5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what should i do???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 02:19 PM

what should i do???

I have been offered $19k for my 2k max se that has 47k miles by my bro in law. I went to the local lexus dealer and test drove a new IS300 with a 5 speed and i love it. $32k fully loaded. should i do it? all opinions would help....
Old 09-22-2001, 02:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: what should i do???

Originally posted by maxman2k
I have been offered $19k for my 2k max se that has 47k miles by my bro in law. I went to the local lexus dealer and test drove a new IS300 with a 5 speed and i love it. $32k fully loaded. should i do it? all opinions would help....
He's offering $19K for a 2+ year old Maxima with 47K miles on it? Does he know you're ripping him off? Your car doesn't have many mods, either, so you're getting a great deal. You sure you want an IS300 to replace your Maxima? There's a lot better cars you can get for that kind of mone.
Old 09-22-2001, 04:41 PM

Re: Re: what should i do???

Originally posted by Tanmann9

He's offering $19K for a 2+ year old Maxima with 47K miles on it? Does he know you're ripping him off? Your car doesn't have many mods, either, so you're getting a great deal. You sure you want an IS300 to replace your Maxima? There's a lot better cars you can get for that kind of mone.
i agree with him....go get a 2002 max or something, save yourself a few grand for a SC, that will realy boost your 2002. or an new 2002 infiniti with 3.5 liter....i think those two would be good.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: what should i do???

Originally posted by maxman2k
19K is a great deal for you. Now as far as the IS300? I would rather have an IS300 than my max anyday, my problem is I don't trust my girl driving a rearwheel drive car in the snow, so I bought the Max. Snow aside I'd buy the IS or go with a 3 series BMW. I do think that the Lexus will be more reliable than the BMW.

If you do get the IS please don't get any rice near it?

By the way, what I noticed about the IS is the lack of torque, it is not much less than the Max but when I drove one it didn't have the grunt my Max has. I think the max torque on the IS is alot higher rpm than on the Maxima which makes for less grunt down low. Typical VVT-I technology. That was an auto though. By all means get the 5 speed now.

Did I mention get the IS??? I love that car.

Mark