how much i hit on it or go on any bumps on the road it will never get back to the same problem again.

Hope this helps anyone here that is facing the same issue, and if any one has any question please let me know by writing me back directly.

With best wishes

Thamir.

Search this Thread