Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   New NWP product coming soon! (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/667310-new-nwp-product-coming-soon.html)

mikehawk 07-13-2013 10:33 AM

Thanks Aaron.

What's the outside diameter on this? I'm wondering if I'll have to get a new silicone coupler if I buy this.

Aaron92SE 07-13-2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mikehawk (Post 8822183)
Thanks Aaron.

What's the outside diameter on this? I'm wondering if I'll have to get a new silicone coupler if I buy this.

3.34" is the OD of the 75mm TB. But the stock Maxima coupler and 350z tube will fit with a little oil to help it slide on. So try your silicone coupler first and see if it may stretch enough to fit.

cjandura 07-13-2013 03:37 PM

Maby aaron will make us a fancy matching maf adapter

Sent from my iPhone using MaximaOrg

03GLEmaxima 07-13-2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura (Post 8822270)
Maby aaron will make us a fancy matching maf adapter

:sprint:

YGG 07-14-2013 07:28 AM

Unfortunately right now due to lack of funds and working part time likely until next month my Maxima is without a clutch so I'm driving my S10. I'll have to add this to my list of plans now for getting it back on the road.
Have:
Place Racing Intake
NWP Block off plate
NWP Intake spacers

Want:
Headers
3" Exhaust
NWP Throttle body
NWP torque link brace
JWT Flywheel and clutch

Ouuuuuu I'm so excited to get it going again, going to be some nice gains.

Aaron, you really are the best! Your small seemingly simple products make awesome gains for the money! I know the work you put in wasn't simple but when you get the product it's a nice simple package, great instructions and no BS, just a faster Maxima for me.

NmexMAX 07-17-2013 06:51 AM

:idea:

I'm guessing this might be the perfect edition to the infamous SSSIM.

:run:

MrEous 07-17-2013 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX (Post 8823752)
I'm guessing this might be the perfect edition to the infamous SSSIM.

DO ITTTTTTTT! Then post results finally! :)

NmexMAX 07-17-2013 09:30 AM

I need to buy the big TB first. Hopefully within the next few weeks we'll see if this thing is a bust on stock internal'd Maxi's.

cjandura 07-17-2013 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX (Post 8823814)
I need to buy the big TB first. Hopefully within the next few weeks we'll see if this thing is a bust on stock internal'd Maxi's.

The kit comes with it!😜

Sent from my iPhone using MaximaOrg

CauzinDrama 07-17-2013 04:36 PM

Just received mine today.... Can't do anything but look at it right now. Gotta wait for the max to back from the body shop..... Com-on Friday.....

95VQ30 07-18-2013 07:30 PM

Just ordered mine!

mid 13's maybe???

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...-gif.gif?w=320

CauzinDrama 07-19-2013 06:35 PM

Ok so I jsut got my car back from the body shop and the first thing I did........Put my new BBTB on.....I have to say im impressed. Throttle response is even more improved....and I thought it couldnt get any better...lol...I think I can get even more out of it if I upgrade the size of my intake piping. Im currently running 3" tubing with stock sized MAF. The tubing can literally fit inside the TB.

So if I up the tubing what would be most beneficial without having to put a tune on the car as I dont have the capabilities to do so.

BTW....BRAVO ARRON....BRAVO!!!!!!

Chris Gregg 07-19-2013 08:22 PM

As long as you maintain stock MAF size, plumbing size isn't going to require a tune. Larger plumbing with stock MAF diameter is not going to really do anything for you though. IIRC, enlarged piping after the stock MAF helps the air be less turbulant, enhancing the ventura effect, and results in smoothing out the power curve. I understand that results in cleaner acceleration as well as improved throttle response but, no increased power.

Even if you increased the piping before the MAF, the stock MAF remains a bottle neck until you enlarge it. But, you just said you can't do that because you can't be tuned right now. I'd suggest though, doing some research. I recall that someone (or a few) have demonstrated the MAF can be enlarged up to 76mm without a tune. Although, even if some accomplished that without a tune, your specific car may run too lean even then. Ultimately, issue is going to be taking the chance of running lean and because you have no monitoring, causing damage.

My car has always ran great. I flipped the coin. I'm running an enlarged 76mm MAF on my car without a tune or monitoring. Runs like a scalded dog. I can only imagine what Aaron's BBTB will do. I'd love to be tuned, but I've decided to never take this car that far.

knight_yyz 07-20-2013 06:57 PM

A few people have asked about the coolant tubes. I need to leave mine on for the cold weather, but if you grab a set of vice grips you will be able to wiggle them out.

CauzinDrama 07-20-2013 07:58 PM

OK so we are supposed to take the hoses off the IM and attach to the BBTB for the coolant.?

knight_yyz 07-21-2013 06:46 AM

Your old TB has coolant lines. But if you have NWP spacers, a lot of you did the coolant bypass. IE put the two coolant lines together. If not then you will have to buy some 8mm coolant hose to replace the old short ones. I don't think they will reach.

mikehawk 07-21-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by knight_yyz (Post 8825706)
A few people have asked about the coolant tubes. I need to leave mine on for the cold weather, but if you grab a set of vice grips you will be able to wiggle them out.

