Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   So My Wife Borrows My Max Today.... (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/700919-so-my-wife-borrows-my-max-today.html)

SneakyBastard 03-20-2018 06:52 PM

So My Wife Borrows My Max Today....

My wife wanted to borrow my Max this morning because mine has a full tank and she doesn't want to get out of the car to put gas in hers because it is raining. Eshe is just taking my youngest to a Doc visit about 5 miles away.

I get a call about 2 hours later from my youngest informing me that they were in a wreck......

Some lady ran a red light and hit them in the front, right of the car.

I've been just looking at it for the last 5 hours..... The feontbmotor mount is tweaked, both hood hinges are bent towards the drivers side, hood is bowed in the middle and I might have a bent frame.

Being it is a '99, the adjuster is going to probably total my car. But I'm not having it.

Ive been working on this car for 2 years now and it is just about completed. I'm not letting her go out like this!
​​​​​​​
Glad no one was hurt, but, all my wife had to do is ask me to put gas in her car.......

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....95c0fb8ba1.jpg

JoshG 03-20-2018 07:07 PM

Some women don't know how to drive and be aware... I'm a guy and avoided many potential accidents cause I learned how to be a defensive driver. But most importantly... glad no one was hurt. But I also think that some women purposely get in an accident if they can, so they can get a "new" car. It's their nature. I could be wrong though.

I would try and find a decent 240sx, they're fun cheap Nissan car's with similar engines from the 4th gen maxima, also fun to mod. That's what I would do if I were in your situation.

SneakyBastard 03-20-2018 07:14 PM

From what my daughter told me, they were driving on a one way street. They were in the middle lane with a red pickup on the right of them. All 3 lanes started moving forward at the green light. My car is lowered with 16" rims and with the full sized pickup next to them, the wife never saw it coming. The pickup did, and hit his brakes. Just enough for my wife to get hit. She says she never even saw her until she got hit.
The lady was driving a mini-van she had just purchased. Still had dealer plates. The bad part was she didn't speak very much English......
But I speak Spanish, so, all the bull**** she was saying to my wife didn't last long.

JoshG 03-20-2018 07:21 PM

So clearly the red pickup truck saw someone potentially running a red light and hit the brakes... she clearly didn't notice that? I think that's what they all say... "Omg, I didn't see that car until I got hit!" Yeah, that could have been a trip to the hospital for not being aware. It makes me upset... Though just move on and glad she wasn't hurt. There are plenty of 4th gen maxima's out there if you choose to stay within it, 240sx's are fun cars too!

JvG 03-20-2018 07:21 PM

Sorry about your car. Looks like if your wife drover just a wee bit faster, the car would have been T boned in the right doors. Cars can be replaced, people not so much. The Maxima was large enough to absorb the impact.

I have repaired a car with frame damage. I replaced the crashed parts similar to your situation. I took the car to a body shop to have the frame straightened for a reasonable sum.

Unfortunatly, it appears that the most logical thing to do is to find another 1999, and use your wrecked one as a parts car.

SneakyBastard 03-20-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by JvG (Post 9171312)
Sorry about your car. Looks like if your wife drover just a wee bit faster, the car would have been T boned in the right doors. Cars can be replaced, people not so much. The Maxima was large enough to absorb the impact.

I have repaired a car with frame damage. I replaced the crashed parts similar to your situation. I took the car to a body shop to have the frame straightened for a reasonable sum.

Unfortunatly, it appears that the most logical thing to do is to find another 1999, and use your wrecked one as a parts car.

I'm gonna cry.....lol

SneakyBastard 03-20-2018 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JoshG (Post 9171311)
So clearly the red pickup truck saw someone potentially running a red light and hit the brakes... she clearly didn't notice that? I think that's what they all say... "Omg, I didn't see that car until I got hit!" Yeah, that could have been a trip to the hospital for not being aware. It makes me upset... Though just move on and glad she wasn't hurt. There are plenty of 4th gen maxima's out there if you choose to stay within it, 240sx's are fun cars too!

