5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

RSB installed! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 09:04 AM

After months of listening to all of you
rant and rave about the RSB, I finally got around to
installing mine.
Took less than 1 hour and I didn't
have to take the rear wheels off. Instead, I put
the rear up one on ramps.
The difference in handling is significant.
...So thanks guys.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:06 AM
Got Bent?

nice job.... you did it without taking the wheels off? thats impressive...
Old 05-21-2001, 09:10 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I can't work without the wheels off... takes much longer that way.

on the new mod!
Old 05-21-2001, 09:19 AM

you didn't take the wheels off? Do you have very small hands? I had to take them off. Make sure you tighten it well enough, it might be tough to tighten it well enough with the wheels on...
Old 05-21-2001, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by bcannon
you didn't take the wheels off? Do you have very small hands? I had to take them off. Make sure you tighten it well enough, it might be tough to tighten it well enough with the wheels on...
Had to insert the bolt on the passenger side outer bracket before placing.. so required some planning. Also, couldn't use a socket set for the e-brake screw; but not to worry,
everything is PLENTY tight... any tighter and I think the bolt heads will shear off.

Real reason why I didn't take the wheels off is cuz my hydraulic jack decided to leak fluid so it wouldn't raise the car up enough for the stands.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:21 AM

I raised each side with the oem jack and then lowered it down on the stand, same thing for the other side...this two weeks after I broke one of my lock lug nuts...that's a whole other story...
Old 05-21-2001, 03:44 PM

i dont know

Originally posted by jashick
After months of listening to all of you
rant and rave about the RSB, I finally got around to
installing mine.
Took less than 1 hour and I didn't
have to take the rear wheels off. Instead, I put
the rear up one on ramps.
The difference in handling is significant.
...So thanks guys.
I dont trust myself to install ****...
congrats..
i still await for mine....
Roger
Old 05-21-2001, 03:49 PM

Re: i dont know

Originally posted by radpp16

I dont trust myself to install ****...
congrats..
i still await for mine....
Roger
Hehe... I used to think the same way.

Then... I met the on this board (a.k.a. punkdork). He whispers evil thoughts in his posts about what to do next. I cannot resist the temptation. And now, with his new suspension mods, I know I'm in deep trouble.

Everytime my wife see's another mod come in the door, I blame him. It's sooooo convenient.
Old 05-21-2001, 05:21 PM

Re: Re: i dont know

Originally posted by RcticMax

Hehe... I used to think the same way.

Then... I met the on this board (a.k.a. punkdork). He whispers evil thoughts in his posts about what to do next. I cannot resist the temptation. And now, with his new suspension mods, I know I'm in deep trouble.

Everytime my wife see's another mod come in the door, I blame him. It's sooooo convenient.
*whispering* ...springs...

Old 05-21-2001, 07:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: i dont know

Originally posted by punkdork

*whispering* ...springs...

SEE?!!! If you look at the laughing face there, you can almost make out the word "springs".

I tol-u... he da debil.
Old 05-21-2001, 07:44 PM

so what other cars were there? how did you do overall in the slalom test and how did you compare to the other cars (win, lose? i know in stock form, our cars handle quite a bit better than xjr's, but does this guy have upgraded suspension?) so how did you compare?
Old 05-21-2001, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner
so what other cars were there? how did you do overall in the slalom test and how did you compare to the other cars (win, lose? i know in stock form, our cars handle quite a bit better than xjr's, but does this guy have upgraded suspension?) so how did you compare?
I'm going to hook up with Fastcat and make sure I've got the facts and figures of all the cars that were there and then post under a separate thread. He's got a beefed up suspension and I'm not sure our cars are better than the XJ"R" series. They're rare beasts from what I understand. I'll get all his specs and post. He's definitely got some serious horses under that hood, I can tell you that.

In brief, there were about 8 different classes of Jags (all types from classic roadsters, to race modified, to street stock). I was in the open "6" class meaning I was up against anything with 6 cylinders and wasn't a Jag (including a Porsche 911 and a heavily modified Eagle Talon with a SC and Eibachs and a Mustang). I want to get all the open 6 times together so you have a reference point.

In the meantime, here's a pic of Fastcat after he went "off course" and decided to have a little fun while he was out there.

Details soon.

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2001, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by RcticMax

I'm not sure our cars are better than the XJ"R" series. They're rare beasts from what I understand.
yeah, i'm defenitely not comparing our cars to the xjr (even in stock form) as far as acceleration goes...but i drive xjr's almost daily at work and they don't seem to handle amazingly (they are very large cars)...they also don't feel that fast (because they have a flat torque curve)...i am not a huge fan of jags (as adam knows) but i know an xjr will slaughter a max in straight line accel...i'd like to know how they handle...from what i have driven, my max handles better, but i don't get to take them out on slalom courses
Old 05-21-2001, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner

yeah, i'm defenitely not comparing our cars to the xjr (even in stock form) as far as acceleration goes...but i drive xjr's almost daily at work and they don't seem to handle amazingly (they are very large cars)...they also don't feel that fast (because they have a flat torque curve)...i am not a huge fan of jags (as adam knows) but i know an xjr will slaughter a max in straight line accel...i'd like to know how they handle...from what i have driven, my max handles better, but i don't get to take them out on slalom courses
I'll let Fastcat answer to most of that as I just don't have the facts on his specific car (which is definitely modded). But, he's done the slalom before (and even helped setup the course and test it this past weekend) and has more familiarity with it.

This is the first time I've done a course (ever) and definitely the most aggressive I've ever driven before (my left front tire can attest to that!) and I came within .4 seconds of his time. So maybe with a little more practice and a RSB, I'll be able to beat him. I'm sure better "stickers" wouldn't hurt either!