4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

driver side headlight is out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

driver side headlight is out!

I have the Hanabi Purple HIDs. For whatever reason, the driver side headlight HID is out. The passenger side still work. I checked the fuses and connections, everything seem fine. Also, when I turn on the headlights, the High Beam indicator light would go on, it blinks on and off. Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2002, 08:44 PM

Re: driver side headlight is out!

Originally posted by Cumalot
I have the Hanabi Purple HIDs. For whatever reason, the driver side headlight HID is out. The passenger side still work. I checked the fuses and connections, everything seem fine. Also, when I turn on the headlights, the High Beam indicator light would go on, it blinks on and off. Any ideas?
Your going to have to remove the ballast and check to see if it got damaged. I just drove not far from your place I 90 trying to race a the older body saleen!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:44 PM

[lame joke] your headlight looks good in your sig. [/lame joke]

Old 06-18-2002, 11:04 PM

I don't know how the HIDs are wired or anything about the ballasts, but on the OEM harness the driver's side headlight ground is weaker than the passenger side. Mine headlight will cut in and out occasionally (more like very seldom), and I've seen a few other threads that mention this. If you use the original ground for anything (again I don't know your setup) you may want to check in on those threads.
Hope that helps a little.
-hype
Old 06-18-2002, 11:09 PM

one of my friends has a similar problem, when the HIDS get too cold, the passenger side doesnt work
Old 06-19-2002, 09:36 AM

Guess what? My driver side headlight is working again. This morning when I was about to head home from school, I decided to turn on the headlight switch to see if the High Beam indicator was still flashing or not. Well, the High Beam indicator light was no longer there. So I went outside and checked out the driver side headlight, it was working. WTH?! I don't get it. Any ideas?
Old 06-19-2002, 09:39 AM

Guess what? My driver side headlight is working again. This morning when I was about to head home from school, I decided to turn on the headlight switch to see if the High Beam indicator was still flashing or not. Well, the High Beam indicator light was no longer there. So I went outside and checked out the driver side headlight, it was working. WTH?! I don't get it. Any ideas?

Mike you turned your high beams by mistake, thats why!!! you have to leave it to normal we dont have high beams
Old 06-19-2002, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by JAY25

Mike you turned your high beams by mistake, thats why!!! you have to leave it to normal we dont have high beams

No Jaime, that's not the case. If that's the case, the passenger side would have not been on either yesterday. I even made sure the high beam wasn't on by mistake, that was the problem. Whatever the case, it's working now. I'm still a bit confused.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:47 AM

No Jaime, that's not the case. If that's the case, the passenger side would have not been on either yesterday. I even made sure the high beam wasn't on by mistake, that was the problem. Whatever the case, it's working now. I'm still a bit confused.
Freddie told me to upgrade the fuse, you may want to do that. Also what da heck happened to your cell it dont work no more you got a new number again
Old 06-19-2002, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by JAY25

Freddie told me to upgrade the fuse, you may want to do that. Also what da heck happened to your cell it dont work no more you got a new number again

I upgraded the fuse the same day you helped me put the HIDs in. I got a 25amp fuses in there. I cancelled my cell phone, didn't you read my post on that in the SE forum? I got tired of the phone, lost calls...breakup...etc. Plus, I don't use the cell phone that much anyway. I might go with a pager next time.