5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2003 Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 PM

2003 Projector Headlights

I tried the search and its all OLD links that dont work. Where are the "pictured" detailed installs?

Anyways I purchased some projectors off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200083369807

and it looks like its all plug and play. There is like one plug that looks like its 12v or something. Then a black and a red wire I believe. The last one just looks like its for the 2 corner lens and it looks like a plug and play.Anyone have any new pictures of the install? I already searched the how to's and all the links dont work or "moving to different page" type deal.

I dont want to install these wrong. It looks like its somewhat of an easy install, Unscrewed some bolts, unplug the lights and maybe re wire one of the lights. (2 one for the other projector)

Any help would be great. I actually just installed the clear side markers...and also got myself a hold of a garmin 680. Max is coming along...Thanks for the help

Tip py To es
Old 03-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Cletus

if you had done some research, you would have realized that the light output of those headlights sucks and that they are a waste of money.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

He did not even have to research to know that... We all told him that and still got them.

You need to retro them really bad.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Don't tell me he replaced his nice 03 headlamps with ebay non-HID projectors?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by upstatemax
We all told him that and still got them.
why do people not listen?

"should i get these projectors?"
"no, the light output suck"
2 weeks later
"god these headlights suck"
Old 03-18-2007, 02:07 PM

some people will only learn from experience. its usually high school kids who rice out their cars get these, for the "look".
Old 03-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tippy Toes
I tried the search and its all OLD links that dont work. Where are the "pictured" detailed installs?

Anyways I purchased some projectors off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200083369807

and it looks like its all plug and play. There is like one plug that looks like its 12v or something. Then a black and a red wire I believe. The last one just looks like its for the 2 corner lens and it looks like a plug and play.Anyone have any new pictures of the install? I already searched the how to's and all the links dont work or "moving to different page" type deal.

I dont want to install these wrong. It looks like its somewhat of an easy install, Unscrewed some bolts, unplug the lights and maybe re wire one of the lights. (2 one for the other projector)

Any help would be great. I actually just installed the clear side markers...and also got myself a hold of a garmin 680. Max is coming along...Thanks for the help

Tip py To es

I'll take your 03's if you still GOT EM...
Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 PM

I dont get it. I already purchased these and replied to various other post about how I had already ordered them, for the people who want to reply foolishly to a post with non -sense please dont reply at all.

If you have any VALUEABLE information that would be appreciated. If not no one cares to hear about what you already said in a different post about the head lights. I like them alot and they are NOT "ricey"

Sounds like jealousy if you ask me. upstate max what do you mean I need to "retro" them?

TIP PY TOE S
Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 PM

Our oem lights are way better then those ebay ones. See if you can return those.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM

upstate max what do you mean I need to "retro" them?

TIP PY TOE S
You put better projectors in them and HID's.

MUCH better beam patterns, much safer, better HID options and the look better when they are on thanks to the better beam pattern and cut off.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

If you have any VALUEABLE information that would be appreciated.
They SUCK, everyone already said that.

If not no one cares to hear about what you already said in a different post about the head lights.
you're an idiot. Stop b!tching about something that was answered in OTHER THREADS!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Cletus

my info was valuable
the lights suck and are a waste of money

Sounds like jealousy if you ask me.
TIP PY TOE S
yes, i wish i had the money to buy cheap headlights with bad light output. maybe i should get a second job. if only i could get headlights that "look cool" even though i wouldnt be able to see the freaking road.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
is invisible

4th gen forum logic ftl
Old 03-18-2007, 03:46 PM

heres a VALUABLE info, the projectors are not worth the money, unless if your going to retro fit them. were not here to hate, were here to help.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
heres a VALUABLE info, the projectors are not worth the money, unless if your going to retro fit them. were not here to hate, were here to help.

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
some people will only learn from experience.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
大陆弟弟

Tippy, the headlights are NOT PnP for your car, they are for the 00-01 only. You are going to need to do a lot of wire splicing and modification to make them work.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Hear to help, it seems like everyone copy and pastes stuff and then disses on someone. No one even tried to help the thread at hand besides someone saying that they weren't PnP. Trying to help lol.

I already PnP them without splicing into anything and they are for the 03 model if you read the ebay auction. They are already in and look great, the lighting sucks but they are evenly lit.

Quote:

They SUCK, everyone already said that.

that was valueable thanks you moron. I could do a search and find that they suck. Anwser the thread.

Quote:
If not no one cares to hear about what you already said in a different post about the head lights.

you're an idiot. Stop b!tching about something that was answered in OTHER THREADS!

Go back to the first thing I posted if you have nothing valueable to say in this thread dont say anyone is b1tching help someone out with their lights regardless of what you think of them. Everyone purchases different things and thats what makes us individuals. So again if you cant help the thread dont post negative stuff that people already posted. Do a search for that.

Teufelhunden

That is not valueable information. I ALREADY BAUGHT THE LIGHTS IF YOU READ THE ORGINAL POST. Meaning that I already baught them regardless of what everyone said. I already got different HID lights from autolumination. I will work later on "retro" fitting them. They were worth "my" money, because its something "I" like and dont care what you thought in "other threads". They are installed and look fine.

