5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Funny you should say about he daytime that they aren't noticable as neither are the LED's, but because I have nothing to physically to compare to I just assumed the DDE's would be brighter.
what I meant by that is that when they are off they aren't noticable at all cuz they are so thin. I would imagine that the LEDs would be noticible in the off position because the ring itself looks thicker. If I turn them on, you can definetly see them even in the day time... reffer to:

or a side profile where you can see them:

and side note: I am not ragging on the LED mod (it's awesome for the price) I'm just trying to stick up for umnitza a little bit because I haven't had any problems with the lights.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Well here's the LED's in the daytime off:

Old 05-13-2006, 09:40 PM

The white looks clean...but the blues more classic...
Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by soundmike
I have the E36 version.

So they fit with no size issues? and do u have close up picks?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:19 PM

Oooohhhh....imagine the possiblities

http://betop-led.en.alibaba.com/offe..._LED_Lamp.html
http://www.lsdiodes.com/shop/index.p...=index&cPath=5
Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Maxima@usa.com

How do I make the projectors look blue? I already changed the H3 low beam to 4300k.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Maxima@usa.com

write back to maxima@usa.com

thanks.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:41 PM

those are amazing. i am getting them w/the next paycheck no doubt. wowww
Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
The Boy Wonder

Ok so how do I wire these to the parking lights?

*edit: nvm searched and got the answer
Old 05-17-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by DesiGLE
Ok so how do I wire these to the parking lights?
Just tap into the courtesy/parking lights in the headlight. I would also use a small amp fuse on the positive side on the ring's power wire for the install.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just installed the whites myself. Took about 4 hours. I used regular super glue. The output is kinda blue though even for the whites. I think I'm going to switch over to the CCFL's. Anyone have any installed pictures of them?
Old 08-05-2006, 06:51 AM

size

im still confused about the ring sizes. on on link it says e46s have different dimensions on this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8059130608

with sizes:

Larger ring dimension approximately 14.5cm and smaller ring dimension approximately 13.2cm

is this too big or something? would seem to fit nice since one of our circles is larger than the other (i assume).

and the e36 have similar sizes for all four, i get that part. i just want to clear this up.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:41 AM
westler92

Here is a re-up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...mZ220012381779

Old 08-05-2006, 08:54 AM

I installed the whites, 3 days later one of the rings went dead, then i tried to re wire it and one of the other rings went dead. My neighbor is an electrical engineer and he helped me wire them so im pretty sure the wiring was alright. Also, there is a landscaping light at lowes home improvement that fits almost perfectly, you just have to cut a few dimples off of it. I'll try to get pics up at some point, i dont have a camera.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:40 PM

yes please some day time pics
Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 AM

So which is the correct size?? E46 or E36
Old 08-08-2006, 01:54 PM

wow those doo look great. u guys think they would fit over the Ebay projectors?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKYMAX
So which is the correct size?? E46 or E36
?????????????????????
Old 08-09-2006, 04:14 PM

I used the E46 rings
Old 08-09-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MaxJag
I used the E46 rings
u got pics???
Old 08-09-2006, 07:25 PM

u got pics???
uhh why don't you look at the first page of this thread...it was started to show what the E46 DDEs look like....hence the title in big bold letters: "Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!"
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
uhh why don't you look at the first page of this thread...it was started to show what the E46 DDEs look like....hence the title in big bold letters: "Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!"

Listen buddy...I was asking MaxJag to post pictures to see how his came out. Pictures of different sources may help me decide, so mind your BI DUN... bold enough??
Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 PM

Listen buddy...I was asking MaxJag to post pictures to see how his came out. Pictures of different sources may help me decide, so mind your BI DUN... bold enough??
LMAO

That is all...
Old 08-10-2006, 03:44 PM

I'll have some pics up soon. Unfortunetely the picture will only have 3 of the 4 rings lit up. All rings worked for about 3 days then one of them went out on me. I'm going to try the CCFLs. The rings I have now are too blue.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MaxJag
I'll have some pics up soon. Unfortunetely the picture will only have 3 of the 4 rings lit up. All rings worked for about 3 days then one of them went out on me. I'm going to try the CCFLs. The rings I have now are too blue.
my rings went out on me as well..it's not a power issue either, as i cut the wire and hooked them up to a different power source...no go

Now I just have some dead rings in my headlights (one of which is falling off on one side)...oh well
Old 08-11-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
my rings went out on me as well..it's not a power issue either, as i cut the wire and hooked them up to a different power source...no go

Now I just have some dead rings in my headlights (one of which is falling off on one side)...oh well
I tried cutting and rewiring as well with no luck, I don't even want my money back. I think they buy me an 07 maxima just for the aggravation. Whats fair is fair. They want me to send them a picture of the rings out...whatever
Old 08-11-2006, 07:44 AM
You embarrass me.

