5th Generation Classifieds (2000-2003) Buy, sell, trade parts for 2000-2003 Maximas

TN FS: Knights "Wrayth" mount inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Get Off My Lawn

FS: Knights "Wrayth" mount inserts

Up for sale is one set (2 peices) of Knights recently released Wrayth mounts. For those that do not know, you can check his thread in the 5th gen forum. These are a two peice rubber insert that replace your stock torque mounts, either for the engine or transmission. You must press out your stock rubber, then these peices easily push into the mount bracket. This set also comes with a new steel pin which the mount bolt slides through.

Reason for Selling: Being an automatic and this car as my daily driver, the inserts for my transmission resulted in unwanted vibration and engine noise in my cabin, above what I expected. I believe the engine mount to be more than sufficient for limiting engine movement on my car and given my driving style, so I am going back to a stock transmission mount. I am keeping my engine Wrayth inserts!

Please note, the quality of these inserts is remarkable! Ray (Knight) did superb work and I highly recomend if you want inserts for both engine and tranny, contact him and get these. If you are just thinking about doing the engine mount, here is your opportunity! The fit is perfect for the engine mount! So, for anyone wanting to save some money and perform a mode that will act much like the torque link, but avoiding the harshness and extent of vibration the torque link creates.....this is the perfect mod!

Asking $65 shipped. It is still installed and I will need payment to order a new transmission mount to replace the Wrayth inserts. Anyone interested, just email me or post here. Paypal: Mxmumpwr@aol.com for payment.
Also willing to intertain possible trade offers. Looking for a Rear Sway Bar.

Last edited by Chris Gregg; 01-11-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 AM
^ Jeff™

Do you have pics?

Sorry, or link the thread.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM

So this would be perfect. For me. 02 6mt with torque link this would go into the transit mount correct hmmm very tempting might have to do it. Or I was going to fabricate my own solid trans mount cause I made my own torque link.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Get Off My Lawn

These inserts will also fit into the transmission mount, whichever you prefer. I only figured most would want to do this in place of doing a torque link. These will of course allow for some movement (unlike the TL), but should be similarly as effective! For those who already have a TL and would like to further stiffen things up, installing this at the transmission would definately do that. Do keep in mind, like the TL, these will add vibration and engine noise into the cabin....there is some trade off to be expected, as I've already mentioned.

The thread for these can be found here:
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-protoype.html

Here are some images of the inserts and then of them installed into the engine mount:

Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Get Off My Lawn

Also willing to intertain discussion of a trade for a Rear Sway Bar.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Get Off My Lawn

These are now off the car and ready to be shipped.

Also, if anyone is interested in a automatic transmission mount housing that is already had the oem rubber pressed out, I'll be willing to include it for an extra $15 shipped. Shipping will be extra due to the added size which will require a medium flat rate box. Knight is working on modifying new transmission mounts which fit properly...so with this mount housing, you you can keep your old mount intact if you want to swap it back in.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM

Free bump for you sir.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Thank you sir! Open to reasonable offers or trades.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Get Off My Lawn

BUMP: