Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   noisy heater/fan blower (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/558106-noisy-heater-fan-blower.html)

xxdean057xx 03-31-2008 07:14 PM

noisy heater/fan blower

when i turn on the heater or the air i get a annoying clicking sound, does anybody know of a fix? how do i access the air cabin filter. sorry most of the sticky links are useless and dont work

CoolMax 03-31-2008 08:22 PM

likely need a new blower motor (try a 4th gens)
air cabin filter: try housecor's site

SoonerFan 03-31-2008 08:32 PM

for real people!!

ive been nice recently, but there is a thread about this...ON THIS SAME PAGE.

you have been a member since 03, you know better.

95 Maxnout 03-31-2008 10:58 PM

could be a faulty bearing in which you would need to replace the blower motor.

xxdean057xx 04-01-2008 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan (Post 6330404)
for real people!!

ive been nice recently, but there is a thread about this...ON THIS SAME PAGE.

you have been a member since 03, you know better.

with 117 posts in 5 years prob means im not too familiar with the site and i spent abbout an hour checking the stickies that DONT WORK!
thanks to the other people that were actually helped me out

vball_max 04-01-2008 07:29 AM

try playing with the buttons.....switch the fan from face, to feet, to both. Turn your AC on and off, etc.

I had something similar, and it was driving me nuts.....I tried looking everywhere for where it was coming from....then my girlfriend was in the car and i told her about it and how it was driving me nuts.....she played with a few buttons, turned the AC on, and it stopped making that noise. Havent heard it since.

Yeah. That was a little embarrassing. :bawling:

MintVQ35 04-01-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by kgallerie (Post 6330876)
try playing with the buttons.....switch the fan from face, to feet, to both. Turn your AC on and off, etc.

I had something similar, and it was driving me nuts.....I tried looking everywhere for where it was coming from....then my girlfriend was in the car and i told her about it and how it was driving me nuts.....she played with a few buttons, turned the AC on, and it stopped making that noise. Havent heard it since.

There is no reason that should have "fixed" the noise, probably just a coincidence.

xxdean057xx 04-03-2008 06:35 AM

ill try that, thanks

xxdean057xx 04-03-2008 06:44 PM

dude your a freakin genius!!!! IT WORKED!!!! i tried it on the way to work this morning and when i pressed the control for the foot heater, i heard something shoot to the passenger side and the noise stopped. sound like a small piece of plastic bag but im thinking a dry leaf

thanks again for saving me tons of money i dont really have

Originally Posted by kgallerie (Post 6330876)

vball_max 04-04-2008 04:45 AM

me??? It was my girlfriend who was the genius on that one. It didnt make much sense to me intially, but there must have been something stuck somewhere, like you said maybe a leaf, and the air going over it made it vibrate making the noise. When you switch the airflow, it probably dislodged whatever it is......

Glad to hear it worked.