Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Wiring help (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/703137-wiring-help.html)

Nicholas Pap 12-08-2018 10:33 PM

Wiring help

I recenlty picked up a 1995 nissan maxima. Thr motor was just swapped into it but the wirirng was never completly hooked up along with the fule and vaccume lines . Can any one send me some pictures of there fuel and vaccume lines . Does anyone know what this plug goes to?
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....94c9a48c62.jpg

JvG 12-09-2018 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nicholas Pap (Post 9189926)
I recenlty picked up a 1995 nissan maxima. Thr motor was just swapped into it but the wirirng was never completly hooked up along with the fule and vaccume lines . Can any one send me some pictures of there fuel and vaccume lines . Does anyone know what this plug goes to?
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....94c9a48c62.jpg

this forum has a SEACH feature.

everything ever posted on this forum is all there.
Including all the photos you could ask for.

Violator 12-09-2018 11:12 AM

That plug isn't used I don't remember what it's for but it wasn't plugged in on my VQ30 engines I think it's a diagnostic port. You bought a car that had an engine swapped in it but the fuel and vaccum lines aren't hooked up? That sounds sketchy. Why would someone do the work of an engine swap and not do take the 10-15min to plug it in. I think that's an original VQ30 so as far as "wiring" it shouldn't need anything but the matching plugs connected. Fuel line is easy, theres a fuel filter at the right hand back side(Google a picture if you need to) that plugs into the fuel rail. Vacuum hosing for the most part should be simple the right hose the right size in the right area, there may be 102 that you can't find where it goes upload a good pic of it and I'm sure we can help.

This sounds like an odd situation missing a lot of info

Nicholas Pap 12-09-2018 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Violator (Post 9189946)
That plug isn't used I don't remember what it's for but it wasn't plugged in on my VQ30 engines I think it's a diagnostic port. You bought a car that had an engine swapped in it but the fuel and vaccum lines aren't hooked up? That sounds sketchy. Why would someone do the work of an engine swap and not do take the 10-15min to plug it in. I think that's an original VQ30 so as far as "wiring" it shouldn't need anything but the matching plugs connected. Fuel line is easy, theres a fuel filter at the right hand back side(Google a picture if you need to) that plugs into the fuel rail. Vacuum hosing for the most part should be simple the right hose the right size in the right area, there may be 102 that you can't find where it goes upload a good pic of it and I'm sure we can help.

This sounds like an odd situation missing a lot of info

It was a friemds he was in the middle of swapping the motor and he was moving so I bought the project I got a hell of a deal . I thinm I have the fuel lines figured out but the small vaccume lines are confusing .

JSutter 12-10-2018 07:30 AM

Is it Fed spec or Cali spec emissions?

There are simplified diagrams on the hood.

PH98I30 12-10-2018 09:24 AM

I had a similar problem before. I went to a junkyard, found an intact engine and traced where all the lines and hoses went. It was the most helpful thing that I did.

JvG 12-10-2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by PH98I30 (Post 9190010)
I had a similar problem before. I went to a junkyard, found an intact engine and traced where all the lines and hoses went. It was the most helpful thing that I did.

Yes. Go to a wrecking yard. Then take lots of photos.

I rebuilt an engine in an unfamiliar car. I took lots of photos before I took things apart. They were very useful when I starred the reassembly and installation process.

The Wizard 12-10-2018 12:25 PM

If all else fails, consult the FSM (free download in my signature). It has all the fuel and vacuum lines diagrams you need.

CMax03 12-16-2018 08:17 PM

You should be able to lay your harness out on top your engine and figure out what goes where! It's not like all the plugs are identical to each other.....

Nicholas Pap 01-29-2019 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by CMax03 (Post 9190442)
You should be able to lay your harness out on top your engine and figure out what goes where! It's not like all the plugs are identical to each other.....

I figured out all the vaccume lines and fuel lines I got it running the reason it wouldnt fitlre was because of a sub wiring harness missing for the crank sensor . Runs pretty good Little bit of blow by I need do some more work it idels a little low and seems liek it want s to die I never figured out what that one single wiring clip is for

Nicholas Pap 01-29-2019 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by JSutter (Post 9189998)
Is it Fed spec or Cali spec emissions?

There are simplified diagrams on the hood.

no Arizona

JvG 01-30-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nicholas Pap (Post 9194070)
no Arizona

There are two emissions set ups.

One is California spec.

The other is for the other 49 states.
there is a sticker on the underside if the hood which states what you have.

Cars move around of course. So your Arizona car might be California spec.

BransAm 01-31-2019 12:24 PM

I will look at mine when i get home from work and see if i have that. Its a plug similar on mine that isn't plugged into anything.