5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How many 5th gens are 6 speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

How many 5th gens are 6 speeds?

Anyone here know the % of 5th gens that were 6 speeds?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here's a 6th Gen that's for sale

I currently have a rare 6 speed 2004 SL for sale. Contact me for details. About 115,000 miles on the odometer and near perfect inside and out. Quick sale $6,0000
Attached Thumbnails How many 5th gens are 6 speeds?-20140926_135735.jpg   How many 5th gens are 6 speeds?-20140926_135659.jpg   How many 5th gens are 6 speeds?-_578.jpg  
Old 06-08-2015, 02:05 PM

I doubt those numbers have been published anywhere. But only 8.7 percent of vehicles sold in the US were manuals in 2002. Down to 8.3 percent in 2003. So I seriously doubt that there were more than 10 percent. Probably closer to 6 or 7.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:33 PM

For 4th & 5th Gen's, Nissan at the time said about 5% of each model year were manual transmissions.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:55 PM

So the next question is how much would a 6spd sell for.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch
So the next question is how much would a 6spd sell for.
Typically they go for slightly less than an automatic. They'll stay on the market longer too, just harder to sell. We may love our manuals but we're in the minority. Nobody wants them anymore. Sad really.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by rebelhell
Typically they go for slightly less than an automatic. They'll stay on the market longer too, just harder to sell. We may love our manuals but we're in the minority. Nobody wants them anymore. Sad really.
yup very sad but good cause know one ever wants to barrow my car
Old 06-09-2015, 11:18 AM

^Granted their numbers are low in % of total units made
But here in cali...they are more rare.
I would be willing to wager that for whatever ungodly reason that a larger portion of the numbers ended up in the east coast states. Literally east of the Midwest.

With that said, i will RANT here. I have been seeking my perfect 5.5 gen for ummmm few years now. And if i ever do find one its in the east coast. I absolutely do not want a snow territory car. period. Brining it to socal is imminent death in the condition i want one in "forever" If i ever find one here its not the specs and package i want...

I want a 03 se te/polished titanium, leather, 6mt, merdian package, non nav. Black would do lol. But its a damn unicorn im trying to find. under 100k as well Rant over
Old 06-09-2015, 02:45 PM

Very rare...

--- These cars aren't sought after in general like the Acura TL, mazdaspeed 6 etc
--- Cars have poor resale values
--- Cars are very old now
--- NA prefers automatic to manual cars

Sooo they more likely to go to junk yard or get hoarded by enthusiasts or crap condition

Autotrader Canada has only four 2002-03 Nissan Maxima 6 speed in all of CANADA

Last edited by george__; 06-09-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by a33_ridah
I want a 03 se te/polished titanium, leather, 6mt, merdian package, non nav. Black would do lol. But its a damn unicorn im trying to find. under 100k as well Rant over
Considering the TE's were only available for one model year (2003), you're really facing an uphill battle trying to find the exact model you want. And even if you did find a non snow belt car with all the options you wanted I would have to think the odds are that it would have over $150K miles & probably won't be in very good condition. These cars are almost 13 years old at this point. I know what it's like to want a a specific older car though, don't give up the search.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:34 PM

I know its a long shot. and somewhat given that it comes at a price relative to others in the market. Theres just gotta be that one "cool" grandpa/grandma that had the 6 speed lol and drove it to church on sundays and lived somewhere warm because their fragile bodies couldnt handle the snow lol.

I know im being picky. i know. i dont think that may change either as i do this with most of my cars in the past. the 6 speed itch is still unfulfilled. itll stay with me forever

Originally Posted by Dust N Bones
Considering the TE's were only available for one model year (2003), you're really facing an uphill battle trying to find the exact model you want. And even if you did find a non snow belt car with all the options you wanted I would have to think the odds are that it would have over $150K miles & probably won't be in very good condition. These cars are almost 13 years old at this point. I know what it's like to want a a specific older car though, don't give up the search.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 PM

I don't blame you at all for being picky, I'm the same way. When it comes to cars I usually know exactly what I want right down to the exterior/interior color combination & if I don't find it then I don't usually settle. I definitely wasn't criticizing you. Like I said I actually sympathize with you because I've been in that position. In fact I've been searching for a specific car for probably about 10 years & my wife even recently told me it's probably time to give up the search.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would be willing to wager that for whatever ungodly reason that a larger portion of the numbers ended up in the east coast states. Literally east of the Midwest.

