Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Itchy mod finger...ne suggestions? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/37348-itchy-mod-finger-ne-suggestions.html)

Extremax 06-29-2001 11:17 AM

OK are we still boycotting Stillen? If not what should I be paying for an FSTB? and from where?

I may just get the Saddleman CHP first...
But I want a suspension mod...
I have to look up the part number for the K&N drop in filter...
Man these smilies are really getting inside my head.
:vampire:
What should I do and how much will it cost? I only have about $100 that was supposed to be for my phone bill...
But I don't need to talk to nobody for a while...
Except my psychologist... j/k
I'll go watch "Fast & Furious" and clear my head of these modding dreams.

djmaxski 06-29-2001 11:22 AM

Well, if you still don't like Stillen, I think the Courtesy FSTB works just as well.... I'm looking for one too, but have yet to decide on whether to spend the money at $tealin or to get the Courtesy...

DenMax 06-29-2001 11:22 AM

Courtesy FSTB $89

Yeah, at least I'm boycotting until I need to buy my RSB.

Originally posted by Extremax
OK are we still boycotting Stillen? If not what should I be paying for an FSTB? and from where?

I may just get the Saddleman CHP first...
But I want a suspension mod...
I have to look up the part number for the K&N drop in filter...
Man these smilies are really getting inside my head.
:vampire:
What should I do and how much will it cost? I only have about $100 that was supposed to be for my phone bill...
But I don't need to talk to nobody for a while...
Except my psychologist... j/k

UMD_MaxSE 06-29-2001 12:06 PM

For a $100 you have a few options:

*FSTB from Courtesy
*K&N drop in plus OSCAI (I don't remember the part # but get the on that ends in -2)
*some better headlights/fogs

depending on what you want to improve first, get that item...

footemps 06-29-2001 12:30 PM

Darn...Only $100? If that's the case get a full suspention custumization by me. J/K

fnkmaster 06-29-2001 01:26 PM

Cattman FSTB = $65. looks oem though if ur interested in looks.

fnkmaster 06-29-2001 01:32 PM

dang! my bad... those for only fer 4th gens. sorry!

MrBurner 06-29-2001 05:24 PM

i just put in my place racing cai so i'll sell you all the parts you need for the oscai and the k&n drop in for like $30 plus shipping...you will be paying about 65 new for everything you need for the oscai including the k&n...let me know

sleepermax 06-29-2001 05:31 PM

This is kinda out of left field but to be honest after my OSCAI I found the B-pipe to be the best performance mod and bang for the buck. If you've ever seen the huge crimp right before the resonator and a smaller crimp after it you'll see what I mean. I went to a local muffler shop and got mine done for about $68 bucks. For handling, the courtesy FTSB is a great buy under $100. Looks - ZAINO!

mbcp_tdogg 06-30-2001 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Extremax

For $100, Courtesy FSTB or Burner's OSCAI kit, or bulbs, or AE accessories sound like good bets. All you're going to be inspired to do after watching F&F will definitely cost more than $100(**cough**NOS**cough**)...unless you're thinking of putting mad stickers on your Max. :laugh: Good luck. :)

MaDxKiLLa 06-30-2001 05:51 PM

what happened wid stillen?

2000 SE 06-30-2001 05:54 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner
i just put in my place racing cai so i'll sell you all the parts you need for the oscai and the k&n drop in for like $30 plus shipping...you will be paying about 65 new for everything you need for the oscai including the k&n...let me know
How much of a difference did you notice with the place racing cai? If it was not very noticable, I will buy your oscai and K&N from you. How hard is it to install?

MrBurner 06-30-2001 06:11 PM

Originally posted by 2000 SE

How much of a difference did you notice with the place racing cai? If it was not very noticable, I will buy your oscai and K&N from you. How hard is it to install?

the oscai takes 10 minutes including putting the k&n filter in...i noticed a slight difference w/ my place racing cai but the install on the pr cai took 4 hours...the oscai doesnt really make the engine too much louder but the cai makes it quite a bit louder and it makes loud sucking noises at startup (sounds like a turbo whine when i'm driving)...let me know

2000 SE 06-30-2001 06:57 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner

the oscai takes 10 minutes including putting the k&n filter in...i noticed a slight difference w/ my place racing cai but the install on the pr cai took 4 hours...the oscai doesnt really make the engine too much louder but the cai makes it quite a bit louder and it makes loud sucking noises at startup (sounds like a turbo whine when i'm driving)...let me know

Really, you can install that in 10 minutes? I have heard it takes longer than that! What time are you available tomorrow to do that? How much of a morning person are ya?

MrBurner 06-30-2001 10:31 PM

Originally posted by 2000 SE

Really, you can install that in 10 minutes? I have heard it takes longer than that! What time are you available tomorrow to do that? How much of a morning person are ya?

we can do that tonight if you want...give me a call on my cell at 602-690-7322 up until 1 am or so tonight...i am not a morning person at all so if we did that tomorrow, it would have to be around lunch time...i'm busy tomorrow night so it would have to be sometime during the day

2000MaximaSE 07-01-2001 01:03 AM

Yea!! install day... Hey zach and 2000se... we should cut out a hole in the splash guard and cover it in mesh like my car... Ohh and zach remember i gave you that oscai your selling now??...... Just pass it on for free and only charge for the k&n.. share the wealth

Adam