Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Removing Rain-X haze from windshield? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/132255-removing-rain-x-haze-windshield.html)

jnm2kse 01-09-2003 04:54 AM

Removing Rain-X haze from windshield?

I just threw on some new wipers a few days ago. What a difference...I ran out of my windshield wiper fluid and picked up some new stuff at Walmart. Its the orange stuff from Rainx that supposed to put a Rainx protective coat over your windshield everytime you use it. Well it sure did..it smears my windshield like there's no tomorrow!

I should have bought the blue stuff for .75 cents!

What will remove the rainx from my windshield? Vinegar? Plain old Windex? Do I need something stronger? Also do I need to replace the blades I just put on?

It's snowed every night for 9 straight days here!

redhawk 01-09-2003 05:13 AM

Windex should work.

If not, go with the vinegar

][ 35 01-09-2003 09:28 AM

Re: Removing Rain-X haze from windshield?

Originally posted by jnm2kse
I just threw on some new wipers a few days ago. What a difference...I ran out of my windshield wiper fluid and picked up some new stuff at Walmart. Its the orange stuff from Rainx that supposed to put a Rainx protective coat over your windshield everytime you use it. Well it sure did..it smears my windshield like there's no tomorrow!

I should have bought the blue stuff for .75 cents!

What will remove the rainx from my windshield? Vinegar? Plain old Windex? Do I need something stronger? Also do I need to replace the blades I just put on?

It's snowed every night for 9 straight days here!

that sux... so rememeber more expensive don't always mean better.. :D

drsprite 01-09-2003 10:27 AM

I had this problem with my old maxima. Never again will I go with the RainX orange crap. It ended up smearing my windsheild, rendoring it useless! I think maybe alcohol will take it off? Never thought about vinegar. And if I were you I would replace the blades again, or take them back if you just bought them and get exchanges for them. I think the RainX wax sticks to those things... :mad:

I only made this mistake once. I now stick to the $1.75 blue stuff, works great! :)

TimW 01-09-2003 02:02 PM

rainx makes a glass polish, takes out hazing from rainx, tree sap, acid rain, you name it. it works.

Dawgs AE 01-09-2003 02:40 PM

I don't think you will need new wipers. Just clean the edge of the blades with glass cleaner and they will be just fine.

drsprite 01-09-2003 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Dawgs AE
I don't think you will need new wipers. Just clean the edge of the blades with glass cleaner and they will be just fine.
I tried the new wipers route when i did it. The new blades didn't work... I then bought my 2002 max, and gave my 94 to my sister and I know she changed the blades because she thought they were old... :gotme: I would use a cleaner...maybe the one Tim suggested

see5 01-09-2003 06:07 PM

Try Fantastic.

SterlingMist00 01-09-2003 07:53 PM

Isopropyl alcohol will also do good job of cleaning the blades....

woosh 01-09-2003 08:03 PM

ok, I'm a bit confused.

I got the orange rainX fluid because of a another thread, where alot of ppl raved about it. Now it seems you guys are saying its bad.

What's the deal on this? Is this **** good or bad? I still haven't put it in cause I'm too lazy to take the bottle out and empty the other crap in there.

SHIFT_woosh

TimW 01-09-2003 08:25 PM

RainX on a windshield that has buildup already = bad
RainX on a clean windshield = great

RainX polish will prep/clean the windshield properly to reapply

jeff618 04-20-2011 11:58 AM

Sorry to dig-up an old thread but I found a new product that kicks rainx's butt: Trico View Glass Treatment

It really does last 6 months per application and it doesn't haze-up like rainx.

T.One 04-20-2011 03:28 PM

OOOLLLLLDDDD THREAD! good find though. how the hell did you find a thread from 03 anyways?

jeff618 04-25-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by T.One (Post 8019100)
OOOLLLLLDDDD THREAD! good find though. how the hell did you find a thread from 03 anyways?

Just did a search for rainx or aquapel...can't remember. It popped-up, I read...and the rest is history so to speak!! :)

F35-JSF 04-25-2011 11:08 AM

Never had a problem with haze. I'm pretty meticulously when it come to applying it though. It's been worth its weight in gold over the past few days.

Tyutyunnik 04-25-2011 11:35 AM

Been using rain-x for a while now, only applied it once i think and its still working great. Its the stuff in the yellow bottle from walmart. Its good cause I don't even use the wipers most of the time because theres no need, I can see clearly even with the rain on the windshield.

Bassbreaker 04-25-2011 11:41 AM

I've used the yellow rain-X religously and have never had a smear or anything of the like. I also not having to use the wipers but that only really works in speeds of 80km/h and above...or so it seems for me

phatboislim 04-25-2011 11:43 AM

the OP was talking about the rain-x windshield wiper fluid, not the product that you apply onto the windshield

Bassbreaker 04-25-2011 11:47 AM

as was I..lol...the yellow rain-x windshield wash, bought at walmart for $3.97 :)