Josh....you don't like women much, do you.....lol.

JoshG 03-20-2018 07:33 PM

I like women, but not when they do stupid stuff on the road that makes it dangerous for others and their passengers. They're not defensive and aware as men when they're on the road.
Like you'll probably see women more likely to text and drive and then complain/moan if someone tells them what they're doing, whereas men do understand that it's not right to put others in danger and to pay attention 100% on the road.

JvG 03-20-2018 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JoshG (Post 9171316)
I like women, but not when they do stupid stuff on the road that makes it dangerous for others and their passengers. They're not defensive and aware as men when they're on the road.
Like you'll probably see women more likely to text and drive and then complain/moan if someone tells them what they're doing, whereas men do understand that it's not right to put others in danger and to pay attention 100% on the road.

Josh, seems like the car that hit her came from the right. The truck would have been on the right side of your car. They accelerated at the same rate. So the car was invisible because she could not see through the truck

Then the truck stopped just in time to avoid hitting the car. While the wife kept going, because a split second ago, the truck was right next to her. Fraction of a second. Once traffic gets going, most peoples attention will be straight ahead.

She had no time to react.

I feel that the wife had a bad day, the daughters story seems to be accurate, and makes sense.

​We could help with the decision of what could be dome about his car, or transplanting it' noble soul.

JoshG 03-20-2018 10:16 PM

Eh I guess, I mean its already done so, but a good practice is when approaching a stop light, if your vision is being blocked by another car, slow down and proceed to drive ahead because someone could run a red light..

If I can't see both ways, I slow down until I can see its clear.. Accident's happen when vision is blocked or a crazy driver is around..

JvG 03-20-2018 11:26 PM

Sometimes it' best to eat the cost of a car to keep the peace, the relationship going. I don't see bad intent here.

accidents do happen.

maxima297 03-25-2018 04:23 PM

I love how it's the woman's fault the accident happened....because this has never happened to any male driver, because even the most careless men are better drivers, right?

max ride 41 03-26-2018 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by maxima297 (Post 9171625)
I love how it's the woman's fault the accident happened....because this has never happened to any male driver, because even the most careless men are better drivers, right?

yes, :whistling::Ghustle:

The Wizard 03-26-2018 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by maxima297 (Post 9171625)

Up until recently, women were not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. I think JoshG was a Saudi in his previous life. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

maxima297 03-26-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard (Post 9171689)
Up until recently, women were not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. I think JoshG was a Saudi in his previous life. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

GDI Wiz 😂😂😂

JoshG 03-26-2018 03:55 PM

Haha, man y'all hatin. I was just having a bad day on that day.

max ride 41 03-27-2018 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by JoshG (Post 9171715)
Haha, man y'all hatin. I was just having a bad day on that day.

ya'll?? aren't you from Canada?? :)

maxima297 03-27-2018 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41 (Post 9171762)
ya'll?? aren't you from Canada?? :)

I'm an Upstate New Yorker and I say y'all 😁

max ride 41 03-27-2018 06:58 AM

i lived in the south when i was kid and i don't say ya'll. to each his own

Frank Fontaine 03-27-2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by maxima297 (Post 9171763)
I'm an Upstate New Yorker and I say y'all 😁

Do you say rubberneck, or gaper delay?

maxima297 03-27-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine (Post 9171802)
Do you say rubberneck, or gaper delay?

Rubberneck.

Quickywd01 06-12-2018 08:18 AM

So what happened to this?

beelineparts 06-12-2018 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by SneakyBastard (Post 9171307)
My wife wanted to borrow my Max this morning because mine has a full tank and she doesn't want to get out of the car to put gas in hers because it is raining. Eshe is just taking my youngest to a Doc visit about 5 miles away.

I get a call about 2 hours later from my youngest informing me that they were in a wreck......

Some lady ran a red light and hit them in the front, right of the car.

