5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Roof Spoiler pics **POST UP**

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Here is a quick one I took with my iPhone I didn't clean the car but changed the oil and went flying kites with my son lol

Hope this helps. Although my wife agrees with Rochester she's hated it since I put it on
Old 03-13-2011, 02:34 PM

It's just so out of place. I think they look better if the car doesn't have a rear spoiler.
It looks like it's made for a completely different car.

I won't even bother commenting that it probably increases drag tons.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Clean car, quickhuh.

This picture here demonstrates the thing I have the most issue with, and that zero pointed out. Which is the roof spoiler takes the lines of the car and draws them in contradictory directions, like a bridge to nowhere.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Thatn you sir I agree with the angle I work fOr Mercedes and if I could make a Benz one work I would although looking at the picture the black surround around the back window does clash looking at the picture I think if it was a black car it would match better. But that's my 2 cents. There are days I do think about taking it off. But personally since it's painted to match the car it works in a way
Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by clashez1983

Take it easy son you dont have to defend your daddy ( role model ) i was just JOKING around or do i have to tell u the meaning of that to.
I promise you, you're the man.
Please tell me the meaning of that ... to.

On-topic, Rochester illustrated my issues with it. I know that DeusExMaxima had a roof spoiler from an STI or something of the sort on his 6th gen so maybe options are available with a little measuring and minimal fabrication.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 PM

Also it does keep wind off of the back window as soon as I put the defroster on and anything melts it does just sit on the window. I'll have more pics of the car soon of the rest of it. It goes in the body shop next week, it won't be umm "mint" just repainting the bumpers stillen skirts and front lip and some dings and small nicks taken out for me
Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
I motion for

I second that motion.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

I motion for
Originally Posted by 2kmaxseblack2k
I second that motion.
Nay. I find it more entertaining this way. It's nice to have individuals who like to rock the boat.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
I don't think you could've said anything more ignorant. I'm assuming the 1983 in your screen name is related to your birth year, which is very original, which means you are older than a good amount of owners on here including myself. Yet you have worse taste and can barely type properly. I can understand you're butthurt because people don't shop in Aisle 5 at Autozone like you, but Rochester is a valued member with actual contributions to this site as opposed to the IQ dropping posts you make us suffer with. Your car isn't mint, you're not a drifter in a FWD car, and for the love of god "classic" doesn't have two "a"s.

Restating the obvious in a ranty, annoyed fashion just makes you look like you took the internet too seriously.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2kmaxseblack2k
I second that motion.
I motion for
You know your doing something right when u got a pack of haters......lolz
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Yeah, but when the whole forum is on your bad side, that's not "something right."

Jussayin'.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Clean car, quickhuh.

This picture here demonstrates the thing I have the most issue with, and that zero pointed out. Which is the roof spoiler takes the lines of the car and draws them in contradictory directions, like a bridge to nowhere.

thats what i look at as well...man i'm confused if i want this piece or not...i love it...then at times i think im going to hate it
Old 03-14-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
thats what i look at as well...man i'm confused if i want this piece or not...i love it...then at times i think im going to hate it
As much as the next guy, I can appreciate the desire to alter your car's appearance. It's a natural manifestation of any hobbie that's based on a persistent canvas. And when you weigh cost of various visual mods, it becomes easier to rationalize slapping a huge hunk of plastic on your rear window.

I get all that. Step back from the cliff's edge and you'll see it, too.

That's why I've been directing most of my dress-up activities under the hood. There are more things that you can do, and it's entirely personal... except when I post pictures of stuff here on the Org.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Banned

Just go for it you won't regret it at all , I think its one of my favorite mods i have done . worst come to worst u can all way take it off its not like it a tattoo
Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 AM

As much as the next guy, I can appreciate the desire to alter your car's appearance. It's a natural manifestation of any hobbie that's based on a persistent canvas. And when you weigh cost of various visual mods, it becomes easier to rationalize slapping a huge hunk of plastic on your rear window.

I get all that. Step back from the cliff's edge and you'll see it, too.

That's why I've been directing most of my dress-up activities under the hood. There are more things that you can do, and it's entirely personal... except when I post pictures of stuff here on the Org.
Never looked at my car as a piece of art, but thats a good analogy. but yea i dont want to 'brush the wrong stroke' and end up taking a possible masterpiece and having it look like a total horrid piece of shiz
Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
The full-size roof spoiler, however, is an abomination.
LOL

IMHO all the Maxima roof spoilers are tacky.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 PM

^^i second that notion.
on a side note...i feel bad for the white maxima pic with the full size spoiler shot...
thats my homie in socal.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:53 AM

LOL he still has it on?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM

I have the Iconic spoiler and painted it to match the car and I think it turned out nice. The fitment wasn't 100% but its not that noticeable unless they are all up on your car with a very observant eye. And lets be honest, you can pick apart Megan Fox if you want to(need proof- Google "megan fox thumbs" ).

People are trying to talk how it influences the design but the spoiler adds length the roof line which tricks the eye into making it seem lower and a little more sporty. This of course helps transfer the visual weight to the rear and down to the ground- which is design101. It also helps break up the too-smooth C pillar, rear windscreen section. I have the Gray Lustre so it is not as in your face as some of the lighter colored cars.

