Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   are Floor mats covered by warranty?? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/111974-floor-mats-covered-warranty.html)

Gnstrolv 09-13-2002 09:50 AM

are Floor mats covered by warranty??

I hate my floor mats, I have a '01 with about 14K miles and the drivers side floor mat looks like cr@p...the MAXIMA sticker is falling off and the just looks awful. What do you think?

J-Rod

Maxima Dan 09-13-2002 10:00 AM

Please see discussion on paint. I'm sure you will have the same response from Nissan.:D

jjs 09-13-2002 10:00 AM

Re: are Floor mats covered by warranty??

Originally posted by Gnstrolv
I hate my floor mats, I have a '01 with about 14K miles and the drivers side floor mat looks like cr@p...the MAXIMA sticker is falling off and the just looks awful. What do you think?

J-Rod

Two words for you...

GOOD LUCK!!!

:)

Even if they were, I would imagine they would have only been covered under the 12/12k warranty (and this would have been in a dream world anyway)...

Gnstrolv 09-13-2002 10:06 AM

I knew it...

Originally posted by Maxima Dan
Please see discussion on paint. I'm sure you will have the same response from Nissan.:D
Thanks,
I knew it would be a longshot but I thought maybe someone tried it already.

NYC2SD 09-13-2002 10:35 AM

Its probably considered a "wear item"

kjpierce 09-13-2002 11:03 AM

should of put "clear" mats over the top of them for everyday driving. you can always take them off for the women:D

IceY2K1 09-13-2002 11:47 AM

Same here!

J-Rod

2K1 with 15K Hwy miles(less in and out manuvers).:bawling:

However, you can upgrade to (4)AE mats for around $60, so it's not too bad.:D

Tanman 09-13-2002 12:16 PM

Re: are Floor mats covered by warranty??

J-Rod

Your mats have stickers? On mine, the Maxima logo is embroidered, so it can't "fall off."

IceY2K1 09-13-2002 12:25 PM

Re: Re: are Floor mats covered by warranty??

Originally posted by Tanman

Your mats have stickers? On mine, the Maxima logo is embroidered, so it can't "fall off."

Mine is a cloth patch that has a sticky backside. The sticky part is stuck to the floor mat still fine, but the cloth M A X I M A patch is unraveling and coming off.

Good excuse to get AE mats, but now I have to find some plastic mat covers that don't look ghey.

Gnstrolv 09-13-2002 03:04 PM

Re: Re: are Floor mats covered by warranty??

Originally posted by Tanman

i thought it was a real "embroider job" but the stitching is only done onto the piece of material, and not all the way through the mat, it's a sorry job. thanks for all your help though,

J-Rod