Thank you

knight_yyz 07-21-2013 08:37 AM

Sorry guys I goofed. The coolant lines go to the elbow on the upper manifold not the old tb. So if you do not want to do the coolant bypass you are ok. Those tubes can be pulled out of whatever setup you use.

wiggle them out carefully!

Donkeypunch 07-21-2013 02:23 PM

So on the 00-01 maxima it's just the intake manifold spacer.
Would this be less then the 7hp gain vs the 03 and the throttle body spacer?

Does this work by keeping the manifold cool or making the manifold alittle bigger?

knight_yyz 07-22-2013 04:46 AM

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/p...z/IMAG0479.jpg

I'm going to machine up some aluminum plugs to block the ports

Chris Gregg 07-22-2013 08:06 AM

Why not keep the ports - turn the TB upside down, fill the ports with some antifreeze, then join the two lines together with one hose? Liquid cooled!

rebelhell 07-22-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg (Post 8826316)
Why not keep the ports - turn the TB upside down, fill the ports with some antifreeze, then join the two lines together with one hose? Liquid cooled!

I would think without the coolant actually moving anywhere, it will just soak up heat and stay hotter longer. I doubt this will help in the slightest.

Chris Gregg 07-22-2013 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by rebelhell (Post 8826731)
I would think without the coolant actually moving anywhere, it will just soak up heat and stay hotter longer. I doubt this will help in the slightest.

There is truth in your statement, no argument. I figure it would take longer to heat up and (yes) likely longer to cool down. However....it will never get hotter than it would with coolant lines connected and flowing. Actually, unless sitting for long periods idle, might prevent the TB from ever getting as hot it normally would even with the coolant lines disconnected.

I realize I've gotten off topic. I'm done.

95VQ30 07-24-2013 05:58 PM

Mine shipped this morning :)

NmexMAX 07-24-2013 06:24 PM

Lets not make this into the over a decade old argument of coolant moving thought the TB.

Looking to order mine very soon.

95VQ30 07-26-2013 06:35 PM

install pics anyone?

CauzinDrama 07-26-2013 06:48 PM

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6214/eh0h.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3338/l8ux.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5421/rsmw.jpg

Rochester 07-27-2013 05:20 AM

Just read through this thread, feeling very nostalgic about no longer having my old Maxima... because if I did, I'd be all over this NWP throttle-body kit. An adapter plate on a larger TB, that's the kind of work that sits perfectly in NWP's wheelhouse.

GL with your new product, Aaron. I'm very happy to see you're still going strong with NWP Engineering.

And for the love of God, when are you going to start researching mods for the VQ37HR?

TunerMaxima3000 07-27-2013 06:49 AM

Please baby jesus resize that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95VQ30 07-27-2013 10:48 AM

Installed mine this morning and have developed the p0507 code. I went through the idle relearn and the idle returned to normal levels, but the p0507 is still present...
(no I did not play with the TB valve before or during installation)

CauzinDrama 07-27-2013 11:07 AM

Clear the code (ecu reset, search you will find on here) .... Do the relearn with everything off (headlights, radio, AC... Etc).... Car will run like a top afterwards . All credit for this post goes to Aaron.... He's awesome!!!!!

knight_yyz 07-27-2013 11:16 AM

I can't wait to install this with my 1 piece custom intake/bbmaf combo.

95VQ30 07-27-2013 11:42 AM

ECU reset worked. I restarted the car 5 times to make sure the code stays clear.

To be sure, I think after a week(or 200mi) without the code returning, I will consider it good.

I can feel it a little in the butt dyno, the throttle is a little more responsive. I hope to get a proper dyno in the next few weeks. It also looks great under the hood.

I'd gladly recommend this to anyone that wants to squeeze a few more HP out of the VQ. I have the VIAS plate, spacers and now the BBTB kit; I have nothing but high remarks for NWP. Now, I am just waiting for Aaron to craft something to replace my Berk Intake. :)

Edit. I'd also like to say the installation is cake- I would not consider myself to be very mechanically inclined and I installed the kit without a hitch in about 40-45 minutes. My only concern was a couple dark marks on the TB valve which looks like it was handled(hence my concern for throwing a code) but that may be from the manufacturing process.

CauzinDrama 07-27-2013 11:56 AM

No worries about those marks. I confirmed with Aaron about the marks on mine that they are from the manufacturing process at Hitachi. It's normal and does not cause any issue with our TBs

Blue Mesa 08-04-2014 11:29 PM

Installed mine, fit and finish were top notch and the butt dyno confirms theres some more power. Do have the high idle code though...

For those who fixed it, did you do an ecu reset followed immediately by the idle relearning? I did the idle relearn, which worked great until I restarted the car and I also did the ecu reset which cleared the code (that then came back again).

Am I supposed to do one followed by the other? Is there an intermediate step Im missing?