It s visual mod that I did for me because I didn't want to do the sunroof deflector.
As far as drag resistance, I think our cars are rated at .31 which is a great number and I can't see the roof spoiler disrupting it too much unless you go 100+ often or if your a drag regular.

The interwebs is going to be full of people who don't like something because of their taste or just because of attempting to be relevant to any conversion, so OP do it because you want to. Its a small price to try it out and it can always be removed with ease.

on with the blurry iphone pics

Old 03-15-2011, 07:53 AM

I think in order for the roof spoiler to be pulled off correctly, it has to have a sunroof deflector, hence why i just thought about getting it again because of this pic (vastmax):

i doubt ima get it, because i dotn like how it looks w/o the sunroof deflector
Old 03-15-2011, 07:54 AM

I think in order for the roof spoiler to be pulled off correctly, it has to have a sunroof deflector, hence why i just thought about getting it again because of this pic (vastmax):

i doubt ima get it, because i dotn like how it looks w/o the sunroof deflector
I totally disagree, but I love those rims
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 AM

Particularly with window tint, and painted Grey Lustre (or Super Black) to match the car, the half-height Iconic can work at some angles. At a distance. With blurry photos.

While I don't agree with your Design101 argument, I respect the effort. And good point about the lack of a sunroof deflector. (I really don't like those things, either. But I haz no sunroof, so I haz no option.)

I think in order for the roof spoiler to be pulled off correctly, it has to have a sunroof deflector
No, no... too many things breaking the flow of the car. Too much plastic. Might as well put on some eyelids and side-window shades, and call it a day.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-15-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:58 AM

While I don't agree with your Design101 argument, I respect the effort. And good point about the lack of a sunroof deflector. (I really don't like those things, either. But I haz no sunroof, so I haz no option.)

No, no... too many things breaking the flow of the car. Too much plastic. Might as well put on some eyelids and side-window shades, and call it a day.
you could always do like some people and have a sunroof cut in the max

i dont know...to me, that setup works perfectly. thats about the only way that I see it to work for me to like it on my car. but i'm not a huge fan of the FULL stillen kit
Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 AM

Between the deflector, the roof spoiler and the trunk spoiler, it's like the car has gills.

It's a car, not a sand shark.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 AM

to each their own...but like i said..I like it
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 AM

I agree with John on this one. It looks like a Chevy Pick-up truck that bought 'wind deflectors' and those foolish looking window shades (that I suspect are purchased just so people can smoke in their cars with the windows cracked when it's raining, I can't imagine anyone acutally likes the way they look)

Adding stuff to a car is a hard thing, expecially stuff like this. It's VERY easy to ruin the flow of the entire car. I'm reminded of people who put on the g35 spoiler, it didn't look TERRIBLE from certain angles, but in person, it looks dumb, it's just not made for the flow of the car (just like the stillen side skirts).

And before someone points it out, yes I have Stillen side skirts, I want to find AE skirts SO bad.

you could always do like some people and have a sunroof cut in the max

i dont know...to me, that setup works perfectly. thats about the only way that I see it to work for me to like it on my car. but i'm not a huge fan of the FULL stillen kit
All you need to do is what YOU want to do man. We just don't want you to do something you regret. As stated, you can always install it and take it off later. Just know that if you install it WELL, you may break it taking it back off.

And Please don't put a sunroof wind deflector on, those look worse than the 'big' rear window spoiler (IMO)
Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 AM

All you need to do is what YOU want to do man. We just don't want you to do something you regret.
Well said, Tuner.

If you can weather the criticism with graceful defense, then your resolve deserves respect. The mod itself, not so much. I'm reminded of a certain twin-loop thread...
Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 AM

naw sunroof deflector never crossed my mind to install

SN: i just purchased some AE skirts this weekend
Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Well said, Tuner.

If you can weather the criticism with graceful defense, then your resolve deserves respect. The mod itself, not so much. I'm reminded of a certain twin-loop thread...
DONT JUDGE MY MERRELL BENDS!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM

At first I was like. No I don't like it. But now that I see it with your rims on; I like the look it was the deal sealer; I don't know why ether. Just my opinion
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

but i dont have one....................................
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 AM

but i dont have one....................................
Ha ha. Poor guy.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM

Oh Snap that's dirty.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 AM

when i read the beginning of his post \/\/

Originally Posted by Dominicanaso
At first I was like. No I don't like it. But now that I see it with your rims on; I like the look it was the deal sealer; I don't know why ether. Just my opinion
that pic was all i could think of
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM

Here I am getting all weirdly metaphysical with this silly thread, and Dominicanaso here cuts right to the, like, the point. Like, you know.

Now I got whiplash.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM

you got hoodwinked
Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 AM

you got hoodwinked
I've got 2 little girls who are seriously disappointed that "Hoodwinked 2" is having problems getting released. Two adults as well, now that I think about it.

So this is your thread... where are you on the roof spoiler? I don't want to back read. I'm lazy.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Whats wrong with roof spoilers lol, Mine looks good.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM

I've got 2 little girls who are seriously disappointed that "Hoodwinked 2" is having problems getting released. Two adults as well, now that I think about it.

So this is your thread... where are you on the roof spoiler? I don't want to back read. I'm lazy.
i'm leaning more toward the 'do not get it' side. earlier today i was convinced i wasnt getting one..now im still trying to figure if i do want it or i dont

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler pics **POST UP**