I just received mine, but probably wont be able to install them for a while. Hopefully I wont have any issues. Scared from all these responses you guys are giving though...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 PM

So the rings that are going out, are they the LED's or the CCFL's? It doesn't matter to me really, as I don't feel too sorry for you guys that spent $25 on these and had problems. Yes it sucks, but not as much as spending almost $200 on crappy Umnitza junk and NEVER getting them all to work right for over a week! Right now I have two cracked rings sitting in my headlights. Both of them cracked by themselves weeks after installation. Umnitza has the WORST service ever so I've decided to cut my losses now and not give them another dime.

I'm trying to decide between the LED rings http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8057579707
or the CCFL's http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...mZ220015768314. I'd like to hear from people who've installed the CCFL's and how you like them. I'd really like to know how well they've held up after a few months.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by kbohip
So the rings that are going out, are they the LED's or the CCFL's? It doesn't matter to me really, as I don't feel too sorry for you guys that spent $25 on these and had problems. Yes it sucks, but not as much as spending almost $200 on crappy Umnitza junk and NEVER getting them all to work right for over a week! Right now I have two cracked rings sitting in my headlights. Both of them cracked by themselves weeks after installation. Umnitza has the WORST service ever so I've decided to cut my losses now and not give them another dime.

I'm trying to decide between the LED rings http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8057579707
or the CCFL's http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...mZ220015768314. I'd like to hear from people who've installed the CCFL's and how you like them. I'd really like to know how well they've held up after a few months.
It's been over 4 months now since I installed my cheapo Ebay LED ones, my original thread was posted within a day or two of me installing them, and they've worked 100% so far! I only planned on doing the oven headlight treatment once and so far that's it.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
It's been over 4 months now since I installed my cheapo Ebay LED ones, my original thread was posted within a day or two of me installing them, and they've worked 100% so far! I only planned on doing the oven headlight treatment once and so far that's it.
Must be nice. My headlights have been in the oven at least 4 times each. My passenger side now has condensation in it after a rain or when I wash the car. That's another thing I've got to do now, add more sealant the next time I take them apart. Does anyone here know the best type of sealant to use on these headlights?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:16 PM

Alright. Just bought the LED's. Now I can only hope that the 5th time's the charm!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

I've read very little of your posts...but I'll respond to your comments which are totally off base.

We support all our customers. All the time. No matter what.

However, we are a business and we are not in the habit of supporting everyone and anyone that holds a screw driver in their hands who probably shouldn't be.

Now, we've sold over 300 sets to you Maxima owners, many of whom are on this forum, that would indicate that the product is reliable for the most part - you'll only hear the problems of course but I doubt you've heard of 300 problems.

Our products are designed to work from the start - if you use the wrong glue, if you install it incorrectly, if you flex the ring, if you vibrate the ring, even if you claim you didn't, that's the only explanation that makes a ring fail.

The very first 2 Maximas we've ever done STILL are working, hmm, I wonder why that is? Well, it's because we did the install work. The rings haven't appreciably changed since, therefore, what's the reasoning behind any failures? Hmmm.

That's why, if you call us and are willing to work things out, we've been known to throw extra rings inside boxes to people that legitimately want to work it out. We work hard for our customers, every day. We send out products numbering in the hundreds per week.

All too often, a company let's annoyed customers post their frustration without retort. We don't do that. We work hard for our customers but we don't let unhappy customers sit and wallow.

If you have a legitimate problem, we legitimately want to work it out with you, ALL THE TIME.

