4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Brighter reverse light...electronic questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 01:38 PM

thinking about an auxiliary reverse light....
is it me or does everyone fill that the reverse light are too dim?......(probably just me...)
I want to mount one somewhere in the rear center.....but I still don't know how to do the electric....
what is a good and safe way to add extra electronic appliances in your car?

Thank you.

Old 09-04-2000, 02:36 PM

very carefully =) ... why not replace the bulbs and wiring harness to handle a brighter bulb?? if that dont work maybe if you have the cash get round bulb assembly molded in to the rear trunk - but that might be alot of $$$$$$
Old 09-04-2000, 03:59 PM

hehehe kinda like the is 300

hehe
with the round lights on the trunk...
humm
might look uglie on our rear
^_^
I think it is abit dangerous to put too bright of a light in the original fixture ( even with a replaced harness)
I want a rear light that is aimed down, not up....
kinda like a fog light but for the rear....

yeah,...something like that

Originally posted by Stillnmax
very carefully =) ... why not replace the bulbs and wiring harness to handle a brighter bulb?? if that dont work maybe if you have the cash get round bulb assembly molded in to the rear trunk - but that might be alot of $$$$$$
Old 09-04-2000, 04:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Like trucks lol

Lot's of SUV's and other trucks have auxiliary lighting under the rear bumper. I used to have them on my exploder. Most trucks use it for hooking a hitch up in the dark. I guess you could do something similar with small piaa's or something. Although, I don't see why, and you'd really have to hide it under the bumper. It could be done though. Just like wiring up lights in the front only longer wires.

Chris
Old 09-04-2000, 10:31 PM

Re: Like trucks lol

hehe yup thats me
sometime I park in the ugliest place and curbs and stuff...
its dark and I need good lights in the rear so I can see where the curbs are.....
how I wish I just have a nice huge garage....
damn..talk about one expensive mod...getting a nice huge garage that is
^_^

Originally posted by CKNY
Lot's of SUV's and other trucks have auxiliary lighting under the rear bumper. I used to have them on my exploder. Most trucks use it for hooking a hitch up in the dark. I guess you could do something similar with small piaa's or something. Although, I don't see why, and you'd really have to hide it under the bumper. It could be done though. Just like wiring up lights in the front only longer wires.

Chris
Old 09-05-2000, 05:33 AM
Disco Biscuit

Why not put a set of PIAA driving lights tucked up under the bumper ?

I've seen that done before and it works great. If installed right you wouldn't see them. Thats pretty cheesy sounding isn't it.
I did see something really cool one time on a Ferrari. THey put a motor on the rear license plate mount, so when he put it into reverse, the license plate folded down, and a driving light was behind it and came on.