5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Removing Door Panels (warning lots of pics)

Old 09-10-2000, 06:22 PM

Here are some pics to help you remove your door if you want to replace your speakers (warning, I am no car expert, but this worked for me):

Here is the front door, pop off the circle thing, you should be able to do this with your hand or a flat head screw driver. Your rear doors will not have these.

Here you can see the scre that is revealed on the front door after removing the circle thing. Remove the screw.

Next you'll need to pop a similar plug out of the handle you use to close your door. This is the same on front and rear doors.

Here you can see the handle with the plug removed.

Next you have to pull the handle up and out of the door.

Here is what the handle cup thing looks like outside of the door.

Next you must remove this trim piece from around the door lever/lock. This part is a little tricky, I was able to pry mine off with a screw driver.

Here is the door without the lever trim and with the handle cup thing removed. Now you just pull on the bottom sections of the door trim. They should pop out and you then slid the door upwards. Be careful as there will be wires connecting your window switch on the trim to the door itself. These wires can be unplugged or you can leave it connected and work around it, your choice.

Here is a view of the door trim. The blue things are the snap in pieces that help to hold the door trim on.

Here is the inside of the door with the trim and speaker removed.

I hope this helps you if you want to swap out your speakers. I plan on getting all this info onto my web page soon. If you are planning on replacing your speakers, check out my comments on this thread if you are planning on replacing your speakers. This will let you know about some of the problems you may experience along the way.
Old 09-11-2000, 12:13 AM

ahhhhhh memories

but also remember not to force anything out, if it doesn't wanna come out and u force it, u'll most likely break it.

to reinstall, i've found it alot easier if you slide the top left edge into the gap inbetween the window and the metal door, slide that corner in and then slide the whole door panel forward and let it down gentally, once it looks like it's in place slap the sucker on so all the clips go in, make sure all the clips are in so you won't get rattles, also check for loose wires, you might wan to e-tape them up to secure them.

Old 09-11-2000, 01:38 AM

Thanks for posting this info - it'll make the job that much easier for the rest of us now that we can visualize what's on the other side of of the panel!