These ebay LEDs are all well and good and the 3-4 "people" on here that wish to sully our name are always going to be around, but this post is for people that know that what is written on the internet is often just frustrated emotional speech with very little truth from both sides.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM

Amazing how you'll respond in here in just a matter of hours but when I send you an e-mail it can take days. You know what? I wasn't going to rant about all of the problems I had with you, but since you've now opened the door....I'll start at the beginning.

I originally ordered my set of the Predator Thin lines from you on March 24th. I didn't get them until April 10th, and this was only after I e-mailed you wondering where they were at. They were charged to my debit card right away though, on the 27th of March. I finally received them though and when I got them there were no instructions. No problem, I went to your website to view them but I needed a password to see them. I called Umnitza and got a recording stating you were at some kind of car show. Therefore I had to wait another couple of days to be able to view the instructions.

I installed the first set, but ended up breaking one of the rings during install. Since this was totally my fault I e-mailed you informing you I had broken one and you sent me another for $25 shipped. It took another week but I got that one and installed it. I then had all 4 working, for a week or two. Then another ring just stopped working one day. No cracks and we hadn't had any rain and I hadn't washed the car in the meantime. It was obviously a faulty part so I e-mailed you again. I can't remember how much you charged me that time for it, but I believe it was only for shipping, once again, fair enough. The only problem is, after waiting yet another week for that one to come in, it arrived broken. Another e-mail and $5 and you shipped another one out. That one came in quicker, I think only in a few days.

After I got that one installed, all the rings worked perfect for another couple of weeks. Then one day I noticed that a ring on the passenger's side high beam had cracked. My guess is that the rings are so fragile, they can't even hold up to the normal expansion and contraction of heat during the day and cooling off at night. Maybe this is because I'm not in temperate Southern California, I don't know. Sure enough, about a month later another ring, this time on the driver's side low beam, cracked. As it sits now I have only 2 working rings left.

I noticed you said the first two Maxima's that you installed the lights on are still holding up, inferring that these rings should only be installed by your shop. Why then do you sell these to the do-it-yourselfer? I really don't know how I could have been more careful installing these and trying to get them to fit right. I've built literally hundreds of computers, handled as many cpus, video cards, and other delicate equipment, and never had a problem. Not once.

The DDE's looked awesome for the few days that they all worked, but they are just WAY too fragile for an automotive application. Sure the Ebay LED's probably won't look as nice as your product, but at least they'll hold up better in the long run, as their protected by a plastic ring around them and the huge bonus is the whole set costs the same as only one of your rings.

My advice to anyone here that's thinking about buying a set from Umnitza. Make sure to use your credit card to buy them, because if something goes wrong, you'll have some recourse. I used my debit card so I'm out over $180, not too mention the damage I've done to my headlights after taking them apart so many times.

Oh and btw, if you have a spot on your website for rating one of your products, negative reviews can and will pop up from time to time. Your practice of CHANGING the negatives to positives and what was said in them is completely dishonest but I guess it's to be expected by your company.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

So, let's see if I can summarize - because I do want to help, but your "sucks" comments appear to be entirely off base - your comments which appear to be very thoughtful.

Product purchased and received the product 2 weeks from the day of order.
Product replacement received 1 week from date of order
Second product replacement received 2 days from date of order.
Charges of no more than $5 each time to cover shipping but no fault assigned to installation and rings were free ($35 for the large ring is average cost).
2 Rings broken after DIY install.

I'm not sure how we can be more responsive than we have been on your order by not charging you for product that broken after the installation.

yes, it takes some time to respond to the hundreds of inquiries we get daily, no there is no priority other than first come first served.

I'm sorry your situation dictated that you are without a product that you wanted - which it appears you clearly liked. Perhaps it's the glue you used (we have that all the time, everyone thinks they have found a better glue than ours, they learn the hard way, the glues out there set hard as cement and ruin rings).

Our products are beyond automotive application quality, they are racetrack proven...full race seasons!

PS: as to our reviews, you must keep a more watchful eye over them than we do, because we've only seen positives and the negatives are usually voiced on forums.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 PM

I spent $35 on the ebay rings, I would rather buy 5 sets of them than deal with the pompous and arrogant customer service at umnitza. I asked them for a few differences between LED and umnitzas, and they replied with sarcasm and something just this side of spite.