If you cant help with how to install them then dont reply. No one wants to hear you say they suck or the light output sucks. We already understand that from the million threads made thanks to everyone.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Cletus

you suck at quoting (and starting threads)
Old 03-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Cletus

If you cant help with how to install them then dont reply. No one wants to hear you say they suck or the light output sucks. We already understand that from the million threads made thanks to everyone.
there are also threads with instruction to install the sh1tty headlights
Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 PM

If you already 'baught' (it's bought by the way..) HIDs and you're planning on putting them in those, be ready to have a head on collision if you drive at night. Your POS projectors are not meant to house HIDs and will glare like a **** blinding other drivers. Unless, of course, you swap the projectors out, but by the sound of it you're not quite capable of doing so. A little research goes a long way BEFORE making purchases...
Old 03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Cletus

Old 03-18-2007, 06:04 PM

I already purchased them. Even before the last thread of projectors was even braught up. I dont drive alot at night anyway. Not really at all for that matter so I am not worried about head on collusions at night or blinding other drivers. If the projectors become an issue I can also find someone to help me switch them out. Besides, guys lets face it, thats what the forum is for.

As far as you go sooner you could of posted the instruction to the sh1tty thread and been over this thread instead of posting all your negativity which none of the 4 or 5 posts helped.

Stay with stupid, stupid
Old 03-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Cletus

is your keyboard missing the o button?

bought (not baught)
brought (not braught)
Old 03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Cletus

once again

Originally Posted by soonerfan
there are also threads with instruction to install the sh1tty headlights
Old 03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I, myself was looking into buying those ebay projectors, but after doing some research im goin to take your word and not waste my money
Old 03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Ro4Life04
I, myself was looking into buying those ebay projectors, but after doing some research im goin to take your word and not waste my money
you are the only person to take our advice.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:42 PM

I recommend them, good price easy install. If you arent worried about the best projector these are a great addition to the front end. Very clean, dual Halo look is great. Pick up some nice side bulbs and the look is great. As far as the night time driving the people who havent purchased them or heard about them at night say they suck. I have no comment so far they arent THAT bad.

As far as you go sooner you could of posted the instruction to the sh1tty thread and been over this thread instead of posting all your negativity which none of the 4 or 5 posts helped.

make that 6 and now 7 on this thread

Cheers
Old 03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Cletus

I recommend them, good price easy install.
how do you know...you havent installed them yet.
this guy isnt going to buy them based on your recommendation...you have no credibility.

make that 6 and now 7 on this thread
i can keep going
you arent getting your info for 3 reasons
1. the info is already out there
2. the lights suck
3. you are being a dik

i recommend you delete this thread and do some research.
but you have proven that you dont listen to people with more knowledge than you.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ok, i have a 2000 SE....the projectors do look nice indeed...but i wand HIDs .... so my second option besides Projectors is the AE mod with the 7000K helios...what do u guys think ?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Cletus

ok, i have a 2000 SE....the projectors do look nice indeed...but i wand HIDs .... so my second option besides Projectors is the AE mod with the 7000K helios...what do u guys think ?
HIDs in the stock 00/01 housing will suck. there will be so much glare that you will blind everyone
Old 03-18-2007, 06:48 PM

I already purchased them. Even before the last thread of projectors was even braught up. I dont drive alot at night anyway. Not really at all for that matter so I am not worried about head on collusions at night or blinding other drivers. If the projectors become an issue I can also find someone to help me switch them out. Besides, guys lets face it, thats what the forum is for.

Stay with stupid, stupid

Bro, Calm down. I feel you might be offended on some of the other members giving there 2 sense. I've been there and didn't appreciate other's comments but this is a forum of free speach. Sometimes we get good comments/ feedback and at times we want to knock someone out from their stupid comments. I say if you are happy with your new project, keep searching for directions and don't take the harse comments too hard. Update us with pictures when u get them installed. take care :attention
Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Cletus

our comments are because he didnt search to see that these headlights suck. he also didnt search to get the info
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

my friend had a '97 with 7000k...in stock housing...he definitely was noticeable when he was coming down the street
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM

hey some guy on the org was selling a set for $30 cuz it was so crappy and part of the housing melted from the parking light. u should've searched for that; i was contemplating to buy it for a retro, but since it melted, i was like eff it.
if these don't melt, i'd buy them from you for $30 so i can attempt a retro
actually i'd try to stick my h3 HID bulbs to see the output first
got a wall shot of the output?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

what do u guys suggest ? getting some 02 headlights instead then ?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
our comments are because he didnt search to see that these headlights suck. he also didnt search to get the info
I feel you. I just wanted to clarify to him that our comments will come good and at times seem rude. Maybe he will use the search icon next time.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sooner.... so u think that putting HIDs in my 2000 stock headlights is a bad way to go ?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Cletus

Sooner.... so u think that putting HIDs in my 2000 stock headlights is a bad way to go ?
yes........
Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
You embarrass me.

I am actually going to have to agree with most opinions on this thread, minus the haste.

02-03 headlights are factory HID, with non-projector housings. The pattern is so-so compared to OEM projector housings.

However, eBay projector housings do not have real projectors. They are worse than 00-01 stock housings. You will glare and not have good output at all.

I will admit, I do have 6000k bulbs which are a little less output than stock (4300k) which are best for visibility, but these housings are on the same level as 10000k+ bulbs: They are for form (based on opinion), not function.

Also, eBay lights will never have OEM fitment, and I have personally seen these lights. An alternative to those, would be painting your housings black, clearing the amber and adding DDEs (which I will be doing next month)

Not trying to bash you, but just want you to realize the facts behind it all.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hmmm......i was actually looking forward for the AE mod and getting some HIDs .... what do u suggest sooner ? is there any option besides getting the 02 headlights ?

Quick Reply: 2003 Projector Headlights