Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Swirl Control Valve Selenoid Valve 2000 Maxima (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/680816-swirl-control-valve-selenoid-valve-2000-maxima.html)

asaliba920 08-31-2014 03:51 PM

Swirl Control Valve Selenoid Valve 2000 Maxima

Hey everyone, I got a 2000 Maxima with a P1130 which is a swirl control valve solenoid valve, and I cant find any place that sells it. If anyone knows where I can get one that would be amazing

ac max 92 08-31-2014 05:04 PM

Scrap yard would probably be your best bet as it's not a common part to go bad. It basically just opens and closes vacume at a certain rpm. The dealership is very pricey. You could also try ebay but it's a pretty simple part to pull off yourself at the yard as long as you know what your looking for.

BigLou55 08-31-2014 05:12 PM

I used to have that code come and go every couple of months and then one day it never came back. My point there is it could go away on its on or try and clear to code and see if it returns. The actual part is under your lower intake so it would be a job to replace it. The FSM shows you its location. I am not even sure Nissan sells it individually (think it comes with the intake).

asaliba920 09-01-2014 08:31 AM

I already got one from the junkyard and it was the same problem, I also tried erasing the codes a few times but they just came right back. also the dealer only sells it with the manifold (even though its only 4 screws holding it in place....) I hate seeing the SES light, and I need to get it off by December and I tried erasing it a few times, but it just comes right back on in less than 10 miles

BigLou55 09-01-2014 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by asaliba920 (Post 8980957)
I already got one from the junkyard and it was the same problem, I also tried erasing the codes a few times but they just came right back. also the dealer only sells it with the manifold (even though its only 4 screws holding it in place....) I hate seeing the SES light, and I need to get it off by December and I tried erasing it a few times, but it just comes right back on in less than 10 miles

Have you read the FSM on P1130? There is a list of several possible causes. EC-524 start there and work your way through diagnosis. The FSM is all over the internet just search for it.

Also I have to ask, did you replace the actual swirl control valve under the lower intake or the "swirl control valve control solenoid valve" on the upper intake? there is also a "swirl control valve control vacuum check switch" (located by top of the driver side strut, black in color with a blue connector). Either one of those could be your issue or a vacuum leak in the related piping.

FYI to clarify: "swirl control valve control solenoid valve" AND "swirl control valve control vacuum check switch" ARE NOT THE SAME PART.

asaliba920 09-02-2014 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by BigLou55 (Post 8981084)
Have you read the FSM on P1130? There is a list of several possible causes. EC-524 start there and work your way through diagnosis. The FSM is all over the internet just search for it.

Also I have to ask, did you replace the actual swirl control valve under the lower intake or the "swirl control valve control solenoid valve" on the upper intake? there is also a "swirl control valve control vacuum check switch" (located by top of the driver side strut, black in color with a blue connector). Either one of those could be your issue or a vacuum leak in the related piping.

FYI to clarify: "swirl control valve control solenoid valve" AND "swirl control valve control vacuum check switch" ARE NOT THE SAME PART.

I replaced the swirl control valve on the side of the manifold, and I will check the switch on the driver strut, and I'll get back to you

cdoublejj 09-02-2014 09:28 PM

can the Swirl Control Valve Selenoid cause high idle?

asaliba920 09-03-2014 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by cdoublejj (Post 8981487)
can the Swirl Control Valve Selenoid cause high idle?

From what I know, it doesn't.. but I think it affects the way the car drives