5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

polarg bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by alicious
i don't have any shots of my reverse lights, only of the side marker and turning signals.

sleotta - you need the PIAA Xtreme Force Quattro Super LED lights, it's costly but it's serious bright. I don't even know if you can get it here, the only reason why I know about it is because my sister bought me some back from Japan. If your interested let me know
i don't think you ever said what bulbs you've got in your reverse lights.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE=ISELKARS2]
I've got super white 12led, and the look pretty vicious. Check my website for pics

I have a 2002 SE and I tried the 921 sized 9LED bulbs in the reverse light and it was not as bright as the standard bulbs. The 9LEDs look great in the clearance lights up front right over the front turn signals btw. What size bulb (number: 921 or 1157 or 194, for example), and where did you get them, are you using for your reverse lights?
alicious: You mentioned the "super white 12led" but haven't told us where you use them (reverse?) and where you got them. Thanx!
Old 12-01-2004, 06:22 AM
the org...not what it was

Originally Posted by ISELKARS2
alicious: You mentioned the "super white 12led" but haven't told us where you use them (reverse?) and where you got them. Thanx!
I have them in my turning signals, got them from Japan.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 AM

I have them in my turning signals, got them from Japan.
do you have more and if so, for how much?

what's in your reverse lights?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:58 AM

Polarg's look nice in the sidemarkers for a few weeks. They start out looking blue. Then they fade. I know this because I bought my parking light polargs after I put in my sidemarker polargs and there was a huge difference. AT first too the polargs in the parking light matched the HID. Now they are even close and have faded to a white/yellow color. I replaced them all with SuperWhite LEDs which actually make a perfect match to the D2R HID or whatever Hamy had on his Maxima. The LEDs are way brighter than my polargs were though. And the SuperWhite LEDs are all white on the outside and don't make any color when not lit.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonb1982
Polarg's look nice in the sidemarkers for a few weeks. They start out looking blue. Then they fade. I know this because I bought my parking light polargs after I put in my sidemarker polargs and there was a huge difference. AT first too the polargs in the parking light matched the HID. Now they are even close and have faded to a white/yellow color. I replaced them all with SuperWhite LEDs which actually make a perfect match to the D2R HID or whatever Hamy had on his Maxima. The LEDs are way brighter than my polargs were though. And the SuperWhite LEDs are all white on the outside and don't make any color when not lit.
how many LED's in the bulbs your using cause there was a comment on the white 9LED bulbs from superlumination which mentioned that they were not as bright as the polargs. i don't know myself but i want to use them for reverse lights to help see through tint at night.

Also, where did you buy them and for how much?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:00 AM
the org...not what it was

Originally Posted by PTNR
do you have more and if so, for how much?

what's in your reverse lights?
Let me see what I can do, I've got to try and get ahold of my guy in Japan.

Reverse lights are Polarg, again I kinda like the blue illuminating the light housing at least in the back. But Lately it hasn't been that bright at all especially at night and with the tint so i'm probably going to go the LED route, gimme a few to see if I can lock down these LED's
Old 12-01-2004, 11:07 AM

how many LED's in the bulbs your using cause there was a comment on the white 9LED bulbs from superlumination which mentioned that they were not as bright as the polargs. i don't know myself but i want to use them for reverse lights to help see through tint at night.

Also, where did you buy them and for how much?
I'm not sure who said the polargs were brighter than the LEDs but I've found just the opposite. I think the LEDs are 9 in my sidemarkers. They are from autolumination.com and are $6.99 a piece? They are definitely much brighter though than the polargs as now when I drive I can see on the sides of my car. My reverse lights are pretty bright too. But my reverse lights are some-sort of PIAA light. I'm pretty sure though that you can get reverse lights from autolumination.com with 15LED wedge and I imagine they are very bright. Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonb1982
I'm not sure who said the polargs were brighter than the LEDs but I've found just the opposite. I think the LEDs are 9 in my sidemarkers. They are from autolumination.com and are $6.99 a piece? They are definitely much brighter though than the polargs as now when I drive I can see on the sides of my car. My reverse lights are pretty bright too. But my reverse lights are some-sort of PIAA light. I'm pretty sure though that you can get reverse lights from autolumination.com with 15LED wedge and I imagine they are very bright. Hope this helps.
which 15LED? do have have a reference #? would they be focussed or wide angle?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:45 PM

which 15LED? do have have a reference #? would they be focussed or wide angle?
Hey PTNR-the reverse lights are the 921 sized bulb and the only one that SUPERLUMINATION has is the 9LED that is NOT as bright as stock but they do look cool in the clearance lights up front on a 2002 MAX.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ISELKARS2
Hey PTNR-the reverse lights are the 921 sized bulb and the only one that SUPERLUMINATION has is the 9LED that is NOT as bright as stock but they do look cool in the clearance lights up front on a 2002 MAX.
yea i've seen them in the clearance lights and they look really good. thanks for the info on the 9LED. it's what i had heard before. so i guess there is still no real good bright/white for the reverse lights as far as anyone here is concerned. there still seem to be many people searching for the best bulb for the reverse lights.