5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New NWP product coming soon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
I thought the +12HP was off a 350Z or soemthing
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Get Off My Lawn

15+ on a 350z

I've not read anything but what has been posted here and the posted video. Certainly I follow your logic. I don't question that. If Aaron states elsewhere that the 12+ is on a DIFFERENT maxima with different mods, I'm of the opinion it needs to be clarified and established here as well.....nothing more.

You mention intake dynos, great example because they are deceptive for exactly the reason you stated. Aaron is NOT deceptive. So when I see two different numbers, I want to know why. If you can pull the information explaining the 12+ on a maxima, I would personally appreciate it. It would definately contribute to this discussion and our knowledge of the product. And yes, I'm am too lazy to do it myself at the moment. For no other reason, the discussion is here, so lets get the relevant info here as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 AM

I see what you're saying.

The VIDEO states 12+ HP on the Max, everything else says 7+ on the max. Both the Video and everything else state 15+ on the G35/350z
Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Thank you everyone for your support! I just wanted to post and let you guys know I'm not ignoring this thread. I plan to fully answer everybody's question.

About the dyno gains discrepancy, the 7+ HP gain that was posted with the nearly stock 03 Maxima was with a stock intake manifold. Only the 5pc Spacer Kit, Premium VIAS Block Plate Kit, and a cheap cone filter was installed.

The 12+ HP gain that is shown in the video is with my 92 Maxima VQ35 full ECU swap (same ECU as 02-03 Maxima). This car has cams and headwork, but the biggest difference is the SSIM (i.e. gutted intake manifold). This is the biggest reason for the difference, along with the fact that our tests have also shown that the more breathing mods you've done to your car, the more of a bottle neck the stock 70mm TB is. The 75mm TB is really needed on any VQ35 since it loves to breath so much.

I hope this helps. I will be back soon to answer all the other questions and concerns.

Thanks again!

And no, I won't marry you cjandura! Sorry.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Absolutely answered my question! Thanks Aaron!

That translates into roughly $46 per horse gained (Based on lower 8hp gain). Depending on mods. I just like to crunch those kinds of numbers.

Last edited by Chris Gregg; 06-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Banned

You know what would be nice if aaron made a matching short ram with a machined Maf adapter and CF tubes.and the reconsider my offer.....

Sent from my iPhone using MaximaOrg
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by SpeedCrazie
Awesome!! Great Job! I wonder how this would pair with a 3.5 intake
Yes, it would pair very nicely with any larger intake tubing and MAF housing! But it also works just fine on a completely stock intake tube. It fits onto the 75mm TB.

Originally Posted by barristan
So....taking orders yet?
Not yet. But we are shooting for sometime next week.

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
no VQ30 love I see
I'm sorry. I do have VQ30 love though. We have a pretty awesome Thermal Intake Spacer Kit and an Engine Torque Link Kit. If you don't like them, you can always send them back for a full refund.

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Shock, we have the spacers still..but I want something else too!
Engine Torque Link Kit.

http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...tml#TorqueLink

Originally Posted by Max streets
I guess aaron forgot about the hybrids 3.5
What do you mean by hybrid 3.5s? You mean the 3.5 engine swap that 4th gen guys do with the 3.0 timing components? If so, this mod will work for them too. But they will have to hack up a perfectly good OEM TB to remove the gear motor and install a throttle cable pulley. Just order the kit without the VoltageDrop.net Wiring Harness.

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
i wonder how this works when combined with the Throttle Body Spacer piece from the Intake Manifold Spacer kits.

hopefully they can compliment each other??
Yes, the Big Bore TB Kit goes perfectly with the NWP Spacers. Everything is perfectly port matched due to the tapered bore on the Adapter Plate. When you place your order, you will specify if the NWP BBTB Kit will be installed with the NWP TB Spacer. And you will receive the correct bolts for your setup.

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
Absolutely answered my question! Thanks Aaron!

That translates into roughly $46 per horse gained (Based on lower 8hp gain). Depending on mods. I just like to crunch those kinds of numbers.
Thanks Chris.

Originally Posted by cjandura
You know what would be nice if aaron made a matching short ram with a machined Maf adapter and CF tubes.and the reconsider my offer.....
A bigger intake tube and MAF housing would go great with this BBTB Kit.

And I'm sorry, I'm already married.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
NWP Engineering.com

If I missed any questions, I apologize. Please ask them again. This NWP Engineering 75mm BBTB Kit is being talked about all over the internet! Facebook, Instagram, and discussion forums. Thank you for everyone's support.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 PM

Great product! I plan to order it soon after it's available. It says no tuning required. So, if we are currently tuned with a vafc we don't have to adjust any settings to optimize performance?
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
I'm sorry. I do have VQ30 love though. We have a pretty awesome Thermal Intake Spacer Kit and an Engine Torque Link Kit. If you don't like them, you can always send them back for a full refund.

