Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   THEY STOLE MY MAXIMA!!! (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/601608-they-stole-my-maxima.html)

nzelinsky 10-23-2009 09:22 AM

THEY STOLE MY MAXIMA!!!

OMFG this is the worst day ever!! :mad: I got up and went to warm up my car to go to work and it was missing.... Im soo stupid I had my spare key in the glove box and to make it worse I think I forgot to lock the doors last night. I filed a police report and gave them a description of the car.

I decided to drive around the neighborhood in hopes of finding my lost baby. After 1+ hours of driving I decided to give up and that all hope was gone. 3 blocks away from our house I noticed my car down one of the side streets. (I have an obx sticker on the top of the windshield that caught my attention)

The stereo was ripped out by a crowbar or something. Amp which was bolted down under the seat and my 12" sub from the trunk were stolen. Also, a $60 canadian tire gift card and even a couple packs of LED's I had purchased but not installed yet were taken. There is a big scratch on the front bumper that wasnt there before.

The ironic thing is I heard a car ripping up the street last night and thought "oh that sounds like my car" I have headers and intake so it is a distinct sound... little did I know that was actually my car speeding away.

The car is drivable, as far as I can tell nothing major is damaged... my fingers are crossed, I only drove it a few blocks back home so I could still discover issues if they really bagged the car.

The spare key is now missing so these guys could realistically take my car again for a joyride tonight... Anybody know if I can reprogram the key myself so the other one wont work? Im going to do some searching and go buy a club right now. Anybody who has experience with the key reprogramming any info would be much appreciated.

Well, Im glad to have my car back at least... stupid junkies. I just hope there is nothing else wrong with the car...:bawling:

NissanMan97 10-23-2009 09:26 AM

WOW! that sucks bro...id rip the battery out every night and do other stuff to it where the only joy ride they could get out of it would be to tow it behind something....glad you got it back.

B

321VQ35MAX 10-23-2009 09:29 AM

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. My opinion would be to replace the locks... Might be expensive, but it will work.

mandyfig 10-23-2009 09:29 AM

Well at least you have the car back and it looks like it is in 1 piece, good luck.

phatboislim 10-23-2009 09:37 AM

DANG SON. I'M GLAD YOU FOUND HER 'UNHARMED', BUT I KNOW THE THOUGHT OF THEM COMING BACK TO TAKE IT IS GONA RUN IN YOUR MIND HEAVILY. GL

BlueFusion6851 10-23-2009 09:42 AM

Dude that sucks to hear, but hopefully you can figure something out so they can't take it again. What about those red or grey bars you can put across the steering wheel?

Rochester 10-23-2009 09:45 AM

I'm really glad you got your car back. Watching your posts over the last few months, it's obvious how much you enjoy it.

Perhaps it's time to find housing with a dedicated garage. I don't see how you're ever going to have peace of mind otherwise.

HotshotVQ35 10-23-2009 09:56 AM

until you get the locks and ignition changed, pull the fuel pump fuse, this way if the come back, the car wont make it out of the driveway..

tibal 10-23-2009 10:02 AM

Thats awful my man, best of luck. Def gonna be a little costly but change the locks! Beats having to buy a whole new car!

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 10:04 AM

Buy a gun, just in case.
Kill those mother ****as!!
JK. I bet you were happy as **** you find your car, weren't you. Man!! I would be pissed off.
Definetely pull the fuel pump relay. Those junkies probably wont remember where you live anyway.

Rochester 10-23-2009 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35 (Post 7263872)
until you get the locks and ignition changed, pull the fuel pump fuse, this way if the come back, the car wont make it out of the driveway..

That's freaking brilliant. :eek:

321VQ35MAX 10-23-2009 10:07 AM

All the car would do is crank and crank :laugh:

Rochester 10-23-2009 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77 (Post 7263888)
Buy a gun, just in case. Kill those mother ****as!!

No-o-o. You're advising him to live in anger, hoping for a chance to murder a car thief? Revenge is sweet, sure, but living your life free of that crap is far more rewarding.

Besides, he lives in Canada, not Texas.

Nopike 10-23-2009 10:14 AM

You can also install a kill switch. If they wanted your car they would have taken it. They just wanted the stereo and any thing else of value that was in it.

MURDRMAX 10-23-2009 10:16 AM

dont change the locks have a locksmith rekey them, also put starter kill on it. get a schematic and bypass the cpu power wire and put it on a swtich. then when you leave the car you can flip the secret switch and it wont start . i do this to most of my rides just for peice of mind.

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7263896)
No-o-o. You're advising him to live in anger, hoping for a chance to murder a car thief? Revenge is sweet, sure, but living your life free of that crap is far more rewarding.

Besides, he lives in Canada, not Texas.

I was just kidding!!
Eventhough these scumbags should at least have their hands cut off. :laugh:

While we live amongst these less fortunate individuals, our lives will never be free of "that crap"

Rochester 10-23-2009 10:27 AM

I hear you, Roy. They're bad people.

So, a "kill switch"? What would you wire that into... the fuel pump wiring? And where would you hide it?

That's a really neat idea. Certainly easier than pulling and replacing the fuel pump fuse every day.

pimpin02max 10-23-2009 10:56 AM

Man that sucks...glad to hear you found your car though.

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7263920)
I hear you, Roy. They're bad people.

So, a "kill switch"? What would you wire that into... the fuel pump wiring? And where would you hide it?

That's a really neat idea. Certainly easier than pulling and replacing the fuel pump fuse every day.

Well, in the old days. A kill switch would be wired to the coil, battery, starter, and ground.

Child_uv_KoRn 10-23-2009 11:18 AM

Drive it into the river. The car is now worthless and it has your **** stolen plus a scratch. **** that.

