Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Question about Y-Pipe install (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/218840-question-about-y-pipe-install.html)

2k1seae 03-29-2004 08:18 AM

Question about Y-Pipe install

I finally got my Cattman Y-Pipe from SWA (Shipped from Cattman). I'm still waiting on the B-Pipe, but it's supposed to be here this week. Anyway, there are no install instructions included and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any gotcha's in the install. Are there any special things that I need to be aware of? I've searched the install sticky and been to several sites looking for a write-up, but can't find one. It's Cali Spec BTW. Thanks.
Gail

SoonerFan 03-29-2004 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2k1seae
I finally got my Cattman Y-Pipe from SWA (Shipped from Cattman). I'm still waiting on the B-Pipe, but it's supposed to be here this week. Anyway, there are no install instructions included and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any gotcha's in the install. Are there any special things that I need to be aware of? I've searched the install sticky and been to several sites looking for a write-up, but can't find one. It's Cali Spec BTW. Thanks.
Gail

i have instuctions at home. i could scan and send them to you tonight.

Igor911 03-29-2004 08:34 AM

I did not have instructions either but It was pretty easily understood when you're under the car.

If you have any questions just hollar.

2k1seae 03-29-2004 10:04 AM

soonerfan - I would really appreciate you sending them to me. That would be great. My e-mail address is : the2ofus@teleport.com
Thanks again.
Igor911 - Thanks for the reply and the offer of help. Much appreciated.
Gail

SoonerFan 03-29-2004 10:10 AM

soonerfan - I would really appreciate you sending them to me. That would be great. My e-mail address is : the2ofus@teleport.com
Thanks again.
Igor911 - Thanks for the reply and the offer of help. Much appreciated.
Gail

i just noticed that yours is Cali spec. im pretty sure my intruction are just for Fed spec. i honestly dont know the diffirence, besides the Cali has extra O2 sensors.
unless someone here says that my intructions wont work, then ill send you them tonight.

frankieduxAE 03-29-2004 10:44 AM

the only hard part is putting the cattman ypipe on. you can loosen the front precat but that's a b*tch to do since there are around 6-8 bolts and they're all rusted on.

the front of the ypipe is a slip on so you can't just line it up with the flanges. so instead I just wedged the front part of the ypipe on with the jack and crowbar. took about 5 min. angled extentions are needed to get to some bolts.

it's just a basic bolt on part. nothing fancy. out with the old and in with the new.

03SheerMax 03-29-2004 12:07 PM

Gail

How much did you pay for the B-pipe??

2k1seae 03-29-2004 12:55 PM

I am getting the B-pipe from SouthWest Auto (thru Cattman). This was part of a GD. Check them out for pricing. Mine took a while, but there were some problems with Cattman supplies. Anyway, Steve and Alex were good to work with.

frankieduxAE - I like your choice in cars. lol