Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   So who loves thier max BUT still wants a diff vehical? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/377586-so-who-loves-thier-max-but-still-wants-diff-vehical.html)

MyBlue02 12-10-2006 06:21 PM

So who loves thier max BUT still wants a diff vehical?

i love the max alot...but i just can't seem to get the idea of a new nismo frontier out of my head.

i just bought a house and have big plans as far as "remodeling" and don't really feel like always borrowing my uncles diesel f250...i'd like my own.

the max is one of the best cars i have every owned as far as a family sedan withh balls thats fun to drive, but my comute is about a mile or so so i really don't get to DRIVE the maxima till the weeked and even then i rarly get to OPEN it up.

this sucks...the truck seems so much more pratical right now its scary (and yes i want the locking rear and skids + a 6speed...i will take it offroad playing just like i did in my jeep)

anyone else get like this?

irish44j 12-10-2006 06:26 PM

um...the question should be, who DOESN'T want another vehicle? I mean, the maxima is nice and all for a daily driver, but I doubt there is anyone on here who wouldn't rather have something higher-end, faster, nicer, etc.

I'll answer your question:
98% of org'ers want a Skyline, Bandwagon, or 350Z

Personally, I could go for a Volvo C30, Lotus Elise, BMW 335i or M5, Subie Legacy GT if it came in a 6MT, Range Rover HSE, Mazdaspeed 3, Lancia Delta Evo, or any number of other sweet cars.

But you gotta crawl before you can walk ;) For now, the maxima is acceptable.

silvermax2k2 12-10-2006 06:32 PM

:sprint:

No matter what you own, there will always be a better, faster, nicer car/truck/suv out there, and it is just normal to want it - if you can afford it, then go for it. :)

Originally Posted by irish44j
um...the question should be, who DOESN'T want another vehicle? I mean, the maxima is nice and all for a daily driver, but I doubt there is anyone on here who wouldn't rather have something higher-end, faster, nicer, etc.

Personally, I could go for a Volvo C30, Lotus Elise, BMW 335i or M5, Subie Legacy GT if it came in a 6MT, Range Rover HSE, Mazdaspeed 3, Lancia Delta Evo, or any number of other sweet cars.

duderiffic 12-10-2006 06:51 PM

I just bought my Maxi, I'm sure there's a wealth of other vehicles I'd like...

I was comparing: '05-'06 G35, '03-'04 MBZ E500, '02-'03 BMW 745Li, 1999-2002 Lexus GS300/400s, 02-03 Acura TLs, heck even the '02-'03 Q45 made it into the long list. The Maxi won me over with the least guilt factor because it's so cheap and still has a large backseat. The only cars in that list that had a bigger backseat were the Q45 and the 745Li, which are about two and three times as much money respectively.

I hope me and the Maxi will at least get a year or two of fun before it's time to upgrade. :D

oldmanshirt 12-10-2006 07:06 PM

When I was nursing my '94 Legacy wagon through college (sold with 190k on the clock), the Max was at the top of my list of aspirational vehicles. Now that I have one, I wouldn't say it's been a disappointment, but when I consider that for the money I spent I could get a one year old Mazda3 2.3 or an old MazdaSpeed Protege' or an 00-03 Acura TL or maybe even a 99-?? Lexus GS or WRX Impreza, I do sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have weighed my options more.

But don't fool yourself, the Max does offer the best combination of ride/handling/room/speed/looks/features/comfort/price of just about any car out there. On the inevitable day I trade mine for a vehicle that compromises in one or more those areas, I know I'll miss her :sadwavey:

LA02MAX 12-10-2006 07:23 PM

holy crap took the words right out of my head...i was thinking the exact same thing before the thread even opened... :werd:

irish44j 12-10-2006 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by oldmanshirt
but when I consider that for the money I spent I could get a one year old Mazda3 2.3 :

I have both the 00 Max and my wife's 04 Mazda3s 2.3. dont' get me wrong, the Mazda is fun to drive. but in terms of features, power, comfort, and overall "feel" I enjoy driving the maxima FAR more than the Mazda. The 3 is a fun autocross car, but I don't think i'd enjoy it as my primary car.