"Our products are designed to work from the start - if you use the wrong glue, if you install it incorrectly, if you flex the ring, if you vibrate the ring, even if you claim you didn't, that's the only explanation that makes a ring fail."-Umnitza

Apparently Umnitza has a zero, thats right, zero percent rate of error when making products. WOW!

How about in the FAQs about installing? I took the liberty of pasting an excerpt here:

"Who can install?: ALL. "

(Don't take my word for it, http://www.umnitza.com/information.p...4c64&info_id=6)

"However, we are a business and we are not in the habit of supporting everyone and anyone that holds a screw driver in their hands who probably shouldn't be." -Umnitza

Maybe it's supposed to say "ALL..., except those who shouldn't be holding a screw driver." I searched, but failed to find a definition of "all" that doesn't include everything and/or everyone.

And finally:
"The very first 2 Maximas we've ever done STILL are working, hmm, I wonder why that is? Well, it's because we did the install work. The rings haven't appreciably changed since, therefore, what's the reasoning behind any failures? Hmmm." - Umnitza

All two sets still work?! Why not say "umnitza only" instead of "ALL" under who can install?

Even if the product were always 100% perfect all the time as claimed, I wouldn't want to buy anything from anyone who blatantly contradicts themself and replies to customers with insults and the maturity of an 8 year old bully.

One other thing:

"Our products are beyond automotive application quality, they are racetrack proven"- Umnitza

Here's a small list of things you most likely will not find on a racetrack:
Snow, potholes, traffic lights, gravel, speed bumps, standing water... etc...

The fact that they are "racetrack proven" doesn't mean that much in my humble opinion
Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza
So, let's see if I can summarize - because I do want to help, but your "sucks" comments appear to be entirely off base - your comments which appear to be very thoughtful.
I never said your product "sucks". I DID say that it's WAY too fragile for an automotive application. Let's face it, you say that vibration can damage these? Moisture is no good either? These are designed for cars that get driven on public roads and you say that vibration kills them?

Product purchased and received the product 2 weeks from the day of order.
Product replacement received 1 week from date of order
Second product replacement received 2 days from date of order.
Charges of no more than $5 each time to cover shipping but no fault assigned to installation and rings were free ($35 for the large ring is average cost).
2 Rings broken after DIY install.

I'm not sure how we can be more responsive than we have been on your order by not charging you for product that broken after the installation.
Like I said before, the one ring I DID break while installing, it was my fault. I paid $25 to replace that one though. I don't consider a ring that stops working or breaks long after it's been installed in my headlight to be my fault. 1 has burned out and two others cracked weeks after installation inside the headlight. Why should I be happy to shell out another $25-35 every month as another ring breaks from vibration, heat, cold, moisture, etc.? This is your way of doing me a favor? I'm already out over $180. That was enough for me to get off this train.

yes, it takes some time to respond to the hundreds of inquiries we get daily, no there is no priority other than first come first served.
Yet you respond here almost instantly.

I'm sorry your situation dictated that you are without a product that you wanted - which it appears you clearly liked. Perhaps it's the glue you used (we have that all the time, everyone thinks they have found a better glue than ours, they learn the hard way, the glues out there set hard as cement and ruin rings).

Our products are beyond automotive application quality, they are racetrack proven...full race seasons!
Ah, now it's the glue. I see. Here's an idea! Send out a tube of this special "race proven" glue of your's with every order of your DDE's. It says a lot about you that you know a problem exists but you don't care to fix it.

PS: as to our reviews, you must keep a more watchful eye over them than we do, because we've only seen positives and the negatives are usually voiced on forums.
This is an absolute total lie. I left a slightly negative review on your site about the rings being too fragile, this was after I first installed them and got them all working. The very next day my 4 star review became a 5 star review. Not only that, but you changed everything I said about the product to make it seem like they were the best thing since women! Some review section!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:35 PM

Umnitza rings on my car for over a year without one problem. Maybe it's the installer.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 AM

i've had mine for about 1.5 years

and they are awesome, still look as good as the day i bought them
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 AM
the org...not what it was

subscribing...
Old 08-26-2006, 12:51 PM

Anyone try out the CCFL version of these angel eyes ??

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!