5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

am i getting screwed by ProCarParts ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 02:35 PM

am i getting screwed by ProCarParts ???

ok here is the story,bear with me please

On Saturday April 26 i win an auction for the Otto Racing Strut Bar for my Maxima, ok i send them the final e-mail about shipping and billing and all that, they dont respond back to me!!!

Then On Tuesday, April 29, i Call them and place my order as if i didnt even win the auction on ebay, the guy said he apologizes for the slow response time( took 4 days since end of auction) , i place my order the guy said 5-7 buisness days for me to get it, and it will be shipped tomorow on April 30.

On April 30 i get 5 that's right 5 identical e-mail from carparts with my confirmation and a UPS tracking number

so i go on UPS Website and track the package and status says, Billing Information Recieved.this was on Wednesday, i check today on Friday, and UPS Website still shows same status.

I call up UPS and ask them what is going on, they say that if they did recieve the package then it owuld have already been scanned and given a delivery date. Fine , i call ProCarParts and ask the lady what is going on, so she says that UPS is lying and that they did send the package on the 30th and UPS picked it up, and that only hting she could do was put a trace on it

The trace will take 8 buisness days, and after the trace goes through the best she can do is send my package to me via 3 day priority mail, and on top of that they cant place the trace till Monday becuase her manager told her they cant do it for some unknown reason on Friday.

ok so i am patient but they way it is looking now is i will not be getting this thing for another 2 weeks, oh she also said she can not refund me my money until the trace goes through

so the question here is am i getting screwed??? and is there anyother place i can get the Otto Racing Front Strut Bar for my 2k2 Max???
Old 05-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: am i getting screwed by ProCarParts ???

Dude... you aren't getting screwed, but welcome to ProCarParts service.

I, too, ordered the OTTO FSTB from them. I received a confirmation from UPS with the tracking number. 4 to 5 days later the tracking information had not changed (info received from billing). I wrote an email to them very candidly asking what the f*ck is up with my shipment. The next day, they sent an email that said "expected delivery is today" quoting the day on the UPS tracking... I wrote back and said "that's nice, however, that was based on if the package was picked up on the same day the billing information was received (which was 5 days prior).

At this point, I checked the UPS tracking and the package had been picked up the night before the email response. Hmmmm. Guess my inquiry email got their attention and someone very quickly put the order in at UPS (like the order was never processed... OOPS!). I wrote another email telling them that I wanted to know what was up... why it took 5 days for my package to be picked up AFTER my ordered was processed (which took 1 day)... because then it would be another 5 days for a UPS delivery. I also told them it is important for me to know this because I intend to pass on this information to the entire Maxima community online. I think this scared them... I received an immediate response stating that they were moving between two warehouses and they apologized that it took a few extra days to fulfill the order.

I received the FSTB and everything was cool... but ProCarParts certainly doesn't get any bonus points for fast service.

Write back to them and tell them the same thing I told them...

and from now on, let's not promote any more business from ProCarParts... and let's openly advertise it as members of the Org.

Maybe then it will get their attention.

-R
Old 05-02-2003, 03:19 PM

ok i sent them a loooooong e-mail..will report to what they will reply
Old 05-02-2003, 03:25 PM

They pulled the same **** with me but I ended up getting my **** 2 months later.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:31 PM
BiggD23

Last month it took my friend over 3 weeks to have clear lenses delivered to him from ProCarParts. It was paid with a credit card immediately upon ordering and the lenses were in stock. Now that's pretty bad.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:59 PM

Procar parts hmmmmmmmmm.

Got my side lights from them off of e-bay and they forgot to put my street address down although in the e-mail they confirmed the right address. It was sent back and I had to place numerous calls. 1 month later the parts arrived. Thats why if you look at there ratings on e-bay they have a lot of negative replys. I got a great price for the parts but the hassle to get the parts was a different story.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what dang i got my strut bar in like 6 days i guess i got lucky
Old 05-02-2003, 06:37 PM
VTEC This!

should get your money back, and buy the custommaxima.com one, its nicer, and comes in more then one color.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:42 PM

Procarparts SUCKS!!!

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX
They pulled the same **** with me but I ended up getting my **** 2 months later.
I was going to buy the bumper lights from them on ebay...won the front and rear sets and paid by paypal...

they refused to deliver to my confirmed paypal address saying that the zip code didnt match the city (no one else has had a problem ...always get bills right on time )

I even went as far as to change my address and them send them asholes a penny to show the new address

and they still would not ship

needless to say I complained to paypal and got my refund......

now i just like to p!ss them off by bidding on **** and never paying for it

yes it's wrong....but my penny was never refunded
Old 05-04-2003, 12:41 PM

Let's make sure that all the other Org members know what to expect from ProCarParts.com

Seriously... it isn't an abnormal expectation to want to have your parts delivered in a timely manner (especially when they are in stock).

_R
Old 05-04-2003, 02:16 PM

I didnt have any problems with them. Won the auction. Got it about 5 days later... Guess sometime u get lucky.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by Fezzik
I didnt have any problems with them. Won the auction. Got it about 5 days later... Guess sometime u get lucky.
Man you did get lucky. I've heard way too many stories like these from others here as well as on other boards. I remember a friend ordering a Short throw shifter and they sent him one for a RHD car....in short, it was real pain to get an exchange..
Old 05-04-2003, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit

Man you did get lucky. I've heard way too many stories like these from others here as well as on other boards. I remember a friend ordering a Short throw shifter and they sent him one for a RHD car....in short, it was real pain to get an exchange..
Very nice Infiniti, dude!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by 255HP_03_SE

Very nice Infiniti, dude!

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by jessa
should get your money back, and buy the custommaxima.com one, its nicer, and comes in more then one color.
SORRY, you are wrong. The otto/Stillen is the nicest bar around.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:35 PM

your infiniti is a real eye catcher!!!!!!!!!!!!! gorgeous!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by ToasterMax
SORRY, you are wrong. The otto/Stillen is the nicest bar around.

he meant to say OTTO OR Stillen... OTTO is $60, Stillen is $170
Old 05-06-2003, 02:54 PM

UPDATE

here is a quick update!!!

so i call them up today, and talk to this guy, Alan, he tells me my order is scheduled to be shipped today. I was like WTF??? the girl i spoke to last week said she would put a trace at UPS t osee if they can track my order, so he sais that there have been shipping problems lately with a lot of their orders. then he put me on hold and ten minutes later, he supposedly went looking for my order and shipping label, then he said that it will go out today and 4 day express mail. I doubt it, but we'll see what happens tomorow when i call them for a tracking number(my bet is it wont be shipped)

eventhough, it would be nice to believe this guy i am kinda sceptical. we'll see what happens
Old 05-06-2003, 09:39 PM

jeepik... nice work.

Keep on 'em! THat's what I had to do... once you get your OTTO, you will LOVE the quality!

_R
Old 05-07-2003, 10:19 AM

update #2

another update

called them right now 1p.m. they told me it is scheduled to go out today, i was like wtf???

i called yesterday and you told me it was gonna go out yesterday, he said for me to call back at 3p.m. when they hsould have a tracking number

if they dont ship it today, i will be talking straight to the manager this time

will post more when i find something out
Old 05-07-2003, 10:36 AM

update # 4

ok sorry for the multiple replies

but i just got an e-mail from them 10 minutes after i posated the previous reply with a tracking number and guess what the status says Billing Information Recieved..so here we go again

i wander what their problem is
Old 05-07-2003, 12:07 PM

I got my FSTB from them very quick.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:16 PM

I won a set of front and rear clears from ProCar Parts on the same day although different auction numbers. I called them and told them about it and asked them to combined the shipping ($10 each auction) and ship them in one box. They flat said NO! and demanded $20 shipping + auction price or they threaten ebay action including neg feedback. Told them to hold while I shift_my n*ts in your mouth...and hung up. Never heard from then again and they took no action. That said, I never deal with them again.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:52 PM

i also got lucky i guess??
i ordered the same otto racing fstb from their site and i got it in 3 days!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 AM

another update

another update

finally they shipped the thing, funny thing is on the ups site it sdays it was shipped yesterday via 3 Day Select and i am supposed to recieve it 5 buisness days from now???

man it never stops
Old 05-09-2003, 09:17 AM

hey... at least you KNOW that you are going to get it now. UPS doesn't lie... that system is pretty cool with the scanning and such for tracking.

Let us know how it looks!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:28 PM

well i finally got it today and installed it you can go on my webpage and check out pics of it, and i will post a seperate thread on it in a minute too
Old 05-13-2003, 07:02 AM

Glad your ordeal is over. Is ProCarParts the only vendor that sells the otto ftsb?
Old 05-13-2003, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Terp2Max
Glad your ordeal is over. Is ProCarParts the only vendor that sells the otto ftsb?
as far as i know procarparts is the only place that sells this bar..believe me if i knew of another place i would not have gone through with them.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:24 PM

You guys are a lot more patient than I. The first time they **** up and don't immediately rectify the problem, I'd have told them to **** off and give me a refund.

I'll be sure not to ever order anything from them.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:12 PM

Tell them not to mess with Maxima.org member

Never mess with maxima.org member, bad reputation will get them no business.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Ludicrous Speed

glad you finally got it.. i remember i got my first set of euro bumper lights in like 2 days from them.. and the superwhite indiglos in 3 days
Old 05-16-2003, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
You guys are a lot more patient than I. The first time they **** up and don't immediately rectify the problem, I'd have told them to **** off and give me a refund.

I'll be sure not to ever order anything from them.
the problem here is i wanted that exact strut bar and at this point it is either buy it from them or spend an extra 130 bucks and get the same bar from Stillen.

at this point they pretty much have the market cornered on an extremely high quality strut bar for a very reasonable price, something which stillen overcharges you for the same bar

believe me if there were other places that carried it i would not even consider procarparts