Trurida18 12-10-2006 07:40 PM

yea i agree.........M5 for me, but like you said U GOTTA CRAWL Before you walk. Im only 20 and this is my first real "CAR" buy.

xlcrew 12-10-2006 08:52 PM

the cars i would like to have are an 2002 or 2003 sentra with a VQ35 swap and nitrous, and i would love to have an 03-04 cobra with a ported eaton supporting mods and nitrous. but for now i have max with spray and it's fun and practical since i do have a son i have to drive around every now and again. after he grows up a little bit i'll probably find me a cobra to build.

SEmy2K2go 12-10-2006 09:11 PM

I have no intentions of my next car being anything close to this car. For me, I'd rather get something completely different, so I'm looking at the Toyota FJ Cruisers :nervous: It'll probably be at least another year, but that's the front-runner for me.

AceofSpds 12-10-2006 09:30 PM

I like the max but im craving a sports car, not a sports sedan or a luxury sport... SPORTS CAR that is well much more appealing to a 17yr old... basically i want something i can have fun with, the maxima is kinda bland exept for the roaring VQ... i just hate the fact i have an auto... not really into the g35, 350z, vettes, and mustangs. Older cars are allot cooler IMHO

hayai240sx 12-10-2006 11:47 PM

When I become a CFO, all I want is a NSX with a turbo kit:king: . JGTC NSX FTW:ben: !!!!

MacAlert 12-11-2006 06:44 AM

I would love a Subaru WRX STi.

NmexMAX 12-11-2006 06:48 AM

Ahhh, the dream thread.... :mrgone:

jkayca 12-11-2006 06:50 AM

Saving up for a Lexus IS350. I love the max but I want a smaller more nimble car.

Gennady7 12-11-2006 08:25 AM

Love my max, but I feel that my max is contributing to the ozone destruction and therfor I want a hybrid and I am willing to leave power and features just to make a difference. I was looking at the honda hybrid line-up, wont be surprised if i get a civic hybrid 1.3L. If the electric lotus comes to america soon, might get it if money is good.

2002 Maxima SE 12-11-2006 08:56 AM

Would like to replace it in the next few years with one of the following:

G35S
RX-8
Legacy SpecB

ICEMAN76 12-11-2006 09:44 AM

Just like Irish and LAO2 said, everyone always wants something bigger and better. Me personally, I could go for getting an M5. I have liked them since I lived in Germany back in 2000-2003. Just a beautiful car IMO. Or maybe even the 2007 Volvo S80 that is coming out soon. It will have a V8 under the hood. And all the extra options that it can come with. I'm not really a 2-door kinda guy. I like to rock the family car that can haul butt. Somewhat of a sleeper. Not too many people know of the MAXIMA and what she can do, until someone turns them on to it, or blows their doors off.

NmexMAX 12-11-2006 09:57 AM

What's a vehical?

Anuj 12-11-2006 09:59 AM

What will replace the 02 Maxima? hmm.. probably G35 Sedan or less. Anything over the G35 Sedan is really not needed (for me) since it offers everything. If I had unlimited money, I wouldn't know which midsized sedan to get. I can't get a RS6 or E55 AMG because that is what my sports car is for. ;)

reeloop 12-11-2006 10:03 AM

94 RX-7 with an engine swap

something with boost in couple of years, the mattie plate for the 3.5 if that ever happens ?

I'm very satisfied with my maxipad at the moment

808MAX-SPEC 12-11-2006 11:02 AM

The Infiniti M45 is at the top of my short list.

Zero Deuce SE 12-11-2006 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MyBlue02
i love the max alot...but i just can't seem to get the idea of a new nismo frontier out of my head.

i just bought a house and have big plans as far as "remodeling" and don't really feel like always borrowing my uncles diesel f250...i'd like my own.

the max is one of the best cars i have every owned as far as a family sedan withh balls thats fun to drive, but my comute is about a mile or so so i really don't get to DRIVE the maxima till the weeked and even then i rarly get to OPEN it up.

this sucks...the truck seems so much more pratical right now its scary (and yes i want the locking rear and skids + a 6speed...i will take it offroad playing just like i did in my jeep)

anyone else get like this?

I wanted another vehicle so I went out and bought a new Frontier LE in July. It replaced my 95 Hardbody. The truck is as much fun to drive as the Max. It has the VQ40DE engine and has plenty of power.

diymaximakid 12-11-2006 03:09 PM

Pagoni Zonda F Roadster.

Shinjiduo 12-11-2006 03:24 PM

Sad fact is no matter what I get their will always be some else that I want but if I was to break it down to one car, definitely a Maseratti Quattroporte. Luxury, speed, first rate interior and a cantankerous sequental tiptronic semi-manual/automatic transmission you can't beat that.:drool1:.

steves01max 12-11-2006 04:15 PM

Sign me up for the new Benz S550. I still wanna keep my max tho..

oldmanshirt 12-11-2006 04:20 PM

Well if this is going to get into the realm of fantasy, in my opinion the most perfect vehicle ever made is the Mercedes E63 AMG wagon

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1126/e63wagonjf5.jpg

Faster than a Vette, holds more cargo than a BMW X5, the cops will ignore you and Porsche 911 drivers will stare in shock as your kids wave from the rear facing third row seats.

Zero Deuce SE 12-11-2006 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by steves01max
Sign me up for the new Benz S550. I still wanna keep my max tho..

I thought we were keeping the Max and getting something else to go along with it. I don't want to give up my Max.
:calder: :calder:

CoolMax 12-11-2006 04:35 PM

What "Other Cars" would I want? Most likely one of the bandwagons or Acura TL. Although there is that itch for a truck/jeep.:hide:

rmd0311 12-11-2006 07:10 PM

Well., Unfortunately money is always an issue. I would definitely be well served with a Toyota Tacoma Double Cab... I rent or borrow trucks alot. I just don't see myself actually buying one. Useful, YES... Just can't see myself driving down to the Bronx, in the curvy Taconic in a TRUCK.

eyecon7 12-11-2006 07:46 PM

I want to keep the max and buy another car.... maybe EVO... Love the max...... have had to many compliments

Cdoc 12-11-2006 08:17 PM

If I were to buy a new car right now it would be a Camry. They have more hp and look better than the new Maxima's (and there's better reliability too). I've learned that the best car is one that isn't in the shop. I'd rather have the extra $ invested in something besides a depreciating car.

I'm really not too interested in anything more exotic unless it is an extra car.

doc2278 12-11-2006 08:21 PM

2006 opel GT w/ turbo 260hp:werd:

but still keeping the max regardless

Anuj 12-11-2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by doc2278
2006 opel GT w/ turbo 260hp:werd:

but still keeping the max regardless

s2000 > saturn sky redline

Zero Deuce SE 12-12-2006 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by rmd0311
Well., Unfortunately money is always an issue. I would definitely be well served with a Toyota Tacoma Double Cab... I rent or borrow trucks alot. I just don't see myself actually buying one. Useful, YES... Just can't see myself driving down to the Bronx, in the curvy Taconic in a TRUCK.

The new ones have composite (plastic) beds and tie down cleats. Not very effective if you want to haul something heavy and secure it to the bed.

MyBlue02 12-12-2006 05:19 AM

WOW...this thread kinda ranaway...

i'm not dreaming about a truck...i'm testdriving them and am extremly interestested in trading in hte max for the nismo....

if you want to go dream cars

saleen s7 twin turbo just for the braging rights
prolly a range rover for the daily duty
and a E46 m3 for the fun car (can't really drive the S7 on normal streets with trafic)

Anuj 12-12-2006 07:34 AM

^ people are being more realistic rather than dreaming

For me the next logical car of choice is either the NSX, Porsche 911 Turbo (996), or Elise.

IllegalMax 12-12-2006 07:55 AM

im not planing on getting rid of my maxima but in the future i would like to get a 350z.

00MaxSE 12-12-2006 09:55 AM

Hmm...this thread would look lovely in the Other Cars thread. :nervous:

CoolMax 12-12-2006 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 00MaxSE
Hmm...this thread would look lovely in the Other Cars thread. :nervous:

:idea:
But the title says "max" in it.:goofy: