5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 04:58 PM

I am wondering does anyone make a ss cat back for a 5th generation. I see a couple of mufflers, stillen, hks, but no pipes?

Thanks
" "
Old 05-21-2001, 04:58 PM

I am wondering does anyone make a ss cat back for a 5th generation. I see a couple of mufflers, stillen, hks, but no pipes?

Thanks
" "
Old 05-21-2001, 05:04 PM

my cattman is full 304 stainless, but it's not out for sale yet...i think they should be coming out with it in a couple months, but it is kinda pricy...if you want a full 304 stainless steel catback exhaust, it will probably cost over $1k w/ a muffler
Old 05-21-2001, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner
my cattman is full 304 stainless, but it's not out for sale yet...i think they should be coming out with it in a couple months, but it is kinda pricy...if you want a full 304 stainless steel catback exhaust, it will probably cost over $1k w/ a muffler
Looks Good how did you get it?
Old 05-21-2001, 06:15 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Cattman needs a person to prototype his cat-back system.
Old 05-21-2001, 06:16 PM

OOOOO pick me pick me
Old 05-21-2001, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by yongjun
OOOOO pick me pick me

boy, wutchu talkin about. pick me pick me pick me
Old 05-21-2001, 07:08 PM

umm...i already prototyped it...thats whats on my car right now...since i don't have any sound recording devices, phil (desertpearl) next time we meet up i want you to take a sound byte of my exhaust if you can

i will post pics up this week finally of my full exhaust (i'll jack up the car and everything...i may even post pics up of my system if you all are lucky
Old 05-21-2001, 08:43 PM

umm...i already prototyped it...thats whats on my car right now...since i don't have any sound recording devices, phil (desertpearl) next time we meet up i want you to take a sound byte of my exhaust if you can

i will post pics up this week finally of my full exhaust (i'll jack up the car and everything...i may even post pics up of my system if you all are lucky
Hurry
":P"
Old 05-22-2001, 05:58 AM

Call Brian finish your deal...

I have found out that you do have the prototype... But after they finished the job at a discount rate, based on the deal that it was going to be the prototype.
You had to leave and never let them take it off the car to jig.
You also haven't contact them about finishing the arrangement you made. Therefore there is no 5th generation for the rest of us.
It sounds like you might be a bit young and yet to realize the serious nature of your violation of your word.
Do you really need help figuring out your obligation to Brian. This needs to be corrected. Don't let this follow you around call Brian and get your car in there or your reputation will follow you even to Ohio.
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Old 05-22-2001, 01:14 PM

Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Originally posted by Fast Walker

I have found out that you do have the prototype... But after they finished the job at a discount rate, based on the deal that it was going to be the prototype.
You had to leave and never let them take it off the car to jig.
You also haven't contact them about finishing the arrangement you made. Therefore there is no 5th generation for the rest of us.
It sounds like you might be a bit young and yet to realize the serious nature of your violation of your word.
Do you really need help figuring out your obligation to Brian. This needs to be corrected. Don't let this follow you around call Brian and get your car in there or your reputation will follow you even to Ohio.
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Fast Walker, do you really want to start your reputation on the board like this? don't assume things that you don't know...as adam can tell you, i was already an hour late to a meet a bunch of us were going to in order to go to the racetrack...they had my car for 2 days and i figured they had measured it...after brian was out of town for awhile, he emailed me saying that they hadn't taken measurements yet and i told him to let me know when they wanted to take measurements...

and fast walker, you really shouldn't say things like "you might be a bit young and yet to realize..." they had my car for 2 straight days...they worked on my car for a number of hours...i figured they had measured it...brian catts was out of town at the time they did my exhaust and didn't return until 2 weeks later...at this point, he contacted me and told me they didn't measure anything...i have been very busy with school and work lately to measure but i know i made an agreement and i told brian that i will do it at a time that is convenient to both of us...i am probably meeting with him this friday so i will see if there is time to measure...i just finished my last final exam today so now i only have work and no school so i should have quite a bit more free time to go over there

don't say i went against my agreement...i didn't...i have prototyped their rstb and helped with the development of the fstb and i plan on helping with some other things...all i'm saying is don't say things to others that are harsh when you don't know the story
Old 05-22-2001, 01:17 PM

Mr Burner YOU ARE EVIL! You are responsible for the suffering of thousands! If it weren't for you, there'd be no hunger in Africa and we'd have a cure for cancer! Shame on you! Go to be... and NO DESSERT!
Old 05-22-2001, 01:26 PM

ok punk, i'll go to be (if only i knew what that meant)...and btw, nobody is stopping me from dessert
Old 05-22-2001, 01:50 PM