With that said, i will RANT here. I have been seeking my perfect 5.5 gen for ummmm few years now. And if i ever do find one its in the east coast. I absolutely do not want a snow territory car. period. Brining it to socal is imminent death in the condition i want one in "forever" If i ever find one here its not the specs and package i want...

I actually found a 2003 SE 6 speed or $7K with only 80K miles. I hesitated for like one day and when I called it had sold the day before. I still don't forgive myself
Old 06-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[URL=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/boondoxmax/media/IMG_0976.jpg.html]Name:  IMG_0976.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  107.3 KB[/UName:  IMG_0975.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  153.5 KBRL]
I have the exact car you are looking for but just over 100,000 miles.
Also has HLSD
Name:  greymax3.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  6speeeeed.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  10.4 KB

Last edited by boondoxmax; 06-11-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:23 PM

^You sir are...making me jealous! Shes an absolute beauty! I love the second picture; that color is awesome. Least you are aware of its special place in the 5.5 gen-fold....
In the end its in the east coast-it wouldnt survive socals drought/dry weathers once exposed out there.
I will stand to wager still for whatever reasons most 6 speeds landed in the eastern hemisphere in 02 and 03. i couldn't tell you why/how...

Promise ull take care of her forever
Old 06-11-2015, 04:54 PM

^You sir are...making me jealous! Shes an absolute beauty! I love the second picture; that color is awesome. Least you are aware of its special place in the 5.5 gen-fold....
In the end its in the east coast-it wouldnt survive socals drought/dry weathers once exposed out there.
I will stand to wager still for whatever reasons most 6 speeds landed in the eastern hemisphere in 02 and 03. i couldn't tell you why/how...

Promise ull take care of her forever
13 years old and not a drop of body rust. I don't drive her in the winter so no road salt touches her beautiful body. Very well taken care of and just turned 100,000 miles this year. Only major repairs so far: coils,valve covers, precat, evap canister, and alternator....
Old 06-12-2015, 08:49 AM

^perhaps yours is the exception that id consider buying
ur right tho; truly is the car im searching for. im guessing theres less than few hundred (if that) of that exact setup floating around.
Nissan may as well have had them serial' numbered in qty. could've Called it the "enthusiast" edition? as there is one such edition for the 350z'
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM

I found one a couple of years ago here in Texas.. 2003 SE/TE 81k miles, 6 speed HLSD.. non nav.. has polished Titanium paint and frost interior.. has a few little dents and dings on it but the interior is in real good shape.. from what I can tell spent its prior life in Nevada.. no rust issues at all..

You'll never be able to pry it out of my hands though.. just replaced all the shocks/struts and rides like brand new!.. paid 6k for it then with TTL
Old 06-25-2015, 10:10 PM

FYI, if anyone's interested, this one is still for sale, I asked the owner. The AC does not blow cold, and yes it's at 155K.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5055302610.html
Old 06-25-2015, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by aongch
FYI, if anyone's interested, this one is still for sale, I asked the owner. The AC does not blow cold, and yes it's at 155K.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5055302610.html
Only a $1.00?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 AM

6 speed purchase in june 2015

I just purchased, as-is, a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L v6, 6 speed for $1250

I feel like i should have paid less, it felt old, but i didnt know that the front radiator support was nearly rusted through and the arm that was attached to it, which holds an engine mount, was barely getting the support it needs.

