5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Broken door handle, no remote entry?, rear lights

Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Bad *** Newb

Broken door handle, no remote entry?, rear lights

Ok, I know I'm gonna look like a dummy for having this particular car, but it was the only 6 speed I could find when I was in the market (I was originally going for a TT '90-91 300zx, shoulda stuck to my guns).

1.) My driverside door handle falls out b/c of me yanking on it after an ice storm. Looks to be that POS plastic clip (WHY PLASTIC,WHY?). A guide and/or part link would be great.

2.) My car didn't come from the factory with remote entry, WTF? I checked and there's no keyless thingy under the hood. I have a remote (b/c I don't want to get reamed on someone charging me for one) and wondering if I can install something myself or should I have an after market solution installed.

3.) My reverse lights don't work (no big deal). The led brake light strip on the trunk doesn't work either. I'll check out the connector (yay the search worked haha). But if I need new ones, anyone have a link?

4.) Apparently due to the POS bose sub (which I tore out haha), the ceiling popped out by the rear window and I can't figure out how to reinstall w/o removing it all.

Thanks a bunch!!!

BTW, if I ask too many retarded questions, please tell me to STFU
Old 04-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
Ok, I know I'm gonna look like a dummy for having this particular car, but it was the only 6 speed I could find when I was in the market (I was originally going for a TT '90-91 300zx, shoulda stuck to my guns).
are you saying owning a maxima is dumb -.-
Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by MyBlue92Maxima
are you saying owning a maxima is dumb -.-
LOL, no. I love maximas (this is my 2nd maxi) and nissans in general. I meant buying this car even though it has some problems.

I hate people that try and talk **** on my car. Usually dumbass domestic lovers. Of course I love it when I let her rip and she makes their v8 look like a ford taurus haha.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM

LOL, no. I love maximas (this is my 2nd maxi) and nissans in general. I meant buying this car even though it has some problems.

I hate people that try and talk **** on my car. Usually dumbass domestic lovers. Of course I love it when I let her rip and she makes their v8 look like a ford taurus haha.
ford taurus' are teh $hei7 Y0!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am 99.99% sure ALL 5th gen Maximas came with remote door locks. And if your car came with a Bose system, it HAD to come with remote door locks.

I also do not see how the Bose sub popped your headliner... Have you run a carfax on your car?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by upstatemax
I am 99.99% sure ALL 5th gen Maximas came with remote door locks. And if your car came with a Bose system, it HAD to come with remote door locks.

I also do not see how the Bose sub popped your headliner... Have you run a carfax on your car?
carfax was clean, it's in good condition overall. The headliner like snaps in place back there and it looks like they vibrated out, no damage or anything. The box that has the solenoids? in it (under the hood), the spot that's marked remote or keyless is empty, maybe someone stole it. I tried programming the remote, but of course it doesn't work. Maybe if I get that missing item it'll work. Now that I think about it, I bet it was stolen. It looks like a headlight was replaced. Damn, and I need those little bulbs with the orange lens in the headlight. One went out after I hit a railroad track (preferaby blue or blue-white if anyone has a link). I don't think it's a loose connection, I checked that.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 PM

carfax was clean, it's in good condition overall.
clean yet missing parts??? carfax only works if it got into any "reported" accidents.

should of spent an extra hundred and taken it to the stealership to get it checked out bumper to bumper...imho
Old 04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by stocked out max
clean yet missing parts??? carfax only works if it got into any "reported" accidents.

should of spent an extra hundred and taken it to the stealership to get it checked out bumper to bumper...imho
no accidents, I've been all over her. I was in a rush and not that concerned about the stuff. I didn't know about people selling their cars on here, otherwise I would've got one here
Old 04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Didn't I just see a thread for you looking for a motor since yours is shot? Where did you get your car and how much did you get hit in the head for it?

As far as the headliner if you look in the back you'll see the little clips that hooks to the headliner and you have to push it back in to place. Your car definitely came with a remote door lock/unlock. Either go to Nissan and get it replaced or an audio shop, get an alarm with that feature. Speaking of which it sounds like you might need to considering they stole the **** in the first place.

Your reverse lights, third brake light is probably a fuse. Have you checked them? Both under the hood and to the left of the steering wheel..

Google for the bulbs... or go to the auto parts store. There's a link for the bulb chart for every bulb your going to need to replace in our Maxima's. Search next time!

http://www.moodym.com/maxima/tech/maxbulbchart.html

Overall man... you're going to have to spend some money to get things done right the first time.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Bad *** Newb

I checked all of the fuses 3 times haha, and you don't wanna know what I had to pay . Got it from a dealer north of chicago. Please don't hit me, I actually have searched before for those led bulbs, I just suck