What do you mean by hybrid 3.5s? You mean the 3.5 engine swap that 4th gen guys do with the 3.0 timing components? If so, this mod will work for them too. But they will have to hack up a perfectly good OEM TB to remove the gear motor and install a throttle cable pulley. Just order the kit without the VoltageDrop.net Wiring Harness.
heck naw I aint sending them back! Thats what I meant, it appears most of the cost goes towards the new TB and to hack that up makes it relatively pointless. We will see. Great product though
Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

A little off topic but aaron are you using haas machine?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:44 AM
^ Jeff™

It's a lot easier for VQ30s to find alternate drive-by-cable operated throttle bodies...no need for NWP to reinvent the wheel on that. DBW is a much more complicated system, just be lucky you don't have to worry about it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:52 AM

Must purchase this very soon! Now I'm gonna need that bigger MAF housing and finish that CAI I've been meaning to make...
F*ck it. There goes the Christmas savings. :-P
Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 PM

might be a stupid question but is there gonna be any sound difference? I havent bought any NWP products yet but so far I see only good reviews from everyone.

Last edited by DOODOOCHIP; 06-29-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DOODOOCHIP
might be a stupid question but is there gonna be any sound difference? I havent bought any NWP products yet but so far I see only good reviews from everyone.
You should be banned for not buying! Now go get a spacer kit............

Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rebelhell
Must purchase this very soon! Now I'm gonna need that bigger MAF housing and finish that CAI I've been meaning to make...
F*ck it. There goes the Christmas savings. :-P
Aaron made christmas come in july!

Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM

You should be banned for not buying! Now go get a spacer kit............

lol saving is not easy mortgage comes first.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 PM

lol saving is not easy mortgage comes first.
You already have one mortgage, what's a second one? With two mortgages you could have the best Maxima EVER...
Old 06-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rebelhell

You already have one mortgage, what's a second one? With two mortgages you could have the best Maxima EVER...
A man after my own heart!

Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 PM

I'm sold on it and cant wait.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by jr schultz
Great product! I plan to order it soon after it's available. It says no tuning required. So, if we are currently tuned with a vafc we don't have to adjust any settings to optimize performance?
In all our testing, the AFR remained exactly the same. So you will not have to change any of your VAFC settings. This is a truly "Plug and Play" product. You don't even have to do the Idle Air Relearn Procedure or unplug the battery. But those steps will be added in the instructions just in case. It won't hurt to do those things.

Just install and push the pedal on the right!

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
heck naw I aint sending them back! Thats what I meant, it appears most of the cost goes towards the new TB and to hack that up makes it relatively pointless. We will see. Great product though
Oh, I didn't know you already had the Spacers and ETL. I was just letting you know that if you wanted to buy them, your satisfaction is always guaranteed. You can send them back for a full refund if you're not satisfied.

Thank you for your support!

A little off topic but aaron are you using haas machine?
I don't do the machining. I concentrate on all the designing, testing, and customer service. The machining is done off site and always within the USA.

Originally Posted by MrEous
It's a lot easier for VQ30s to find alternate drive-by-cable operated throttle bodies...no need for NWP to reinvent the wheel on that. DBW is a much more complicated system, just be lucky you don't have to worry about it.
Yeah, it may be a cheaper option to find a cable driven 75mm throttle body and adapt it yourself. But if you want, you can always purchase a brand new 75mm OEM DBW Throttle Body from us and hack it up to install the cable pulley and TPS like some do with their 4th gen 3.5 swap. If you want to go this route, the NWP Adapter Plate is already made to match perfectly to the stock 3.5L manifold and this 75mm TB.

It was hard to notice a sound difference in the vehicles we tested on. There may be a slight difference, but I didn't notice any. But whenever you improve the air flow, I would always expect some kind of change whether it's the tone or the loudness of the intake roar.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Get Off My Lawn

Q: Aaron,
- Out of curiousity, how much of the 7.6hp gain would you attribute to the increased intake plenum length behind the throttle body?

- Assuming car has basic mods associated with 7.6hp gain, how much more do you think would be gained from gutting the intake (SSIM)?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
Q: Aaron,
- Out of curiousity, how much of the 7.6hp gain would you attribute to the increased intake plenum length behind the throttle body?
It's all because of the bigger throttle body especially the power gain you see on the midrange and top end parts of the powerband. In fact, you don't want to extended the plenum length too much behind the throttle body. This will result in increased low end power, but less top end. Midrange and top end power is what you want if you want a car that accelerates faster. You never want to do something that is going to hinder your top end HP like installing an intake spacer that's too thick.

We made this adapter plate as thin as possible to prevent any loss in top end power.

- Assuming car has basic mods associated with 7.6hp gain, how much more do you think would be gained from gutting the intake (SSIM)?
We dyno tested this kit with the stock intake manifold AND the SSIM. We saw huge differences! The stock manifold shows a consistent power gain throughout the entire power band of about 6-7hp. But with the SSIM (gutted manifold), there was not a noticeable gain until about 5500pm when the power starts to drop off with the stock TB. But with the big bore 75mm TB, the power just keeps rising! I noticed a 12+ HP gain at around 6700rpm!