So far with fixes for safety, registration, taxes and so on im at $3,067.31. This is in running condition and before i clean up the car aesthetically.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:52 PM

I had a hard time finding a 6 speed maxima that was in ok shape. Found one that was in great shape but the guy sold it 2 days prior and it had only 75k and had the Meridian package(he was asking $10k for it too&#128562 . So I bought a 03 SE 6 speed with 107k on it. It's in ok shape. Need to do a few things but hay that's the price you pay trying to get a car that old and to the specs you want. It didn't have heated seats or limited slip but hey beggars can't be choosy.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:59 PM

found one for now

I myself about a week and hald ago landed myself in a 6 speed. It's not the full specs i was seeking bit itll do for now. Paid 3k for it. Needs a bit of work (mounts and axle)other than that runs healthy.
Its an 02 black on black, leather, heatef seats, steering, auto climate. Being the tough to find 6 speed...blk/blk loaded made the decision for me at that price.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2003 Grey lustre mettalic

I found an 03 6 spd in Glendale, AZ 2 years ago In Oct. Grey Lustre/ Frost interior, 67k miles single owner, clean sheet, immaculate inside with minor cosmetic damage to the outside (handful of dings and scratches), peeling tint from rear window, a few stars on the windshield and an opaque aftermarket taillight for $6999. I'm in Tucson so a buddy and I drove out there and as soon as I laid eyes on her I knew she was the one. I bought her and an extended service contract worth 3yrs/45k miles through my bank for less than $9k.

Thanks to all the stares I know I have something special. She now has 115k and has had the RR caliper replaced, both lower control arms, front axle seals, HP power steering hose and spark plugs (both performed thanks to info found on here) belts, new battery, installed darkest tint legal in AZ not sure the %, and tires a month ago.

I'm getting off topic but yeah she looks great very happy to have her. Occasionally I get offers for her but she's mine. Tax season is coming up so she will get some more TLC.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM

I have been seeking my perfect 5.5 gen for ummmm few years now. And if i ever do find one its in the east coast. I absolutely do not want a snow territory car. period. Brining it to socal is imminent death in the condition i want one in "forever" If i ever find one here its not the specs and package i want...

I feel like a lot of people are searching for this (myself included but I finally found one after years of searching)..... I know you said you found one, but in case anyone is still interested:
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=116235217

Only 70k miles. They're asking a ridiculous amount though....almost 12k. I called and the guy said they'd take a number in the 9's. I said I'd be interested if less than 8k and no one ever called me back.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by TSelanne
I feel like a lot of people are searching for this (myself included but I finally found one after years of searching)..... I know you said you found one, but in case anyone is still interested:
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=116235217

Only 70k miles. They're asking a ridiculous amount though....almost 12k. I called and the guy said they'd take a number in the 9's. I said I'd be interested if less than 8k and no one ever called me back.
Used cars prices are out of control. Cash for clunkers (**** you govt) really sped up the inflation it seems like. The **** economy is tanking the used car market if you want realistic prices. Everyone wants DOUBLE what they're worth (sorry but demand doesn't make a 15 yr old car worth 5 grand).

You want a real indicator of the economy for everyone that's not making millions? Look at used cars. The demand is high b/c people are broke and aren't selling, can't afford new, or refuse to sell for a realistic price. There's no way these fools on CL are moving any of these cars until they cave.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 01-12-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:51 PM

'^Not everything in your claims makes definite sense...just some info iv run into..
2015 was the best new automobile sales year since 2001 apparently. There are evident indications that the economy is picking up; feds have raised rates after years.

But ill agree to "Everyone wants DOUBLE what they're worth (sorry but demand doesn't make a 15 yr old car worth 5 grand)" Really makes me cringe when i see mid early 90's civics/integras listed in same prices as our 10+ year newer maximas...
Old 01-12-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
Used cars prices are out of control. Cash for clunkers (**** you govt) really sped up the inflation it seems like. The **** economy is tanking the used car market if you want realistic prices. Everyone wants DOUBLE what they're worth (sorry but demand doesn't make a 15 yr old car worth 5 grand).
Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to think that just because a car is old and in good condition & with low miles, it automatically means it's a classic or collector car and that's just isn't the case. I know the specific car listed in this thread didn't say that but I can't tell you how many times I see an ad for a 15-20 year old car with low miles that says "Classic" or "Future Collectible Car." Actually I'm not even sure the sellers always even believe that, they just use those terms to try to reel in an uninformed buyer and I'm sure there are times that it actually works.