Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Pics and Cost for Titanium Edition Rims? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/213016-pics-cost-titanium-edition-rims.html)

skytower31 03-03-2004 10:05 AM

Pics and Cost for Titanium Edition Rims?

Just wondering if anyone has pics of TE rims on an '03 or similar 5th gen? Can I purchase these from Nissan and how much do they cost? Any other places have these available to buy?

LithiuMax 03-03-2004 10:06 AM

I might have some for sale.. PM me.

s_hinerman 03-03-2004 10:15 AM

If you get some from LithiuMax that is cool. If not the dealer will bend you over on a set of these.
I would suggest salvage yards of even some rim stores take trade ins and might have a set. Your other and possible cheaper option would be to go aftermarket.

housecor 03-03-2004 10:37 AM

Your best bet is to purchase these from an org member who is upgrading. For pics of the wheels, go here: www.innerbean.com/housecor

Also, I can tell you, Lith has a good reputation on the org and is someone you can trust.

skytower31 03-03-2004 11:17 AM

housecor, those are some wicked pics you have! Your TE looks awesome! Do the TE wheels have a bit of a bronze hue to them or are they more like a polished metal? We have a sterling mist '03 and if they have a bronze color to them, I don't think they would look good, but if they were more like plolished metal, I think they would look awesome!

Also, I saw the pics of your PIAA Super Plasma Fogs. They look great! I am going to buy those for mine! Any problems with the wiring harness or melting the housings?

housecor 03-03-2004 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by skytower31
housecor, those are some wicked pics you have! Your TE looks awesome! Do the TE wheels have a bit of a bronze hue to them or are they more like a polished metal? We have a sterling mist '03 and if they have a bronze color to them, I don't think they would look good, but if they were more like plolished metal, I think they would look awesome!

Also, I saw the pics of your PIAA Super Plasma Fogs. They look great! I am going to buy those for mine! Any problems with the wiring harness or melting the housings?

Thanks for the approval! :) I love doing automotive photography.

The wheels don't have a bronze hue. I'm not a wheel finish expert, but I suppose you could describe them as polished metal. The pics are a pretty accurate representation, though I will warn you this: They must be clean to look shiny. Otherwise they look very similar to an alloy. I do think they'd look great on your sterling mist.

looslip 03-03-2004 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by housecor
Thanks for the approval! :) I love doing automotive photography.

The wheels don't have a bronze hue. I'm not a wheel finish expert, but I suppose you could describe them as polished metal. The pics are a pretty accurate representation, though I will warn you this: They must be clean to look shiny. Otherwise they look very similar to an alloy. I do think they'd look great on your sterling mist.

Sweet homepage you got there. What kind of camera do you use?

housecor 03-03-2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by looslip
Sweet homepage you got there. What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks looslip! I use a Canon S30 3 megapixel and a tripod. It is no longer produced and has been replaced with the S50 5 megapixel. Canons generally have great optics, particularly the S series.

LithiuMax 03-03-2004 01:45 PM

Thanks for the good word, housecor.

Everyone that has PM'ed me has been PM'ed back.

housecor 03-03-2004 02:47 PM

Sorry, didn't respond to this point: I've had no problems with melting. :grinno: These bulbs do run hotter than factory, but many orgers are running PIAA 55w fogs with no melting issues. Definately buy from opauto.com. Great price :thumbsup:

skytower31 03-03-2004 02:58 PM

Sounds good, thanks man!

2k3TEMaxSE 03-03-2004 07:07 PM

Try Dave Burnett

Originally Posted by skytower31
Just wondering if anyone has pics of TE rims on an '03 or similar 5th gen? Can I purchase these from Nissan and how much do they cost? Any other places have these available to buy?

Hey - Try Dave B @ South Point Nissan in TX - he's got really good prices on OEM parts - tell him you're from the ORG - his # is 888-254-6060

I had to get new rims for my car - due to an accident - and my body shop got them for about $700 each - but try Dave - he's really good on prices - usually 25-40% cheaper

skytower31 03-03-2004 07:35 PM

$700 per rim???