Re: Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Fast Walker, do you really want to start your reputation on the board like this? don't assume things that you don't know...as adam can tell you, i was already an hour late to a meet a bunch of us were going to in order to go to the racetrack...they had my car for 2 days and i figured they had measured it...after brian was out of town for awhile, he emailed me saying that they hadn't taken measurements yet and i told him to let me know when they wanted to take measurements...

and fast walker, you really shouldn't say things like "you might be a bit young and yet to realize..." they had my car for 2 straight days...they worked on my car for a number of hours...i figured they had measured it...brian catts was out of town at the time they did my exhaust and didn't return until 2 weeks later...at this point, he contacted me and told me they didn't measure anything...i have been very busy with school and work lately to measure but i know i made an agreement and i told brian that i will do it at a time that is convenient to both of us...i am probably meeting with him this friday so i will see if there is time to measure...i just finished my last final exam today so now i only have work and no school so i should have quite a bit more free time to go over there

don't say i went against my agreement...i didn't...i have prototyped their rstb and helped with the development of the fstb and i plan on helping with some other things...all i'm saying is don't say things to others that are harsh when you don't know the story
Ok when did this all happen?

How Long ago since the install and today?

You say that you have contacted Brian and you are going there in a few days. Is that what your saying?
Geez My Bad...
I will scream this to all who listen if you have made arangements to get this taken care of.

I was told that you had not as of today.

And I am glad that you are out of school.... But you are young.
It sounds like you were running late for the track and took the car before they were thru....
I hope that you are telling the truth.
I will really be happy to apologize.
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Old 05-22-2001, 03:23 PM
Wustylez

Re: Re: Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Ok when did this all happen?

How Long ago since the install and today?

You say that you have contacted Brian and you are going there in a few days. Is that what your saying?
Geez My Bad...
I will scream this to all who listen if you have made arangements to get this taken care of.

I was told that you had not as of today.

And I am glad that you are out of school.... But you are young.
It sounds like you were running late for the track and took the car before they were thru....
I hope that you are telling the truth.
I will really be happy to apologize.
Best regards,
Fast Walker

Are you associated with Cattman whatsoever???If so, could you please tell all the Cattman engineers to go back to school and learn how to desing better products..or better yet, tell those JIG operators don't slack off and weld some better quality exhaust pipes?

Thank YOu very much!!

Tim

Old 05-22-2001, 04:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Originally posted by Wustylez

Are you associated with Cattman whatsoever???If so, could you please tell all the Cattman engineers to go back to school and learn how to desing better products..or better yet, tell those JIG operators don't slack off and weld some better quality exhaust pipes?

Thank YOu very much!!

Tim
Tim,

Have you had a problem with Cattman products personally?

I will pass on your suggestion.
":>"
Old 05-22-2001, 07:52 PM

i was late for a maxima meet (over an hour late)...i told them exactly when i needed to be out of there...they said they would easily have my car done a couple hours before then...i came back an hour before i was supposed to be at the meet and they were still welding...if i happen to have a life outside of waiting around for my exhaust to get worked on, i'm sorry...i am fine with them measuring it...i don't have anything to lose...i really could care less if everyone on this board got the exhaust (i'm not trying to be an original max here)...

i have emailed brian catts a number of times recently...we are planning on meeting this friday...he said he should have the 5th gen rstb's and fstb's in from taiwan (been waiting about 4 months) so we are going to do a test fitment on those...i told him that we can also measure the exhaust if he doesn't have a ton to do that day

and i did happen to go in to get it measured once a few weeks after it was installed (since i only found out a few weeks after install that they hadn't measured anything)...they said they didn't have time that day because they had a huge brake order they had to fill...i work monday-saturday and went to school (up until today) monday through friday...since i am on summer break now, i will probably have a little more time to do some more prototyping...they are not open on sunday and i had to take a day off of work to get the exhaust done and go down to the maxima meet

and they said the full catback exhaust with muffler should retail for about $1250 or so
Old 05-22-2001, 10:09 PM

Can do! I'll bring my recorder next time we meet. Did your cat-back have a resonator in it? I recall it being a little loud for my taste, which is the same reason I sold my Greddy muffler section to Alex.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:40 PM
Wustylez

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Tim,

Have you had a problem with Cattman products personally?

