5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stupid Guy in Accord thinks he can beat a Maxima......

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 07:43 PM
RBa

A funny thing happened to me on the way home today. I'm just minding my business, cruising along. Then this 95 Accord with Altezzas comes up from behind and pulls next to me, matching my speed. Then he guns it alittle trying to instigate me into racing him. I wasn't in the mood to race since I knew I would kill the Accord so I just ignored him.
We both ended up stopping at the next light. He's reving the whole time until it changes and guns it as soon as it's green. I didn't even bother with him. He pulls up in front and starts blinking his hazards trying to intigate me even more.
Suddenly, another 5thgen comes out of nowhere and passes him. LoL. The Accord tries to catch up but cant. Hahaha..
I kept up with both of them to see if the Accord passes the Max but no luck for him. After about a mile they both stopped at a red light. I ended up stopping behind the Maxima.
I can hear them both reving the whole time. As soon as the light changed, they're both flooring. I tried to keep up to observe everything.
The Accord had no chance. He was murdered by about 2 car lengths. I can see the hazards blinking from the Maxima about 3 car lengths away from me.
I wish I could've seen the look on his face when he lost.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:47 PM

nice
Old 04-03-2001, 07:57 PM

It is a smart for you that you didn't race either of them, but were you speeding when following them?

By the way, what happened to the Altezza?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by RBa
A funny thing happened to me on the way home today. I'm just minding my business, cruising along. Then this 95 Accord with Altezzas comes up from behind and pulls next to me, matching my speed. Then he guns it alittle trying to instigate me into racing him. I wasn't in the mood to race since I knew I would kill the Accord so I just ignored him.
We both ended up stopping at the next light. He's reving the whole time until it changes and guns it as soon as it's green. I didn't even bother with him. He pulls up in front and starts blinking his hazards trying to intigate me even more.
Suddenly, another 5thgen comes out of nowhere and passes him. LoL. The Accord tries to catch up but cant. Hahaha..
I kept up with both of them to see if the Accord passes the Max but no luck for him. After about a mile they both stopped at a red light. I ended up stopping behind the Maxima.
I can hear them both reving the whole time. As soon as the light changed, they're both flooring. I tried to keep up to observe everything.
The Accord had no chance. He was murdered by about 2 car lengths. I can see the hazards blinking from the Maxima about 3 car lengths away from me.
Even the newer ones don't stand a chance rolling start. My Brother-in-law went to Blockbuster last Saturday. He drives a red 2k Accord EX V6 Coupe. He left without me because I came back too late from cruising the strips so I called him on his cell and we met up at Blockbuster. He rented the movie and left. I was behind him and when the lane turned into a 4lane (city street) He signaled out his window to me to get next to him. I get next to him and I rolled down my window. We tells me to "gun it; the one who looses buys the winner pop." I didn't think he was serious. I see him punch his car and I punch mine. He got a head start. I hear the engine rev high so I knew I was in 1st gear (we started out around 25-30mph, I didn't really look at the speedo when we started). In about 1-1.5 seconds I was right next to him. I waved and passed him. The car upshifted to 3rd (70mph) and I slow down. 1-1.5 seconds later he catches up. He rolled down his window and I do, too. He says, "Damn cheater, you have an intake!" LOL I just laughed. But I've beaten him plenty of times before I got the intake

Got me a free can of Mt Dew
Old 04-03-2001, 09:08 PM

both nice victories!!
man accord drivers can be pretty stupid, i as well killed an accord who tried to gun it at the start, i just blew past him, semi-cut him off, and then jetted off leaving him in the dust... sum pple just dunno who they are messin with!
Old 04-03-2001, 09:29 PM

lovesick...nothing was said about any altezza...he said the accord had altezza (euro style) taillights...you know, the kind that come on the is300 and the new f150 lightnings and the new rx300's

btw, i've raced plenty of i4 and v6 accords and killed them all
Old 04-03-2001, 09:32 PM

Bwahahahahah ... the amount of GAS your Car DRANK cost more than the Mountain Dew ... ya should have at least gotten a CASE or like 4 2Litre Bottles! hahahhaha

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Even the newer ones don't stand a chance rolling start. My Brother-in-law went to Blockbuster last Saturday. He drives a red 2k Accord EX V6 Coupe. He left without me because I came back too late from cruising the strips so I called him on his cell and we met up at Blockbuster. He rented the movie and left. I was behind him and when the lane turned into a 4lane (city street) He signaled out his window to me to get next to him. I get next to him and I rolled down my window. We tells me to "gun it; the one who looses buys the winner pop." I didn't think he was serious. I see him punch his car and I punch mine. He got a head start. I hear the engine rev high so I knew I was in 1st gear (we started out around 25-30mph, I didn't really look at the speedo when we started). In about 1-1.5 seconds I was right next to him. I waved and passed him. The car upshifted to 3rd (70mph) and I slow down. 1-1.5 seconds later he catches up. He rolled down his window and I do, too. He says, "Damn cheater, you have an intake!" LOL I just laughed. But I've beaten him plenty of times before I got the intake
Got me a free can of Mt Dew
Old 04-03-2001, 09:34 PM
a33

people do stuff like that!!

i dont know why a lot of people do stuff like that
they try to race even when they know that they dont have a chance.
not to mention my max, once, i was driving my mom's clk 430 and this acura 1.6 el was flloring it cuz he wanted to make a right turn in front and he wanted to pass me....
if i drove a similar car like a civic si, i would understand why he did that, but when i drive a car like that, even the max...
WHY!!!????
Old 04-03-2001, 10:52 PM

my friends noe they will get stomped... hehehe.. hehe but too bad magazines publish the maxima all slow and sh**... one time i saw a maxima published at 8.1 auto.. WOAHHHHHHH
james
Old 04-04-2001, 07:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RBa
I wonder is that other 5th. gen. driver is on this board?

You should have race that Accord too. That way, he get beat by not one, but two Maximas.
Old 04-05-2001, 04:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

waaaaaaaaaaaah....

no one ever wants to race me.... you guys all talk about kills here and there... no one wants to race me!! where do you guys hang out? i wanna gooooo.... the only one i've raced was a 2K Galant and that was no contest.

sux. i wanna race... but no one bites. heck, i was LOOKING for people to race with in NorCal last week... no one.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:23 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: waaaaaaaaaaaah....

Originally posted by areX

no one ever wants to race me.... you guys all talk about kills here and there... no one wants to race me!! where do you guys hang out? i wanna gooooo.... the only one i've raced was a 2K Galant and that was no contest.

sux. i wanna race... but no one bites. heck, i was LOOKING for people to race with in NorCal last week... no one.
Got some here... CalsonicSE, Jane97SE, Turbo95Max, Lyt97SC, enticiveblkmax, Andrew91SE, Brandon90GXE, Evil Yak, mingo, and myself.
Old 04-05-2001, 08:22 AM
RBa

Re: waaaaaaaaaaaah....

If you wanna race than go to the track.... It's much better than street racing....
Old 04-05-2001, 11:39 AM

People thinks I floor the gas every time at a red light when I was just at 2k rpm!

I mean, many cars out there try to tail gate me and thinking I was trying to out run them,. Like a Jeep with 4cylinder engine, tried to pass me and I let him. That guy knows I let him pass me, but he felt happy to be at the front.

I kinda agree that the Maxima's rear is ugly. Except for white. This makes people think that the car doesn't have a good drive train, but in fact, all the torque are friendly at just 2krpm. Car was crusing at 20kmh by letting go of the brake. WHen ever I let go of the brake in the red light, the car just cruises faster than most car's acceleration. I still think the power are best only at high rpm though....
Old 04-05-2001, 12:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

racing, etc...

Got some here... CalsonicSE, Jane97SE, Turbo95Max, Lyt97SC, enticiveblkmax, Andrew91SE, Brandon90GXE, Evil Yak, mingo, and myself.
hrm.... me frightened by your machines... i'm still pretty stockie... waiting to get enough money for a Y-pipe. plus, isn't there a thing about not racing with our same kind? i want to dust those rice rockets, ya know?

