Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   i got burned (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/28226-i-got-burned.html)

MaxSEAE 04-29-2001 09:09 PM

OK, my friend just bought a new 2001 benz e55....well he bought it a couple of months ago and just finish his brake in. i knew he'd kill me but i went along with it anyhow when he asked me to race. i just wanted to see how close i can come to those things. well, boy did i get burn by him. i was left pretty far behind him at 130 mph, then i just gave up.....afterward, i test drove his car and i must say it's awesome, wish i had that car....too bad 75 grand is way out of my league. those cars handles really nicely but one thing i dun like about it is that it doesn't look sporty at all...they went for lux all the way. i seriously think they should change the exterior and make it nicer.

LoveSick 04-29-2001 09:15 PM

Originally posted by MaxSEAE
OK, my friend just bought a new 2001 benz e55....well he bought it a couple of months ago and just finish his brake in. i knew he'd kill me but i went along with it anyhow when he asked me to race. i just wanted to see how close i can come to those things. well, boy did i get burn by him. i was left pretty far behind him at 130 mph, then i just gave up.....afterward, i test drove his car and i must say it's awesome, wish i had that car....too bad 75 grand is way out of my league. those cars handles really nicely but one thing i dun like about it is that it doesn't look sporty at all...they went for lux all the way. i seriously think they should change the exterior and make it nicer.
Wow, nice kill

......for your friend! :)

Loe max 04-29-2001 09:49 PM

Originally posted by MaxSEAE
Killer sedans. They need a manually transmission or at least a formula F1-type manual transmission similar to the Ferrari 360

Kenneth 04-30-2001 09:12 AM

The 2001 6 cylinder C-class will be faster than you too, stock

Paul6speed 04-30-2001 09:31 AM

Well... it should. The C320 costs nearly 40 grand. The more affordable C240 is a dog.

Originally posted by Kenneth
The 2001 6 cylinder C-class will be faster than you too, stock

NYC2SD 04-30-2001 04:08 PM

Hey, you could buy $5000 worth of mods, beat his a$$, and still be $40,000 ahead.

CoolMax 05-01-2001 07:10 AM

I hope that's a joke.

Originally posted by NYC2SD
Hey, you could buy $5000 worth of mods, beat his a$$, and still be $40,000 ahead.
:)
I could never understand that logic.:gotme: