5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How to Advance Timing using the Nissan consult tool??

Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 PM
  #1  
Supporting Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (89)
 
Zack342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 6,240
How to Advance Timing using the Nissan consult tool??

I have found a technician at the Infiniti dealer who is willing to hook up the consult to my 5th gen and bump my timing. The only problem is he has never done it before and doesn't know how to do so. Can anyone tell me how to do this so i can enlighten him?
Zack342 is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Amherst, MA
Posts: 1,914
It's under "timing advance..." in the how to's.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...lt-2-tool.html
OOmaxSE is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM
  #3  
Supporting Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (89)
 
Zack342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 6,240
Originally Posted by OOmaxSE View Post
It's under "timing advance..." in the how to's.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...lt-2-tool.html

Thanks Dude!!!
Obviously I should have searched.
Zack342 is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,137
Maybe you should get another tech. timing is something you dont want to foul up but yeah what 00maxSE said
maxboy325 is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,734
Originally Posted by maxboy325 View Post
Maybe you should get another tech. timing is something you dont want to foul up but yeah what 00maxSE said
+1
Bjs470 is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 03:42 AM
  #6  
Turbo'd Saab
iTrader: (17)
 
DrunkieTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 35,381
Originally Posted by maxboy325 View Post
Maybe you should get another tech. timing is something you dont want to foul up but yeah what 00maxSE said
there is nothing to foul up if he follows the directions, its pretty simple
DrunkieTheBear is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 06:32 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,329
Are there any laptop programs that can function like a Consult and change the timing????
sascuderi is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 06:46 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,374
Originally Posted by sascuderi View Post
Are there any laptop programs that can function like a Consult and change the timing????
Iam insterested in knowing this also.

Found some stuff

http://www.nissanforums.com/tools/12...softwares.html
Professor is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 12:31 PM
  #9  
Turbo'd Saab
iTrader: (17)
 
DrunkieTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 35,381
Originally Posted by Professor` View Post
Iam insterested in knowing this also.

Found some stuff

http://www.nissanforums.com/tools/12...softwares.html
Interesting stuff in the link, but I have yet to come across a cable that can plug into the OBDII port and interfaces with your computer. That free software would interesting to see if there was any kind of support on the driver's side of things to work with the car ecu, but I'm not to sure it would be worth all that if you can find someone at a dealership to just do it for you. The next real solution would be what was given as a suggestion on that website with the up-rev (search on the forums soonerfan had a thread about it IIRC), its either that or emanage ultimate.
DrunkieTheBear is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philly,PA
Posts: 1,006
Originally Posted by DaveVQ View Post
Interesting stuff in the link, but I have yet to come across a cable that can plug into the OBDII port and interfaces with your computer. .

i actually do have a cable that runs from the obdII port to USB 2.0.i got to fin dout where i got it from. its used for Evo's for EVOscan and Wrx/sti ecu and anything else that has an open ROM. im not familiar with the 5+ gens but if it does have an open rom than it would be possible if someone makes an editor for it.
emdot is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
  #11  
Turbo'd Saab
iTrader: (17)
 
DrunkieTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 35,381
Originally Posted by emdot View Post
i actually do have a cable that runs from the obdII port to USB 2.0.i got to fin dout where i got it from. its used for Evo's for EVOscan and Wrx/sti ecu and anything else that has an open ROM. im not familiar with the 5+ gens but if it does have an open rom than it would be possible if someone makes an editor for it.
And I don't think that free software that is offered in that link have the driver's support needed to make it work, but it would be interesting to find out. Something someone could look into.

edit: post pics of your pink lip kit, i wanna see it

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 09-28-2008 at 02:06 PM.
DrunkieTheBear is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philly,PA
Posts: 1,006
Originally Posted by DaveVQ View Post
And I don't think that free software that is offered in that link have the driver's support needed to make it work, but it would be interesting to find out. Something someone could look into.

edit: post pics of your pink lip kit, i wanna see it

true it would definitley be something for someone who has some really good computer engineering background.

man this pink lip thing spread like wild fire LOL. i actually never took a pic of my car at the nwp meet but i do have a pic of it posted in the "Want to be Maxima of the Month?" thread on the last page with the lip on.
emdot is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 PM
  #13  
Turbo'd Saab
iTrader: (17)
 
DrunkieTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 35,381
Originally Posted by emdot View Post
true it would definitley be something for someone who has some really good computer engineering background.

man this pink lip thing spread like wild fire LOL. i actually never took a pic of my car at the nwp meet but i do have a pic of it posted in the "Want to be Maxima of the Month?" thread on the last page with the lip on.
I would do it (computer engineer btw) but I already have an emanage and the timing advance done, not to mention my money is put in other places right now, but if someone did put the money into and wanted help with it I could probably offer a hand in it.

edit: i just looked at the pic, you know if you win an they select that pic you will never be able to live it down.

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 09-28-2008 at 02:26 PM.
DrunkieTheBear is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Balkins
5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
9
02-01-2016 12:45 AM
MaximaDrvr
7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015)
16
08-19-2015 08:20 PM
Team STILLEN
Autocrossing and Road Course Racing
0
08-10-2015 04:29 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Advance Timing using the Nissan consult tool??


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.