If you wanna race than go to the track.... It's much better than street racing....
hmm... that's very true. anyone got any suggestions for a SoCal place? would be fun.
Old 04-05-2001, 01:24 PM

I think that a lot of times people know that they are going to be beaten, they just want to watch our cars in action. I had some guy in a beetle bother me until I just went WOT to get away from him. He gave me a thumbs up as he passed me atthe next light. I know if I see a hot car like a 911turbo or a M3 I will try to get them to take off just so that I can hear their engine sing.
Old 04-05-2001, 02:58 PM

Don't forget that the Maxima has more hp than a v6 accord

i must admit, the 5spd would murder a v6 accord...but the autos aren't that much faster than a v6. BUt, the ex accord is a better deal for the price.

if you compare them by what you get for the price, the accord wins. Like on the ex, sunroof,6disc in dash, traction control, climate control and side airbags are standard. plus the accord has a better resale value.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:00 PM

Re: Don't forget that the Maxima has more hp than a v6 accord

Originally posted by Mugen13
i must admit, the 5spd would murder a v6 accord...but the autos aren't that much faster than a v6. BUt, the ex accord is a better deal for the price.

if you compare them by what you get for the price, the accord wins. Like on the ex, sunroof,6disc in dash, traction control, climate control and side airbags are standard. plus the accord has a better resale value.
You are defending for the Accord, your name is Mugen!
Old 04-05-2001, 03:05 PM

Yes but then you have to remember that with the Maxima's higher price tag, you get more features. Bose 7speaker, Heated seats, Dual power seats(Accord is only driver side), auto feature on sunroof. Split folding rear seats(Accord has a single folding), More HP (The auto Maxima is faster than an auto Accord, look at my post in Page 1), 160mph speedo, 6,550 redline -I'm getting picky here - Bigger and fatter wheels (GLE vs. Ex sedan, SE vs. Ex sedan).
Old 04-05-2001, 03:07 PM

Re: Re: Don't forget that the Maxima has more hp than a v6 accord

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Yes but then you have to remember that with the Maxima's higher price tag, you get more features. Bose 7speaker, Heated seats, Dual power seats(Accord is only driver side), auto feature on sunroof. Split folding rear seats(Accord has a single folding), More HP (The auto Maxima is faster than an auto Accord, look at my post in Page 1), 160mph speedo, 6,550 redline -I'm getting picky here - Bigger and fatter wheels (GLE vs. Ex sedan, SE vs. Ex sedan).
Best of all, the Maxima is made in Japan!
Old 04-05-2001, 04:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I own a '98 EX/V-6 Accord Coupe and my '01 AE Max. The MSRP on my Max with options (Bose package, Meridian, and leather) is about $5K more on the Max and its worth it. The 6-disc changer is not in the dash on the Accord (unless that's a new option) its in the armrest (which is really cool I'll admit) or the trunk...mine's in the armrest. There is actually some real leather on my Max seats while the Accord is not so much. Seats are much stiffer and the passenger doesn't get a power seat on the Accord. Handling on the Accord can't touch the Max. Speed is incomparable. The Maxima engine responds beautifully. The Accord has a jumpy transmission for those of us that like to drive hard. Dash on the Accord is not as sleek. Large, round, bubbly buttons on the Accord dash. No heated seats on the Accord unless you're in Canada and they cost extra (not included in the EX). Spoiler is extra, fog lights are extra. Small back seat in the Accord doesn't cost you a thing... . Bose system in the Max is much more impressive than the system in the EX Accord. Trunk is larger on the Max.

So, Mugen? Are you MugenAccord from the Accord Message Board of old? I used to be on that board in '98 when I first picked up my Accord. I haven't been over there in a while?
Old 04-05-2001, 05:02 PM
RBa

Re: Re: Don't forget that the Maxima has more hp than a v6 accord

Guys!!! It was a 95 EX v-tec engine probably...... Not a current V6. If it was a newer model, I would of raced him. All he had was Altezza lights. No other visible mods plus he was driving kinda wrecklessly...
Old 07-13-2018, 07:14 PM

Maxima is better, period.