I will pass on your suggestion.
":>"
OH yeah, big time in fact i just purchased the cattman ss y-pipe and had hard time installing it....read my other posts if you would regarding my problems, i am sure it's not just an individual case, if it is, then Brian was not willing to call it defective part.so bummmer, first time cattman buyer becomes BIG disappointment....

Let's why I am not really excited about cattman's NEW catback for 5th gen..cuz you know they design "try to make it fit" products!!!

Tim

Old 05-22-2001, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by Desert Pearl

Can do! I'll bring my recorder next time we meet. Did your cat-back have a resonator in it? I recall it being a little loud for my taste, which is the same reason I sold my Greddy muffler section to Alex.
yup...a 24" resonator...full 2.5" piping from the cat back to the muffler and a straight through muffler (they packed it and everything)...i will admit that sometimes it is too loud (the only time i hate my exhaust is when i have a girl in the car that i'm trying to talk to)...but it sounds really good (really really deep)...maxrev (cattman's shop) said that it was the nicest sounding exhaust they have ever done on any 6 cylinder car (they usually work on porsches, 300zx, maximas, eclipses, old nissan Z's etc...they didn't tell me this, they told brian this before brian had even heard it...i'm sure that without the y pipe it wouldn't be as loud but it still sounds nice and throaty

i'm meeting with adam this friday and we are both getting our shift ***** and i will go over to maxrev and see if they are too busy to measure

phil, adam and i are going to order our rsb's soon...we can save a bunch on shipping if we all buy them at once...you in? if you know alex's email, let me know because i know he wanted a stillen fstb and rsb awhile back...i'm getting a rsb, adam is getting his y pipe and rsb...we can most likely get a better deal the more we have...let me know if you are interested in a rsb
Old 05-22-2001, 10:47 PM

ok punk, i'll go to be (if only i knew what that meant)...and btw, nobody is stopping me from dessert
go to bed... dork
Old 05-23-2001, 06:03 AM

i was late for a maxima meet (over an hour late)...i told them exactly when i needed to be out of there...they said they would easily have my car done a couple hours before then...i came back an hour before i was supposed to be at the meet and they were still welding...if i happen to have a life outside of waiting around for my exhaust to get worked on, i'm sorry...i am fine with them measuring it...i don't have anything to lose...i really could care less if everyone on this board got the exhaust (i'm not trying to be an original max here)...

i have emailed brian catts a number of times recently...we are planning on meeting this friday...he said he should have the 5th gen rstb's and fstb's in from taiwan (been waiting about 4 months) so we are going to do a test fitment on those...i told him that we can also measure the exhaust if he doesn't have a ton to do that day

and i did happen to go in to get it measured once a few weeks after it was installed (since i only found out a few weeks after install that they hadn't measured anything)...they said they didn't have time that day because they had a huge brake order they had to fill...i work monday-saturday and went to school (up until today) monday through friday...since i am on summer break now, i will probably have a little more time to do some more prototyping...they are not open on sunday and i had to take a day off of work to get the exhaust done and go down to the maxima meet

and they said the full catback exhaust with muffler should retail for about $1250 or so
Mr. Burner,

I am glad to here that you are in contact with Cattman
It seems to me that you are busy and you should not have to take off so they can finish thier work. I have told Brian that you will contact him about bringing the car in on friday for a measurement.
Thank You..... for clearing this up. I will contact Cattman next week as a follow up.
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Old 05-23-2001, 06:16 AM

You better show up Mr. Burner or you're gonna get a time out!!
Old 05-23-2001, 06:58 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by punkdork
You better show up Mr. Burner or you're gonna get a time out!!
And he won't get dessert!
Old 05-23-2001, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by punkdork

The Mojave?
Sure ""
Old 05-23-2001, 07:24 AM

When this gets taken care of I"ll buy him any desert he wants.....
The Mojave?
Old 05-23-2001, 08:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Call Brian finish your deal...

Originally posted by Wustylez

OH yeah, big time in fact i just purchased the cattman ss y-pipe and had hard time installing it....read my other posts if you would regarding my problems, i am sure it's not just an individual case, if it is, then Brian was not willing to call it defective part.so bummmer, first time cattman buyer becomes BIG disappointment....

Let's why I am not really excited about cattman's NEW catback for 5th gen..cuz you know they design "try to make it fit" products!!!

Tim
Tim,
I will find your posts. Sorry to hear about your install.
When did you get your pipe. How is it now? I have the same car as you and my y pipe fit like a glove. It is way lighter than stock and the growl is a nice touch.
Best regards,
Fast Walker