That's why the video says 12+ HP gain on the Maxima, but the first dyno chart we released for the Maxima showed a 7.6hp gain. The difference was the stock manifold vs the SSIM.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Get Off My Lawn

Thanks Aaron! Was curious about your perception of what attributed to added gains on your car (cams vs SSIM), especially with cams. Common knowledge these engines like to breath, so I'm just trying to conceptualize what mods could be done to maximize hp gain with this mod without going VAFC, wideband, 3.5" intake, and/or cam'd route. I'm just not interested going that far.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
NWP Engineering.com

The new 75mm Big Bore Throttle Body Adapter Plates all clean and ready to be packaged!

Please continue to check www.nwpengineering.com and our FB and IG page for the most up to date information regarding the up and coming NWP product release! We hope to have it available for purchase before the end of this week. Thank you for your support!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 AM

I gots to has one...... Goodbye summah savings.... Lol
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM
NWP Engineering.com

The NWP Engineering 75mm Big Bore Throttle Body Kit installed on a 2003 Maxima. It's so beautiful! To be released before the weekend!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM

I'm I'm all gitty inside
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by CauzinDrama
I'm I'm all gitty inside
giddy
Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM

looks nice should sound nice with intake too
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

That's pretty damn impressive for the price. When I saw it was a DBW throttle body, my first guess was in the $500 range.

Might have to find another Maxima or maybe a G35/37 just to get this product!

BTW, if you ever decide to go to the dark side and make stuff for the Honda J-series engines, bunch of guys on v6performance would be chomping at the bit to throw some money your way.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 PM

where do I order
Old 07-05-2013, 02:30 PM

Can't believe they sold out within the first hour they went up for sale..... I got my order in for the second batch....... Can't wait!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Is there a group buy for this?

Any chance you can offer the TB without those coolant passage tubes? I'm assuming most of us have the spacers and bypassed that already. It would look a little cleaner without the tubes.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikehawk

Any chance you can offer the TB without those coolant passage tubes? I'm assuming most of us have the spacers and bypassed that already. It would look a little cleaner without the tubes.
Sure you just have to buy all 13 of us one then its concidered a group buy!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Scottwax
That's pretty damn impressive for the price. When I saw it was a DBW throttle body, my first guess was in the $500 range.

Might have to find another Maxima or maybe a G35/37 just to get this product!

BTW, if you ever decide to go to the dark side and make stuff for the Honda J-series engines, bunch of guys on v6performance would be chomping at the bit to throw some money your way.
Thank you. Yeah, our price on this OEM 75mm unit is really low! If you went to the dealership and asked for one of these throttle body units from a 2009 Maxima, they would charge about $580 or more. I even had a Nissan Parts Manager tell me his cost was $480!

We sell these TBs for only $165! We buy in VERY large bulk though!

Yeah, and I can make a lot of money with designing Honda parts, but I don't want to do that. I'm a huge Nissan enthusiast and I don't have any plans to expand the company outside the Nissan world.

Originally Posted by NiteCrawler
where do I order
http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...cers.html#BBTB

Originally Posted by mikehawk

There is not a group buy right now. We can't even keep them in stock. The first batch sold out in 1 hour and 40 minutes when it was officially released last Friday at noon. The 2nd batch sold out 2 days later on Sunday. Now the 3rd batch is in the works and is expected to be in stock on July 18th unless it sells out before then.

Orders are currently being accepted on our website.

You are welcome to cut off the coolant tubes if you want but we are unable to do this for you right now.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 AM

On ur website it says u get more horsepower with this product if ur manifold is gutted ....what exactly do u have to remove ?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 03maxdriven
On ur website it says u get more horsepower with this product if ur manifold is gutted ....what exactly do u have to remove ?
The shelf.
It's called an SSIM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by 03maxdriven
Here is an excerpt from our FAQ Section that will help answer this question about the gutted intake manifold: http://www.nwpengineering.com/FAQ.html

Q: What does the VIAS Block Plate do?

A: This is strictly a block plate kit for those that want to remove their VIAS (Variable Induction Air Control System). That will hurt low end power, but since you are removing an obstruction, it will help top end. You will gain approximately 5-8hp on midrange and top end power and your car will accelerate faster from 0-60mph and in the 1/4 mile.

The other use for this block plate is known as the SSIM (Secret Sauce Intake Manifold) on the Maxima and Altima discussion forums. That name was created years ago by a member of the Maxima discussion forums. This involves cutting the shelf out of the main chamber of the upper intake manifold and removing the VIAS assembly. This will still lose low end power and some midrange, but the gains in the top end are very noticeable. It's definitely a modification that is worthwhile if you are serious about increasing top end HP. An extended rev limiter is highly recommended if you want to get the full potential out of the SSIM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 PM

Nice!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New NWP product coming soon!