Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   PCV breather needed for short ram? (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/660161-pcv-breather-needed-short-ram.html)

Aviation005 01-06-2013 09:24 AM

PCV breather needed for short ram?

Hello everyone. My question is, does the PCV breather coming from the front valve cover NEED to be attached to the intake? (2002 VQ35)

I disconnected it and removed the resonator and the car would like to stall only at idle

once i put the stock plastic resonator back on and the filter, it idles perfecto

anyways i tried running the car with the mass air flow connected directly to the throttle body with NO air filter

GOOD GOD DO I LOVE THAT SOUND, this resonator thing has got to go!!!!

any ideas how to cheaply remove the resonator and still have the pcv function?

T_Behr904 01-06-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700122)
Hello everyone. My question is, does the PCV breather coming from the front valve cover NEED to be attached to the intake? (2002 VQ35)

I disconnected it and removed the resonator and the car would like to stall only at idle

once i put the stock plastic resonator back on and the filter, it idles perfecto

anyways i tried running the car with the mass air flow connected directly to the throttle body with NO air filter

There are dozens of intake threads here on this forum. Search man, search...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...e_the_lock.gif

Aviation005 01-06-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904 (Post 8700126)
There are dozens of intake threads here on this forum. Search man, search...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...e_the_lock.gif

I have searched and I cannot find the answer in which I was searching for. Does anyone know? Can someone please post a yes/no so I dont need to continue to search?

carsnwomen91 01-06-2013 09:53 AM

Are u retarded again? There's a diy short ram thread in the 5th gen section, you can follow the steps there... You can use a breather or make a fitting for a pcv hose on the intake pipe by drilling and jb welding a barbed nipple. THen just get a tube long enough.

this is one of the easiest DIY mods and you model your own by lookin at different designs on google. There's no need to ask questions

Aviation005 01-06-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91 (Post 8700148)
Are u retarded again? There's a diy short ram thread in the 5th gen section, you can follow the steps there... You can use a breather or make a fitting for a pcv hose on the intake pipe by drilling and jb welding a barbed nipple. THen just get a tube long enough.

this is one of the easiest DIY mods and you model your own by lookin at different designs on google. There's no need to ask questions

Well hello there asshle.

I saw the thread. I added a breather. The car started stalling at idle.

So, YES FAWKER THERE IS A REASON TO ASK QUESTION

people like u deserve to have their car demolished with a hammer.

That is all.

user name001 01-06-2013 10:00 AM

im amazed how your still around this forum... how have you not been blocked with the attitude you give people... i could help you.. but i wont.

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91 (Post 8700148)
Are u retarded again?

Will he ever admit it?? I say never. Planecrash005 , lol.

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by aviation005 (Post 8700153)

well hello there asshle.

I saw the thread. I added a breather. The car started stalling at idle.

So, yes fawker there is a reason to ask question

people like u deserve to have their car demolished with a hammer.

That is all.

ban!

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by user name001 (Post 8700160)
im amazed how your still around this forum... How have you not been blocked with the attitude you give people... I could help you.. But i wont.

+999,999,999

T_Behr904 01-06-2013 10:18 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...hbuoo1_400.jpg

Aviation005 01-06-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton (Post 8700164)
+999,999,999

Yes I agree i have an attitude, but its not without a reason.

I asked a simple question, requiring a yes, or a no; and yet I get the run around being told to search, with no help given.

Why not go the extra mile and HELP someone out?

Sorry my reason for being frustrated is not apparent to you.

and yeah go ahead and ban me.. I have brought valuable info to this forum, and have help 3+ people now solve their problems

so much love :kiss:

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:20 AM

Should we tell him about the light speed mod for inside the intake?

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700188)

and yeah go ahead and ban me.. I have brought valuable info to this forum, and have help 3+ people now solve their problems

Could we please have those three names so we can save them from impending doom?
Unless you copied and pasted something someone else wrote; I don't see how you could have helped more than hurt.

user name001 01-06-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700188)
Yes I agree i have an attitude, but its not without a reason.

I asked a simple question, requiring a yes, or a no; and yet I get the run around being told to search, with no help given.

Why not go the extra mile and HELP someone out?

