Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Cattman intake? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/131230-cattman-intake.html)

skandalouz 01-03-2003 11:54 AM

Cattman intake?

good/bad? can anyone suggest anything without bias that would be better? thanks.

BigDogJonx 01-03-2003 12:19 PM

Re: Cattman intake?

Originally posted by skandalouz
good/bad? can anyone suggest anything without bias that would be better? thanks.
It is no different than a Place Racing intake rebranded. You can get the Place Racing intake from www.custommaxima.com

I got mine from there and liked it. No problems with it.

Dixit

skandalouz 01-03-2003 12:48 PM

Re: Re: Cattman intake?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

It is no different than a Place Racing intake rebranded. You can get the Place Racing intake from www.custommaxima.com

I got mine from there and liked it. No problems with it.

Dixit

a friend of mine has a cold air intake and ran over a puddle and completely ruined his engine.....will i be ok with the place racing/cattman intake through small puddles/rain/carwash? and if not...is there any way to prevent water from getting into my engine?

BigDogJonx 01-03-2003 01:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

a friend of mine has a cold air intake and ran over a puddle and completely ruined his engine.....will i be ok with the place racing/cattman intake through small puddles/rain/carwash? and if not...is there any way to prevent water from getting into my engine?

You will be fine for sure, reason being is that the filter sits inside the wheel well. Water cant get up there with splash at all. If you drive through 1.5' deep water at say 5mph, then you got a problem for sure with the intake.

Dixit

skandalouz 01-03-2003 02:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

is there any significant difference between the cattman intake and the injen one? if so what?

Sam03 01-03-2003 02:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

While this thread from my other site is not Maxima specific, http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthr...threadid=57246 it gives a nice run-down on what can or can't happen to a CAI, what you can do about protecting your CAI and finally a CAI v WAI's performance via datalogger results on my other car, (EclipseGT).

BigDogJonx 01-03-2003 02:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

is there any significant difference between the cattman intake and the injen one? if so what?
Place Racing (Cattman intake) is a true Cold Air Intake because the filter sits outside the engine bay. The Injen one actually sits right infront of the radiator with more than 1' of its piping within 2"s of the radiator.

Dixit

skandalouz 01-03-2003 11:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

Place Racing (Cattman intake) is a true Cold Air Intake because the filter sits outside the engine bay. The Injen one actually sits right infront of the radiator with more than 1' of its piping within 2"s of the radiator.

Dixit

so the cattman is better?

LatinMax 01-03-2003 11:45 PM

I have the Cattman CAI and I love the way it sound and performs. As for the water problem...just watch for puddles that splash water over the hood. I have had mine for 9 months or so and have not had any problems and it is easy to install.

BigDogJonx 01-04-2003 02:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

so the cattman is better?

I would say so. I like the injen look, but design wise I like the Place Racing.

LatinMax 01-04-2003 09:46 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

I would say so. I like the injen look, but design wise I like the Place Racing.
Hey Dixit...any luck getting your car back from the dealer...or are they going to start making your payments for you/:laugh:

BigDogJonx 01-04-2003 11:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

Originally posted by LatinMax

Hey Dixit...any luck getting your car back from the dealer...or are they going to start making your payments for you/:laugh:

Got it back today and got your "package" out already. Dont have a tracking on it yet. Did it through MailBoxes Etc. One warning, dude put it in a wardrobe box. This aint gonna fit in your car, take it our of there and there will be two smaller boxes in it.

LatinMax 01-04-2003 11:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman intake?

Got it back today and got your "package" out already. Dont have a tracking on it yet. Did it through MailBoxes Etc. One warning, dude put it in a wardrobe box. This aint gonna fit in your car, take it our of there and there will be two smaller boxes in it.

What....you mean the wardrobe box won't add 15 hp?:laugh: :laugh: