Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   My '03 auto vs Buddies GS400!!!....what we wanted to know! (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/159114-my-03-auto-vs-buddies-gs400-what-we-wanted-know.html)

slickrick 05-23-2003 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
man I love those GS400/GS430. No matter what you put on Max, it will never get attn like the Lex. I would trade in without a doubt.
exactly. i loved my stepmoms old gs300. but as time goes on im happier i got the max than the gs300. if it was the 400... thats a completely different ball game.

Maximam 05-23-2003 04:34 PM

Originally posted by Young04

yeah, but won't a 2k2 6spd need a properly prepped track to run low 14s as well? i still don't see how one is definitively faster than the other. have you ran or seen any other GS4's run? i'm not trying to flame at all, just in my experience, i've seen what they're capable of.

Absolutely! I have driving experience with the GS400. At the track, in a straight line or on a twisty road. I don't comment on anything without personal experience.

Maximam 05-23-2003 04:37 PM

Re: Re: My '03 auto vs Buddies GS400!!!....what we wanted to know!

Originally posted by adman
So, when did you get another car???

ADMAN

:laugh: Wanna race?;) JK! Had to cash in on the 1.9% and low @ss prices.

The Camaro was just a refinement nightmare!

mjg 05-23-2003 10:10 PM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

nigga..u dunno NY like I do then....Imma show u what da deal is......I've been racin 8 years and got caught 1 time by a state trooper..never again bro (and this was 7 years ago mind you)

I wonder if you were on the LIE when you got caught by these state troopers... A few have z28's and have been known to catch people like you ; ) Anyways, if bloomberg is having people ticketed for sitting on milk crates, i can't imagine what your going to end up with for driving like a nutcase.

BTW I saw that dudes car in the shop, it looks nasty

Burton069 05-23-2003 10:35 PM

Originally posted by mjg
Anyways, if bloomberg is having people ticketed for sitting on milk crates, i can't imagine what your going to end up with for driving like a nutcase.

Smartest thing i've heard all day.

You talking about PCGuru's car?

PCGuRu2K 05-27-2003 06:02 AM

Let's ask this question...

Can a 2K2 beat a Q45? NO
So how can a 2K2 beat a GS400/430 when the GS's are in the same class as the Q45?

They maybe a boat but the torque is crazy which makes them highway monsters.

NT2SHBBY 05-27-2003 06:05 AM

Originally posted by mjg

I wonder if you were on the LIE when you got caught by these state troopers... A few have z28's and have been known to catch people like you ; ) Anyways, if bloomberg is having people ticketed for sitting on milk crates, i can't imagine what your going to end up with for driving like a nutcase.

not me....u'll never see me pulled over ever again...I was pulled over either on the Sagtikos or the Southern State...can't remember which... (7 years ago mind you)

NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!! I got too smart for these cops....

Fuk Bloomberg and NYC......

PCGuRu2K 05-27-2003 06:07 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

not me....u'll never see me pulled over ever again...I was pulled over either on the Sagtikos or the Southern State...can't remember which... (7 years ago mind you)

NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!! I got too smart for these cops....

Fuk Bloomberg and NYC......

You better start knocking on some wood before you jinx yourself :)

NT2SHBBY 05-27-2003 06:16 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

You better start knocking on some wood before you jinx yourself :)

its really not hard to avoid them bro.....if you travel the same roads every day or off and on, cops are predictable...they sit in the same spots at the same times and play the same ****...

the other day I was mergin onto the GCP from Clearview Exp and I saw an opening to hit the long haul to the left lane so I punched it, got it up to about 85-90 when I realized a cop was sittin on the upcoming exit for Union Tpke.....So I brake until I get to about 60 and I coast past him as we catch eyes and he has his radar gun sittin out the window......as soon as I pass him, I punch it again...

as long as u know where the cops are at, have a radar detector and use common sense, u can avoid tickets and still race easily...

Just my $.02

Maximam 05-27-2003 08:28 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Can a 2K2 beat a Q45? NO
So how can a 2K2 beat a GS400/430 when the GS's are in the same class as the Q45?

I beat my buddies Q45 with my 2k1 GLE.:D Over and over again. The kicker is he has the 260hp version of it.:D

As for the GS, he has nothing on me till 85+mph! After 85mph he would start to pull and it would not be pretty in the triple digits.

Dany 05-27-2003 08:56 AM

Originally posted by
PCGuRu2K

Can a 2K2 beat a Q45? NO

I don't think Q45 are that fast. Infinity reported like 5.8sec 0-60 for them and I read many articles that the best many of the could do like mid 6s 0-60.
They probably pretty fast on the highway though same as GS430.

F23A4 05-27-2003 11:29 AM

Originally posted by Maximam

I beat my buddies Q45 with my 2k1 GLE.:D Over and over again. The kicker is he has the 260hp version of it.:D

That 2nd Gen Q45 (with only 266hp/278lb-ft) is relatively weak especially when taken in context to its 3900lb curb weight. The 1st and 3rd Gens are definitely quicker.

As for the GS400, it IS about as quick as the 6sp Max (14.5 sec 1/4 mile ET) but traps @ 98mph and can top out @ 155mph (governed); all this with an auto tranny. IMO, I'd only race one just to see how close I could come; if I won a straight line race, it'd more about the driver than the car. ;)

Peace.