Sorry my reason for being frustrated is not apparent to you.

so much love :kiss:

in regards to this, the questions you're asking are so basic and can be found by searching. it comes off as being lazy, you specifically said " can someone give me a YES or NO answer so i dont have to seach anymore" no one here is going to spoon feed you answers. when you were in school did you ask you're friends and teachers for all the answers so you didnt have to study and read the books yourself? you wont learn that way, by reading/reseaching you will find you're answer along with other valueable information you didnt know

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by user name001 (Post 8700202)

in regards to this, the questions your asking are so basic and can be found by searching. it comes off as being lazy, you specifically said " can someone give me a YES or NO answer so i dont have to seach anymore" no one here is going to spoon feed you answers. when you were in school did you ask yor friends and teachers for all the answers so you didnt have to study and read the books yourself? you wont learn that way, by reading/reseaching you will find your answer along with other valueable information you didnt know

Your awesome.

T_Behr904 01-06-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton (Post 8700190)
Should we tell him about the light speed mod for inside the intake?

Shhhhhh....

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton (Post 8700205)
Your awesome.

*You're

:D

Aviation005 01-06-2013 10:46 AM

I just wanted to say I am STILL on the forums and STILL searching for an answer. You guys are scum.

If it was so easy I wouldnt have been sitting here for an hour.

You guys are legit heartless, wow.

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904 (Post 8700212)

*You're

:D

Tkanks.

Fakie J Farkerton 01-06-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700220)
I just wanted to say I am STILL on the forums and STILL searching for an answer. You guys are scum.

The answer is no. Just no to everything you type.
I mean, come on; no air filter?

Ignorance must truly be bliss for you.

Take a month break from your herbal remedies and then read every post you've ever written. Maybe that will help you.

T_Behr904 01-06-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700220)

You brought it onto yourself when you joined this forum and came out the gate with your guns blazing. In that short amount of time you have already earned a not so pleasant reputation, and this is why no one, including myself, will help you. Go join Nicoclub or some other Nissan forum and hopefully you'll have better luck there, so long as you leave your attitude behind...

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton (Post 8700223)
Tkanks.

*Thanks

And you're welcome :D

Maverick4189 01-06-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005 (Post 8700122)

Facepalm. There is literally a thread 2 down from here with all the info. As well as a sticky. As well as a DIY let me help you here. Put a filter on it. Or do like most of us a build a accutual SRI/CAI and not a dryer vent and have a port, attach the hose and there ya go problem solved. If you don't get that push your car off a cliff.

Maverick4189 01-06-2013 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures of my engine I just went and took...I went with the choice of back I to the intake
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...6925973D62.jpg
Attachment 36887

Aviation005 01-06-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick4189 (Post 8700256)
Here are pictures of my engine I just went and took...I went with the choice of back I to the intake
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...6925973D62.jpg
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...69359A131E.jpg

ty sir. Looks like everyone has it going back into the intake. I have seen many pics. Where did you get the pipe with the nipple for the pcv? I know I can make my own, but Id rather buy one.

I think my problem is the MAF placement. The way I hooked it up to the car put it basically right at the throttle body. I guess the airflow is too intense or something.

Once I reinstall the resonator, the car idles perfect again. (with or without the pcv hose attached)

this pretty much flags the MAF. I have a new one coming in the mail tomorrow. I decided to buy a new one for the heck of it. I understand this will not solve the weird idle issue. Looks like I need to add a coupler or a length of tube maybe

Also, what do you have attached right next to your dipstick? Some kind of ground?

TunerMaxima3000 01-06-2013 04:09 PM

There are rules against swearing, even a filter, finding ways to bypass them is only one of the many rules you keep breaking on this forum.

Why isn't this guy getting a ban?

Also it would take less time and effort to simply google for your answer, rather than post a question or reply at all.

Maverick4189 01-06-2013 04:10 PM

There are many ways to make a custom SRI I've seen so many ways I'm still playing with it myself. I'm going to a 6"bellmouth next time I change. And yes that's a custom groundling kit for the car, several places in the bay you will see extra wires. My bay isn't as clean as I like it but I live in the country down a dirt road so it's hard for me to keep clean :/

Aviation005 01-06-2013 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick4189 (Post 8700456)
There are many ways to make a custom SRI I've seen so many ways I'm still playing with it myself. I'm going to a 6"bellmouth next time I change. And yes that's a custom groundling kit for the car, several places in the bay you will see extra wires. My bay isn't as clean as I like it but I live in the country down a dirt road so it's hard for me to keep clean :/

Yeah I noticed the rear IM to firewall ground. Where does the one on the front of the block go to?

Did you see a before/after with te grounding kit?

tseng1023 01-06-2013 04:56 PM

i agree with Tuner this guy is rediculous lol. how is the above post or any post of his for that matter relevant to his first questions?