Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   New Maxima Owner / New org Member! (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/101467-new-maxima-owner-new-org-member.html)

TonyVQ 07-18-2002 07:13 AM

New Maxima Owner / New org Member!

After wanting a Maxima since the early 90's, last month I finally got one! See my sig for the details! I LOVE this car! It's the best car I have ever owned and I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Since the 2k3's were already on the lot at the dealership, I got a good deal on my 2k2 since there were only about three left. All of my friends are jealous!! I take them for a quick triple-digit-speed jaunt on the expressway and they are green with envy! I have been reading over the board here for a few weeks and decided to join. Lots of great information here too. I'm sure I will be posting some questions I have about my car soon.

Glad to be here!!! :rollsmile

MONTE 01&97 SE 07-18-2002 07:16 AM

Congrats and welcome!:)

2000 SE 07-18-2002 07:28 AM

Watch out for the mod bug :wall:

nice95GLE 07-18-2002 07:32 AM

Did anyone tell this guy about surrendering your first born to become a member?

HulaMAX 07-18-2002 07:39 AM

Congratulations and happy modding!!! :)

NYC2SD 07-18-2002 08:17 AM

Welcome. I hope you get addicted to your car just as much as all of us.:laugh:

Deven2kStickMax 07-18-2002 08:34 AM

Re: New Maxima Owner / New org Member!

Originally posted by TonyVQ
After wanting a Maxima since the early 90's, last month I finally got one! See my sig for the details! I LOVE this car! It's the best car I have ever owned and I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Since the 2k3's were already on the lot at the dealership, I got a good deal on my 2k2 since there were only about three left. All of my friends are jealous!! I take them for a quick triple-digit-speed jaunt on the expressway and they are green with envy! I have been reading over the board here for a few weeks and decided to join. Lots of great information here too. I'm sure I will be posting some questions I have about my car soon.

welcome and expect lots of paint chips

Ironlord 07-18-2002 08:39 AM

Originally posted by nice95GLE
Did anyone tell this guy about surrendering your first born to become a member?

SHHH! Don't scare him away just yet!

Playero 07-18-2002 09:48 AM

Welcome!! Have Fun!! :D

TonyVQ 07-18-2002 11:14 AM

Re: Re: New Maxima Owner / New org Member!

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

welcome and expect lots of paint chips

Still own my 1994 Altima that I bought new, but my mother is using it now. Geeze, don't have to tell me about friggen Nissan paint chips!!
:mad:

ChoppaBoy 07-18-2002 11:23 AM

whats up tonyVQ, from the louisville area too? i just got my max in april and i love everything but the gas mileage :D what kind of deal did you get?

oh, and ive got a superblack max with about 2k miles and only 1 paint chip on my rear fender well so far

maximadave 07-18-2002 11:26 AM

congrats on your new Max:festive:

let the modding begin....:D

CHAZMAX 07-18-2002 11:39 AM

maximadave,
This is a little OT, but... I can't take it anymore! You're just gonna have to take that pic of your ride off your sig. Everytime I see it, I kick myself for not going majestic! :laugh:

Seriously though, damn nice ride man.

Padsy 07-18-2002 11:44 AM

CONGRATS........

kjpierce 07-18-2002 01:23 PM

capital gains in max mods decreasing.

Originally posted by 2000 SE
Watch out for the mod bug :wall:
yeah watch out for your wallet. since dec01 i've dropped $1,100 on appearance mods. it will be twice that amount when i start on the performance!!!

kj

undercvr 07-18-2002 01:44 PM

Congrats!! Be careful, it's very easy to become totally car obsessed w/the Max. Fortunately, my family has always found me to be a bit of a lunatic anyway (I think they use the term "special")
:jump:

TonyVQ 07-18-2002 05:03 PM

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy
whats up tonyVQ, from the louisville area too? i just got my max in april and i love everything but the gas mileage :D what kind of deal did you get?

oh, and ive got a superblack max with about 2k miles and only 1 paint chip on my rear fender well so far

Hey ChoppaBoy,

Yup, I'm from Louisville. I'm "lackluster13" on Louisville Streets. I remember seeing you on there!

Had mine for a little over a month and I'm almost at 2k already! I hear ya bout the gas mileage, but honestly, it's not that much worse than the 94 Alty I had been driving.

Sticker on mine was $27,089.00. Got for $25,200.00 with practically nothing down. No paint chips... YET! ;)

maximadave 07-18-2002 05:12 PM

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
maximadave,
This is a little OT, but... I can't take it anymore! You're just gonna have to take that pic of your ride off your sig. Everytime I see it, I kick myself for not going majestic! :laugh:

thank you

OUMAX 07-18-2002 07:46 PM

I too just purchased an 02 SE Maxima and joined this sight. I did a lot of research right here on this sight before the purchase, and a lot since. Have already put the AE Pedals and Sills on and am ordering H&R's with the KYB AGX setup that it seems most people have. Thanks to everyone who posts here for the wonderful info! I'll have some pics up soon and a car domain sight too!

NYC2SD 07-18-2002 09:26 PM

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
maximadave,

At least update the sig pics, to show your new tailights!!!

KLOOGY 07-18-2002 10:59 PM

Yeah Dave. Stop being Lazy and post an update !:laugh:

8702 07-19-2002 01:54 AM

Originally posted by NYC2SD

At least update the sig pics, to show your new tailights!!!

I was thinkin the same thing... I think almost everyone left before the tails were finally swapped. I bet they look sweet, especially with your Majestic Blue and your dark tint.

2k2MerlotSE 07-19-2002 05:17 AM

Re: New Maxima Owner / New org Member!

Originally posted by TonyVQ

Welcome:D