Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Window motors slowing down (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/264172-window-motors-slowing-down.html)

kpr10is 11-16-2004 11:03 PM

Window motors slowing down

I saw a thread about this a looong time ago but I have never resolved it. I will be putting in an alarm with the window rollup module in a couple months, and the slowness of my windows has been bugging me lately, especially the front passenger. Is there any fix for this? Anyone know how much new window motors cost?

Thanks
Kevin

FanaticMadMax 11-17-2004 01:25 AM

There is a couple of thing that can remedy the problem, One is that you probably need to put some silicone grease on the window glide where the rubber strip between the glass. The other I could think is grease up the pulley cable where the motor pulls the window up and down. If that doesn't solve the problem, well the regulators usually runs around 120 a pop to replace. They are not an easy task to get to the regulator since they are behind glass and a lot of tight spaces in the door panel.

Luquire 11-17-2004 08:12 AM

i have this same problem. my window is getting slower and slower. I need to know just where to get silicone grease

Hind 11-17-2004 12:23 PM

I hate my Windows, always screeching and my front passenger is sloooo slow going up. I have had a 89, and 95 Maxima. All had problems with their windows.

icelandmaxima 11-17-2004 12:32 PM

this thread might help too!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=window+slow

Trep'01 11-17-2004 03:51 PM

Try using a silicone spray (from NAPA) and spray the channel the windows ride in. Do this a couple of times a year.

paralyse 11-17-2004 03:54 PM

Lubing them is a good idea, if you're mechanically capable of pulling the panels -- also, the silicone repels moisture, which can leak down the window run (past the felts) and cause corrosion. Be careful not to spray the motor with anything.

mattattax 11-17-2004 04:56 PM

My windows slowed down noticably after I got my alarm also puts the windows up when it's armed. Could the alarm be causing the slow windows too? Or do you all think it just needs some silicone spray? Will spraying that NAPA silicone spray down the channel with the windows rolled down hurt the motor? Do I need to avoid spraying at the motor---.and how do I avoid it?
That would be a bada$$ mod for someone to have windows that shoot up or shoot down extremely fast. Hmmmmm, anyone?
Thanks ya'll, informative thread.

BLKMAX005SPD 11-17-2004 07:01 PM

How hard is it to take off the door panel to get to the window motor???
because my window is slowing down as well and its starting to bug me

kpr10is 11-17-2004 07:10 PM

BLKMAX it is not hard at all to take off the door panel...then again i take off many per day as i am a car stereo installer, but nonetheless, if you can use a philips head screwdriver, you can take a door panel off

icelandmaxima, thats exactly what i needed, i will be doing the 3 steps that irish44j said in that thread, hopefully that will help a lot.

Thanks
Kevin

PoLo 11-17-2004 07:10 PM

i'll do it this weekend and let people know.
as far as removing the door panel, it's a joke. you need to remove the trim to the door handle then lift up the armrest part and unclip it. clips along the edges, then lift up and out.

MauiMaxima 11-18-2004 12:37 AM

It seems to be a trend on the front passanger window. Mine is slow using the driver controls and it only goes 1/3 of the way down when using the passenger's controls. WTF? I'll try the cleaning but I'm not too sure, could be the motor or the wiring???

Luquire 11-19-2004 08:49 AM

I fixed the window problem for $3.50. I went to autozone and asked for silicone grease and they said they pointed me towards silicone gasket maker. Well obvious that wasnt going to work so i started nosing around in the lubricant area and found all different kinds of grease and synthetic lubricant. Well finally one of the Attendants came up and asked what was i looking for. I told him the whole shmeal about the window and he told me about White Lithium Grease in a spray bottle. Needless to stay i bought it and went straight to my car. Now there is NO screaching and the windows roll up much quicker.
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41741...2ginBBPokfrOiy

Maxima112 11-19-2004 09:09 AM

is there anyway someone can take a pic of where exactly to spray?? thanks. i need to do this as well.

Luquire 11-19-2004 09:14 AM

All i did was spray the front window track. That is the one right behind your side mirror. just aim the bottle into that crack. Roll the window up then back down and spray again. Keep doing this until it stops screaching

FanaticMadMax 11-21-2004 02:04 AM

It's not rocket science. All you need to do is just roll down the window, that rubber groove where the window goes up and down, that's the window track. Just spray it with that straw into the track and then roll your window up and down a few time to get the grease spread out on the track. That should solve the problem

bigtexan7 11-21-2004 09:35 PM

my front passenger window is almost dead too. It's depressing. I'm going to try this and hope it fixes me up too.

stefnee 11-21-2004 09:49 PM

Tint???

Does this affect tint in any way and will this cause you to constantly clean you windows from the grease?

Larrio 11-21-2004 11:50 PM

i believe a grounding kit could also solve some of your problems with the windows. Our cars are getting old and the ground points should be redone for a better connection

pinakbet 11-22-2004 01:17 AM

I've found that after changing my battery, the windows would go up and down like the day i bought it. it's been about a year since, and it's back to the same old same old slow up slow down... dunno, yah maybe ground it better eh?