I've been just looking at it for the last 5 hours..... The feontbmotor mount is tweaked, both hood hinges are bent towards the drivers side, hood is bowed in the middle and I might have a bent frame.

Being it is a '99, the adjuster is going to probably total my car. But I'm not having it.

Ive been working on this car for 2 years now and it is just about completed. I'm not letting her go out like this!

Glad no one was hurt, but, all my wife had to do is ask me to put gas in her car.......

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....95c0fb8ba1.jpg

I know this is a few months old, but that sucks. If you happen to be looking for parts though. check out our site. I can probably get you a little better price if need be. We only sell new OEM parts though since we are a dealership still.
​​​​​​​https://www.beelineparts.com/

Quickywd01 06-12-2018 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by beelineparts (Post 9177214)
I know this is a few months old, but that sucks. If you happen to be looking for parts though. check out our site. I can probably get you a little better price if need be. We only sell new OEM parts though since we are a dealership still.
​​​​​​​https://www.beelineparts.com/

Most new oem parts for these cars these days are chinese crap and that's people on here reporting on parts from dealerships. Sorry.

beelineparts 06-13-2018 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quickywd01 (Post 9177253)
Most new oem parts for these cars these days are chinese crap and that's people on here reporting on parts from dealerships. Sorry.

I am sorry you feel that way. All I can say is the parts we sell are Genuine Nissan parts made specifically for the vehicles of year and model. If anyone wants to go aftermarket or get imitation parts for cheap, I won't stop you. However if anyone needs a new Stock OEM part for a specific vehicle, that I can do. In no way do I mean to insult or steer anyone in the wrong direction. I am just here to help anyone who has questions about stock parts or wants to buy those stock parts.

max ride 41 06-14-2018 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by beelineparts (Post 9177287)
I am sorry you feel that way. All I can say is the parts we sell are Genuine Nissan parts made specifically for the vehicles of year and model. If anyone wants to go aftermarket or get imitation parts for cheap, I won't stop you. However if anyone needs a new Stock OEM part for a specific vehicle, that I can do. In no way do I mean to insult or steer anyone in the wrong direction. I am just here to help anyone who has questions about stock parts or wants to buy those stock parts.

you should set up a thread in the vendors section and offer new customers a discount and say what warranty is available on the parts. ( item specific of course )

beelineparts 06-14-2018 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41 (Post 9177321)
you should set up a thread in the vendors section and offer new customers a discount and say what warranty is available on the parts. ( item specific of course )

I'm new so I did not know there was a vendor section. Thanks! I will do that, I appreciate the help!

max ride 41 06-14-2018 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by beelineparts (Post 9177324)
I'm new so I did not know there was a vendor section. Thanks! I will do that, I appreciate the help!

yall is welcome :)

CMax03 06-14-2018 09:56 PM

Man advice! Don't worry about the car just make sure you ask if they're OK! Or you won't hear the end of it....

Violator 06-15-2018 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03 (Post 9177387)
Man advice! Don't worry about the car just make sure you ask if they're OK! Or you won't hear the end of it....

This is why I fear the thought of teaching her to drive stick so she can borrow my car when hers is in the shop, I love my car too much to risk someone else's carelessness I've already got my own to worry about

The Wizard 06-15-2018 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by beelineparts (Post 9177324)

You really need to step up and become a Vendor if you wish to advertise on this forum. Please do not advertise or promote your website anymore w/o doing so. Thank you.

Forum Moderator

Quickywd01 06-17-2018 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by beelineparts (Post 9177287)
I am sorry you feel that way.

People have documented that when you go to a nissan dealership and try to get certain oem parts, you get aftermarket or it's not available. So your parts must be magic. How can you be offering parts that don't exist anymore? :bs::eek::Police:

SneakyBastard 02-23-2019 11:31 PM

It's been a long time since this accident but I just couldn't let my Max go.
The lady that hit my car was an illegal alien and evidently their insurance was conveniently inactive due to their payment being late.
So bottom line... ? California sucks....