SuperStasiu 10-23-2009 11:21 AM

how about keeping the spare key out of the car lol im guessing thats how they started it. Real thieves know which cars can be stolen easy or which need to be towed

Rochester 10-23-2009 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77 (Post 7263976)
Well, in the old days. A kill switch would be wired to the coil, battery, starter, and ground.

Turns out the 4th gen forum has lots of treads on "kill switch". The fuel pump is mentioned a lot.

2kmax865 10-23-2009 11:26 AM

Glad you got your max back.:D I had a truck stole at a mall. Never seen again. :mad::mad::mad:

NissanMan97 10-23-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7263889)

:sprint:

B

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7264015)
Turns out the 4th gen forum has lots of treads on "kill switch". The fuel pump is mentioned a lot.

I am sure there are different ways to get to Rome.

Kill spark = coil
Kill fuel = fuel pump

Rochester 10-23-2009 12:28 PM

Zelinksky hasn't posted since noon... I bet he's out buying a Steering Wheel Bar, or getting his locks re-keyed.

Poor guy.

NissanMan97 10-23-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7264112)
Zelinksky hasn't posted since noon... I bet he's out buying a Steering Wheel Bar, or getting his locks re-keyed.

Poor guy.

i agree...poor guy

If it was me I'd take the advice in post #10 (except the gun part)...I dont need a weapon...

I remember when I CAUGHT a guy trying to break into my car and how pissed i was...i cant even imagine this ****

B

bigpopaj369 10-23-2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7263889)

:sprint:
agreed! im sorry bro that effing sucks i hate stupid effing people who steal im glad u got ur car back but they still have ur stuff and pride

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97 (Post 7264131)
i agree...poor guy

If it was me I'd take the advice in post #10 (except the gun part)...I dont need a weapon...

I remember when I CAUGHT a guy trying to break into my car and how pissed i was...i cant even imagine this ****

B

I wouldn't need a gun either. I would rip their souls out of their bodies Mortal Combat style. :greeny:

The6spdMax 10-23-2009 01:00 PM

The fuel pump fuse will work. Sorry to hear what happened. Should at least try to get his finger prints...

pbn85 10-23-2009 01:02 PM

really sorry to hear this man...hope it doesnt discourage you from modding your car

NissanMan97 10-23-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77 (Post 7264153)
I wouldn't need a gun either. I would rip their souls out of their bodies Mortal Combat style. :greeny:

LOL...that is great

FATALITY!

B

rroderiques77 10-23-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97 (Post 7264190)
LOL...that is great

FATALITY!

B

I loved the freakin game!!!:laugh:

nishfish871 10-23-2009 01:15 PM

it would be really nice if someone could make a how-to on the fuel pump fuse. at least tell people where the fuse is located?

Rochester 10-23-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by nishfish871 (Post 7264198)
it would be really nice if someone could make a how-to on the fuel pump fuse. at least tell people where the fuse is located?

"See a need, fill a need!" (Bigweld)

nishfish, you're up. The fuse is a duh, but a nice write-up for a 5th gen kill-switch install would be a great add to the forum.

coldfear13 10-23-2009 01:24 PM

Dam dude that sucks! Any ideas on who it might be? I had my stereo ripped out before, its not pretty, but good thing you got your car back not totaled.

SteveB123 10-23-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7263920)

So, a "kill switch"? That's a really neat idea. Certainly easier than pulling and replacing the fuel pump fuse every day.

And effectively the same thing.

johnnyd2k2 10-23-2009 03:36 PM

You are very lucky you found the car had your insurance found out that the car was stolen without breaking the column they wouldn't have paid you for it. That is considered negligence on your part. You lucked out big time, never leave your keys in the car if you feel the need to have a key in the car get one of those magnetic key holders and put it somewhere very hidden like on top of your muffler where no one will find it.

FanaticMadMax 10-23-2009 03:37 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that, but you know the lesson that goes around, never leave your car running to warm up, even you have the door lock, people these day will do anything if it running with no one attended. I hope you have full coverage. I know the feeling when something ripped you off

nzelinsky 10-23-2009 04:23 PM

Ya I have full coverage for the insurance... but in the police officer's report he knows that I left the key in it so wont the insurance company be able to find that out? So I guess I can't claim the cost of replacing the locks or re keying the car because I would then have to tell them I left a key in it...

I blocked the car in the driveway with another car and went back to bed for the day. I had to sleep off my rage because I definitely am in the mood to kill those mother****ers, rip off their heads and **** down their throats (good thing for sensors).

Okay so I will pull the fuel pump fuse tonight.... its just in the regular fusebox under the hood right?

I made a list of everything that was stolen and its tally is just under $1000.... and that's only legal items missing from the car that I can claim. I had some prohibited stuff that was taken, but I don't think insurance will replace it for me.

I have no idea who could have done this.... seems like it was probably somebody who lives on the street, seeing as it was ditched 3 blocks away. But I had filled up on gas and reset the trip meter, they drove it 100 or so kilometres before the ditch. I also think it could be somebody on the block, because I was in a rush to get in last night because the new episode of "the office" was on. I think that is why I left it unlocked as I was running in the house. Perhaps somebody saw me and noticed that they didnt hear the horn honk and lights flashed, waited a few hours and then jumped in the car.

When I was inspecting the car after the police showed up a lady came out and told us that somebody had ransacked her car and taken some valuables as well. It seems to be a recurring problem around here.

The cop didnt do any fingerprinting or anything like that. He said that they get an average of 30 reported stolen vehicles everynight in the city and the detectives are too busy working on murder cases and that sort of thing. Basically its too common and they dont have time for petty crime like this.

freakin junkies.... I think I will probably stay up all night watching my car with axe in hand.... maybe something bigger...