5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nx Fuel Solynoid leaking..

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM

Nx Fuel Solynoid leaking..

I smelt fuel today popped hood and the Fuel solynoid is pourin gas from Nitrous Express solynoid. its not comming from lines its comming from inside it i took it apart and from way it looks its just a magnetic solyn and i don't see where it could be comin from.

any u guys had this problem? i bought it used but know Nx lifetime warranty solynoids what should i do?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
SLOW

you should not run nitrous on your car dude
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Why are you telling me this.....

and performance shop sold me a o ring for it and showed me howto disassrmble solynoid and put liquid teflon on threads to seal it all. I'm gonna wait for it to dry and see if it leaks still.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
SLOW

i just think it's a bad idea.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Probably is but she's got a window switch,fuel safty switch and WOT switch. should be safer then a turbo.

plus friend has a 09 gold gti 4cyl that woops my *** and i get beat my all kinds of slow cars so the vq needs some kinda kick to help. jus a little 75 shot.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM

driver mod

/thread
Old 06-11-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
driver mod

/thread

This Guy Here....i can always count on you to talk down after seein me tear a 4th to hell..
Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by TravisCadello
This Guy Here....i can always count on you to talk down after seein me tear five auto transmissions to hell via neutral dropping them, drifting them FnF style on youtube and not paying your damn car title loan from an auto pawn place (and posting up on the org an entire thread about it)
fixed

Last edited by Amerikaner83; 06-11-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Well here's my two cents (I understand nobody cares, but here goes anyway). I tend to agree with Nealoc187 here, it's a bad idea. But on the other hand if you have the money to waste, go for it. I feel that the N/A Max has more than enough power for a FWD sedan. It's enough power to surprise the hell out of those damn Civic tuners and a even a Mustang or two. The only way to properly increase the power output of these engines through NOS or Turbo/Supercharger would require an entire engine tear down and rebuild with parts that are designed to take the stress. Not only is this extremely cost prohibitive (especially for a 10-13 year old car), the torque steer is already verging on the dangerous with these cars. If you want a race car, get RWD or AWD and spend the cash to build the motor properly. Otherwise you just asking for lots of trouble and wasted cash. But hey, it's your money.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM

I dont understand why people have to knock other people about what mods they decide to do on there own vehicles. If the dude wants NOS, let him.... who cares. I can think of tons of people I know, even my friends that do stupid mods to there cars for whatever reason. WHO CARES, its there car, they do to it what makes them happy. I turbocharged my first car 85 Toyota Tercel, why, because I wanted to. Did it do anything? NO just made a cool turbo sound and went 0.01 faster. WHO CARES!! its what I wanted to do. The whole point of MODDING a car is to MOD it to what the owner wants. Think about how many civics out there that we just laugh when they drive by... Yea we think its stupid, but the guy driving it thinks he is the bomb. Well thats what makes him feel good, then why not. I used to have a 240sx, and was huge into the drifting... but everybody in the "scene" said you have to do these mods in this order or you werent consider serious about it etc.... So much BS... I'll mod my car how I think it should be done... I dont give an eff if my wheel offset isnt right or I didnt get XXR wheels or whatever...

If the dude wants NOS for whatever reason of course there are going to be haters... You dont have to tell him its a bad idea... he asked a legit question about a failing part, not if you thought running NOS was a good idea or bad idea.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSJRICH
I dont understand why people have to knock other people about what mods they decide to do on there own vehicles. If the dude wants NOS, let him.... who cares. I can think of tons of people I know, even my friends that do stupid mods to there cars for whatever reason. WHO CARES, its there car, they do to it what makes them happy. I turbocharged my first car 85 Toyota Tercel, why, because I wanted to. Did it do anything? NO just made a cool turbo sound and went 0.01 faster. WHO CARES!! its what I wanted to do. The whole point of MODDING a car is to MOD it to what the owner wants. Think about how many civics out there that we just laugh when they drive by... Yea we think its stupid, but the guy driving it thinks he is the bomb. Well thats what makes him feel good, then why not. I used to have a 240sx, and was huge into the drifting... but everybody in the "scene" said you have to do these mods in this order or you werent consider serious about it etc.... So much BS... I'll mod my car how I think it should be done... I dont give an eff if my wheel offset isnt right or I didnt get XXR wheels or whatever...

If the dude wants NOS for whatever reason of course there are going to be haters... You dont have to tell him its a bad idea... he asked a legit question about a failing part, not if you thought running NOS was a good idea or bad idea.
Thanks for saving me the time.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM

Thanks to both you guys! its the truth and the max is NOT enough to punk ricers or ANY mustangs round here. i get punked by a car that sounds like a dam bumble bee so i spray a 75shot to save the embarsement!

I got stompted by a stock chevy 4 door truck the max IS NOT fast its decent and DOES need to be modded to move more.

its a 5th gen not a 5.5! Takes full bolt on to break 15s in 1/4mile and spray to break 14s.

Last edited by TravisCadello; 06-11-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM

But anyways its fixxed i was nervous bout takin solynoid apart but guy showed me how and we replaced internal oring and used pipe dope n tightened it all back.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Banned

Thanks to both you guys! its the truth and the max is NOT enough to punk ricers or ANY mustangs round here. i get punked by a car that sounds like a dam bumble bee so i spray a 75shot to save the embarsement!

I got stompted by a stock chevy 4 door truck the max IS NOT fast its decent and DOES need to be modded to move more.
You will invest significantly more to make it fast vs many other cars. It's a slightly heavy 4 door grocery getter. That being said a 5.5 6 spd is still fun to drive stock for its cost. Cheap headers, cheap 3'' test pipe and BRM exhaust, 4'' intake, cheap wideband and tune and it will be much more fun.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
SLOW

Originally Posted by SSJRICH

I'm just trying to save him from destroying yet another maxima.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 PM

The last two maximas i sold are still on the roads today....
Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I'm just trying to save him from destroying yet another maxima.
Just accept it and wait for the fun?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM

If a little 75shot blows a VQ ill be impressed...265k on my old 4th gen of seein red line dailly full bolt on and a 95 with 275k as well dawged to hell in back from 205k to 275k always runnin a mobil 1 oil not a single engine issue.

i think a dek with 209k will take nitrous specilly a baby 75shot no problems.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM
dot dot dot ...

If a little 75shot blows a VQ ill be impressed...265k on my old 4th gen of seein red line dailly full bolt on and a 95 with 275k as well dawged to hell in back from 205k to 275k always runnin a mobil 1 oil not a single engine issue.

i think a dek with 209k will take nitrous specilly a baby 75shot no problems.
So, what's the problem again?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
So, what's the problem again?
Problems solved...