5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

P0507 Idle Control System RPM high ..SOLVED!!!!!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 PM

P0507 Idle Control System RPM high ..SOLVED!!!!!

Hey guys, this is the follow up with the solution to my previous thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=463323

Even though some had to have their ECM's replaced, I didn't.........

here's the follow up from the dealer regarding the P0507 code Idle speed high RPM. They have three procedures to follow:
1. Check PCV hose connection.
2. Check Intake air leak.
3. Replace ECM. ( BTW ECM is warrantied under power train for 70,000miles).

They gave me a huge run around over my Injen Intake, I ended up putting the stock intake back on so they could complete their tests. PITA

They did not replace the ECM, they did a complete reprogram of the ECM ( as they said) and that cleared the trouble.

When I brought it in the first time they wanted to charge me 1 hour labour to tell me the code was P0507 and to bring it back with the stock intake. Needless to say I was pissed , I said I should charge you guys 1 hour labour for giving you guys the code and installing the stock intake as I could gaurantee the trouble wasn't the intake! I happen to play hockey with the Western Canadian field Manager for Nissan so I flashed his card and they they would be hearing from him ( bluffing), the service guy said oh okay we'll wave the labour charge. Anyway after the second visit and the fix a couple of hours were spent they charged me an hour labour for that and I figured that wasn't bad seeing as though the code was gone and the idle was finally back to 600rpm.

On a side note there's a lot of talk regarding intakes and loss of bottom end power, this is just IMO but I will be putting my Injen back on as I noticed minimal loss in bottom end power compared to how I have it now with the stock system but a definite decrease in top end performance with the stock sytem compared. With the Injen at 4,000RPm the thing just takes off. I know there's nothing on paper or documented/dyno'd etc here this is purely by "the seat of my pants feel" and just my opinion, but my personal preference is to have the Injen on! My car came with the Injen, would I buy a new Injen for the gains?...... No, but I would buy a used one under $150. And the sound the Injen makes under WOT!!!! Almost worth it for the sound alone! Please don't start beating me up over this Intake thing, frankly I don't even read the intake threads anymore, it's a debate that will never be settled I just thought I'd throw in my two cents as I've sampled both back to back under the same weather conditions etc and it's is just my 2 cents which is probably only worth that much!! ( that's a Canadian 2 cents which is worth less!!!!)LOL. I hope the P0507 code trouble helps someone else, basically it doesn't have to be an expensive fix and the ECM is under Powertrain warranty.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Hey guys, this is the follow up with the solution to my previous thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=463323

Even though some had to have their ECM's replaced, I didn't.........

here's the follow up from the dealer regarding the P0507 code Idle speed high RPM. They have three procedures to follow:
1. Check PCV hose connection.
2. Check Intake air leak.
3. Replace ECM. ( BTW ECM is warrantied under power train for 70,000miles).

They gave me a huge run around over my Injen Intake, I ended up putting the stock intake back on so they could complete their tests. PITA

They did not replace the ECM, they did a complete reprogram of the ECM ( as they said) and that cleared the trouble.

When I brought it in the first time they wanted to charge me 1 hour labour to tell me the code was P0507 and to bring it back with the stock intake. Needless to say I was pissed , I said I should charge you guys 1 hour labour for giving you guys the code and installing the stock intake as I could gaurantee the trouble wasn't the intake! I happen to play hockey with the Western Canadian field Manager for Nissan so I flashed his card and they they would be hearing from him ( bluffing), the service guy said oh okay we'll wave the labour charge. Anyway after the second visit and the fix a couple of hours were spent they charged me an hour labour for that and I figured that wasn't bad seeing as though the code was gone and the idle was finally back to 600rpm.

On a side note there's a lot of talk regarding intakes and loss of bottom end power, this is just IMO but I will be putting my Injen back on as I noticed minimal loss in bottom end power compared to how I have it now with the stock system but a definite decrease in top end performance with the stock sytem compared. With the Injen at 4,000RPm the thing just takes off. I know there's nothing on paper or documented/dyno'd etc here this is purely by "the seat of my pants feel" and just my opinion, but my personal preference is to have the Injen on! My car came with the Injen, would I buy a new Injen for the gains?...... No, but I would buy a used one under $150. And the sound the Injen makes under WOT!!!! Almost worth it for the sound alone! Please don't start beating me up over this Intake thing, frankly I don't even read the intake threads anymore, it's a debate that will never be settled I just thought I'd throw in my two cents as I've sampled both back to back under the same weather conditions etc and it's is just my 2 cents which is probably only worth that much!! ( that's a Canadian 2 cents which is worth less!!!!)LOL. I hope the P0507 code trouble helps someone else, basically it doesn't have to be an expensive fix and the ECM is under Powertrain warranty.
Glad you got it fixed. But all you had to do was some searching here on the Org and you would have found an ECU flash would have fixed the problem.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:40 PM

Acutally I did do an extensive search and most had the ECM replaced
Old 04-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Acutally I did do an extensive search and most had the ECM replaced
Not me.

vvvvvv
Old 04-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have the exact same problem that you had however, my warranty expired a little while ago.

A friend of mine cleaned my intake shortly after I put on a stillen ram air. I get the error, IACV : P0505 which makes the rpm high and eats a lot of gas. I have actually bought a new Idle Air Control Valve with the entire butterfly assembly from a junk yard. http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...ode=23781-A33B

But after reading your thread and talking to some friends, I think flashing the ECM would probobly fix it.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62kkenI_Ro

this worked for me, after i threw the P0507 code. you have to do this down to a "T"
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Les7311
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62kkenI_Ro

this worked for me, after i threw the P0507 code. you have to do this down to a "T"

You are the man I tried what te guy in the vdeo did ..and boom!! 1/2 year of mind busting gone thanks !!! Steps the guy on the video shows are pretty easy highly recommend trying this before anything . P0507 OWNED

Last edited by cacho787; 02-23-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:45 AM

Not working for me here...I tried all the steps in the video and the MIL does start to blink, and then go solid. After it does that, I wait three seconds, release the accelerator and start the car..the idle appeared to go down but the MIL remains.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same thing is happening to me as Halakar above.

I put in new plugs and cleaned the TB, the collector and the runners.

I've gotten to the flashing about 6x now and then lifted and started the car and the SES keeps coming on....

Can anyone help?

Thanks. Squee

Last edited by Squee; 05-28-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

OK, I did a lengthy search and discovered you have to clear the codes first, -before you attempt the relearn procedure.

Thanks All!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:03 PM

well this is an old thread but I recently dealt with it and solved the issue on my own 2002 auto.

First off you do not need to clear the codes before the re-learn. If you do, you must make sure that the car does not throw the code during the relearn. (So if it is already there it doesnt matter)

My issue was that my idle was around 1000. For the idle relearn to stick you must be within a certain range. (Stupid as the issue is a high idle)

1) Once the car is warmed up, and still running unplug fuel injectors until your RPMs drop to or less then 800(on auto dont know for manual). (I had to unplug 2, The car will be rough and throw some misfire codes)

2) do the relearn procedure during the relearn DO NOT REV the engine, let idle for 10-20 seconds.

3) Shut off engine and reconnect the fuel injectors.

4) Restart car, Idle should be fixed.

5) clear codes