Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   does anyone know the part # (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/699152-does-anyone-know-part.html)

FanaticMadMax 09-01-2017 12:54 PM

does anyone know the part #

2 Attachment(s)
I was getting my door trim taken off on both driver and passenger side to replace that faded backout tape on the door pillar, as I was taking off the mirrors, and the trim that surround it, I noticed the plastic round clip fastner broke apart due to age and its plastic. I tried to get a replacement at the dealer and they could not find it on their catalog and I looked for it online and nowhere to find in the diagram. I posted the pics of the broken plastic, and the pic on the other door which is intact, you'll see the round plastic where the trim goes right below where I have the orange masking tape on it., before the three holes for the mirror bolt goes through.

03VQMAX 09-01-2017 07:41 PM

I believe they dont make that part, you might wanna try some universal grommets that might fit in that place

FanaticMadMax 09-02-2017 03:21 PM

yeah I looked at parts stores at their grommet section and not anything close, mostly are license plate grommet.

Roymg 09-06-2017 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax (Post 9156547)
yeah I looked at parts stores at their grommet section and not anything close, mostly are license plate grommet.

Junk yard?

krismax 09-26-2017 01:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax (Post 9156547)

Is this what your looking for?

03VQMAX 09-26-2017 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by krismax (Post 9158296)
Is this what your looking for?

Nope, thats for a screw. I just ordered those too lol for my bumper.

FanaticMadMax 09-27-2017 07:16 PM

nope those aren't it, they look like it but it's round inside where it snap it in. As the one where you see the grommet that have a bit of green paint on it, that's the one I am searching. I did went to junk yard and tried to pop one out and they end up getting broken so I threw my arms up on that

DennisMik 09-28-2017 10:24 AM

Is the photo showing a grommet still installed, is that a view from inside the car or outside? What goes into that grommet?

The part that Krismax posted is listed as being for the screws that hold the plastic lens for the license plate light.

Try calling Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Texas. I have gone there and handed them broken grommets and they walk in back and bring one out without looking it up in the parts book. Maybe they could help you over the phone. 1-800-527-1909

maximatech12 10-18-2017 07:36 PM

RE:anyone know the part #

Sounds like you have to by the whole mirror assembly

​​​​I have a broken trunk lamp on/off switch from a rear end bump back in 2014.
​​​​​Had done some DIY body work and touch-up paint. The trunk is dry for the first time ever since I bought it in 2010.
Now the trunk lamp won't come on.

Anyone know if it's the same plastic switch on through the 5th gen?

Derrick2k2SE 10-18-2017 07:55 PM

If you have a U-Pull it style yard in you area you can get it them for next to nothing. I've always had good luck finding little parts like that at mine. 5th gens are becoming more available at he U-Pull its. It's probably the same on an Altima.