I am picking up a 98 Max tomorrow morning. Excellent condition, GLE with new paint, interior near perfect condition... Bad motor.

Irrelevant.

Swapping the motor and suspension, Y-pipe, tail lights, rims and sound system.

Gonna restart the interior project... Just have to figure what I want to do inside first...

But, I'm glad I stuck to my guns and kept my Max. God i miss her!!

max ride 41 02-24-2019 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by SneakyBastard (Post 9195996)
The lady that hit my car was an illegal alien and evidently their insurance was conveniently inactive due to their payment being late.

I am picking up a 98 Max tomorrow morning. Excellent condition, GLE with new paint, interior near perfect condition... Bad motor.

Irrelevant.

Gonna restart the interior project... Just have to figure what I want to do inside first...

join the club dude, i haven't driven my max due to engine and exhaust issues. miss driving my max as well. hopefully getting her back on the road tomorrow!! pics of the new whip man

JvG 02-24-2019 11:44 AM

Irrelevant.

Seems that you will end up with a nice car by the time you are done.

Do you plan on taking care of common issues like valve covers, the egr, the injectors, perhaps water pump before you install the engine? This would be the most convenient time to access those things..

reallywildstuff 02-24-2019 03:35 PM

Irrelevant.

"We are maxima.org. Your Maxima will be assimilated and its uniqueness added to our own collective. Bad motor is irrelevant. Stock exhaust is irrelevant. Your Maxima will be assimilated."

What does the other drivers' immigration status have to do with them paying for your car repairs? What did law enforcement do / not do once you notified them that this person didn't have valid insurance at time of accident?

krismax 02-24-2019 07:01 PM

I would have fixed it easy fix. I had an accident similar to that.

I bought it from the insurance company. But i got it for free because i kept telling them i have the car at my house and i own it . I'am not buying it from you. I said well if it's worth it for you we'll go to court.They said just keep it. And they gave me $2500. There's more to the story,like i told them if you can find a loaded 96 maxima manual with no rust . I'll take your deal.They couldn't find one.

SneakyBastard 02-25-2019 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by reallywildstuff (Post 9196035)
"We are maxima.org. Your Maxima will be assimilated and its uniqueness added to our own collective. Bad motor is irrelevant. Stock exhaust is irrelevant. Your Maxima will be assimilated."

What does the other drivers' immigration status have to do with them paying for your car repairs? What did law enforcement do / not do once you notified them that this person didn't have valid insurance at time of accident?

I am Mexican, so, don't think it has anything to do with the situation. The problem here in Cali is that if they have no insurance, the most you face is a fine for no insurance and if they don't pay the fine, their license will be suspended.

The onus is on the person seeking compensation. Which means filing in small claims court and hoping the judge finds in your favor. Since it was a non-injury accident, the police didn't even bother to show up at the scene. Which, by the way, the police station happened to be 2 blocks away from the scene.

I did follow up on the attempt to serve for small claims.

As is the case 99% of the time when an illegal faces paying for their damages, the family vacated their address to parts unknown. The sheriff's deputy laughingly says, "Yup. More'n likely went back to Mex'co. Seen it a hunerd times."

SneakyBastard 02-25-2019 02:13 PM

So thought y'all would like to see the "bedazzled" wonder I brought home yesterday... (That was for you, Josh!)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....a3ec0c4c48.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....32ec2bf0cd.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....30583445b1.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....028ef36204.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....67ef017d3d.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....08fa1eb999.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....c595830d6c.jpg

Now the "bedazzling" part....lmao

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....1789586e74.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....71c1570af3.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....3a7cc9ce04.jpg

She has this stuff EVERYwhere...lol...

But all in all....very clean and straight.

JvG 02-25-2019 04:49 PM

Mama looks like a nice car.

Removing certain encrustation's would add to its appeal.

Mechanical items are more important.

Good luck with it.