5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 07:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Just the past few days I've noticed that during cold warmups or if I haven't used the car in a few hrs.. I hear a rattling/buzzing sound coming from underneath the passenger seat. But after a few min when the car is warm it goes away. Also, sound like something is banging underneath there at well. Do you think it could be a leak somewhere? Resonator?
Old 12-26-2001, 09:17 PM

Re: Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K
Just the past few days I've noticed that during cold warmups or if I haven't used the car in a few hrs.. I hear a rattling/buzzing sound coming from underneath the passenger seat. But after a few min when the car is warm it goes away. Also, sound like something is banging underneath there at well. Do you think it could be a leak somewhere? Resonator?

I recently had a diffrent problem. Even after the car was warmed up at wot there would be this clanking sound in 3-5 gears. I was really worried that it was the clutch or the fuel injector, so i took it up to nissan today... of course they didn't fix the problem but they said the clutch was ready to go so they were going to replace it even though the clutch wasn't slipping until after it was in the garage. But today i was putting in my ftsb, stillen intake, and new headlights and foglights and i found 2 nuts inside this little cubby which it was impossible to get out without pliers because they were in such a weird place. That was the cause of my rattling, but i'm still getting the new clutch. the point is that it is probably something really stupid. Take it to nissan and if they don't find anything wrong, something will happen eventually....i've found anything can be fixed on these cars, if your willing to put the time and effort into finding the probelem
Old 12-27-2001, 12:25 AM
RBa

Re: Re: Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Originally posted by zman187

I recently had a diffrent problem. Even after the car was warmed up at wot there would be this clanking sound in 3-5 gears. I was really worried that it was the clutch or the fuel injector, so i took it up to nissan today... of course they didn't fix the problem but they said the clutch was ready to go so they were going to replace it even though the clutch wasn't slipping until after it was in the garage. But today i was putting in my ftsb, stillen intake, and new headlights and foglights and i found 2 nuts inside this little cubby which it was impossible to get out without pliers because they were in such a weird place. That was the cause of my rattling, but i'm still getting the new clutch. the point is that it is probably something really stupid. Take it to nissan and if they don't find anything wrong, something will happen eventually....i've found anything can be fixed on these cars, if your willing to put the time and effort into finding the probelem
Old 12-27-2001, 04:21 AM

Re: Re: Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Originally posted by zman187

It definitely sounds like a leak or hole somewhere because you'll here it only when the pipes are cold. Remember as it heats up, the pipe will expand and so will the hole so therefore I won't here it anymore... But i still get the rattling.. Something is definitely loose.. Probably because I scraped the speed bumps at work all the time. Those ****s are pretty high
Old 12-27-2001, 04:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

PC- Just curious, why does your car seem so problematic?

GC

QUOTE]Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

It definitely sounds like a leak or hole somewhere because you'll here it only when the pipes are cold. Remember as it heats up, the pipe will expand and so will the hole so therefore I won't here it anymore... But i still get the rattling.. Something is definitely loose.. Probably because I scraped the speed bumps at work all the time. Those ****s are pretty high
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-27-2001, 05:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rattling & Buzzing noise during cold engine start-ups???

Originally posted by Cisco
PC- Just curious, why does your car seem so problematic?

GC

QUOTE]Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

[/QUOTE]

Why is that? From my past posts?? I dunno... Too much tinckling & hard driving..