Cattman headers group buy.... - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
Reload this Page >

Cattman headers group buy....

5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:07 PM

Anybody want some Cattman headers? What about the cat back exhaust? Let me know if you would be interested in getting in on a special run of these. Brand new from the original shop that made them for Brian years ago. I need 14 more people. Have not discussed pricing yet, this is just to gauge serious interest. Iíd imagine they wonít be cheap but theyíll be authentic and a million times better than OBX.

Anybody want in?
Old 09-29-2018, 07:25 PM

what do the Cattmans have over the new OBXs i paid $350ish for shipped? they come with headers and Y pipe. if i were to consider it would it be worth selling my new in box OBXs and taking the $ hit on them? why i'd want a cat back the stock exhaust and muffler are great so far no issues than a single clamp i had to deal with.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post
what do the Cattmans have over the new OBXs i paid $350ish for shipped? they come with headers and Y pipe. if i were to consider it would it be worth selling my new in box OBXs and taking the $ hit on them? why i'd want a cat back the stock exhaust and muffler are great so far no issues than a single clamp i had to deal with.
If anyone ever ask that question, they really don't know!!!!!
Old 09-29-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by cmax03 View Post
if anyone ever ask that question, they really don't know!!!!!
^^^^this
Old 09-29-2018, 11:37 PM

What happen to the guy that bought Cattman?
Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Bad *** Newb

Eh, for the money they need a redesign (bigger collectors). Otherwise, call up Thomas Perdue.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:33 AM

Cattman headers were well over $1,000 back in the day. When I bought my Hotshot headers they were the "cheaper" alternative for quality headers at around $800.

Hopefully they're not thinking they can still command a similar price.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:21 AM

Estimated pricing had been requested. Will update.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:00 AM

anyone dyno those headers?

also they are the same one in the picture?
https://www.my4dsc.com/ultimate-head...arison-thread/
Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I don't see you getting 14 more buyers... the cost of the headers is equal to 50% to 75% of what the whole car is worth now.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
I don't see you getting 14 more buyers... the cost of the headers is equal to 50% to 75% of what the whole car is worth now.
Worth a try. And there is still demand for them even if minimal. Hopefully I can get pricing information soon and it will be less than it was originally.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maxima_Ness View Post

Worth a try. And there is still demand for them even if minimal. Hopefully I can get pricing information soon and it will be less than it was originally.
If anything it will probably be the same price if not more expensive. Limited production runs almost always cost more because its a lot of work just to get the production set up only to make a handful of the products. It wouldnt really make financial sense for them to lower the price.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 AM

What happen to the Gentleman that Cattman sold his company too? And for the person that said Cattman headers were $1000 back in the day...No, they were $850 and worth every penny!
Old 10-01-2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch View Post
anyone dyno those headers?

also they are the same one in the picture?
https://www.my4dsc.com/ultimate-head...arison-thread/
That's an interesting link. I've been watching this for years but they really put it all together.

If I had to do it today I'd most likely go with the OBX. They do seem to have gotten them right over time and it's hard to beat the price.

Another thing. Just because a shop remakes the design doesn't guarantee they'll be perfect. Any small, handmade batch like this is going to have variances. Most don't matter but a few might. When Cattman was around they were doing it over and over and receiving feedback. With one batch, 10 years later, you really don't know.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had the OBX headers installed for ~1000 miles then decided to remove them and gut my OEM precats. Poor fitment, my car sounded horrible (pitiful excuse for a flex pipe), and I didn't feel the slightest bit of performance improvement.

I'd honestly love a set of Cattman's, but as others have mentioned these cars are getting up there in age and it's difficult to justify spending $1200 on something when modified OEM parts perform 90% as well.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 AM

Pricing...

for the headers and y-pipe combo non-EGR, it’s $817. For the EGR set it’s $837. He said if we get a “good group” (whatever number that is), then the price is even lower.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That is actually an amazing price. Hope this works out for everyone interested!
Old 10-01-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod View Post
That is actually an amazing price. Hope this works out for everyone interested!
Thatís what I thought too. So far itís just me. Letís hope the price changes that.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:44 AM

I would be interested. There's a few guys that would. If they come on here enough to notice. I think 800+ is to much. The obx seem to be ok now and you can buy 2 sets for that price. At $600 I would buy them today. At $817 it's pushing my common sense alarm.
​​​​​​
Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 AM

Again for the 3rd time Maxima Ness what happen to the gentleman that bought Cattman Performance????????? He started to do this with the original manufacture of this headers /exhaust systems and he just vanished! The price was $850 for headers back in when I bought mine and Brian should've charged more since they were so well built....Have you seen the price of NISformance Headers? Anyway good luck with the headers, most these folks on this forum are Autozone warriors, ebay addicts and "el cheapos" when it comes to there performance parts/aftermarket parts...These cars are worth anything more than sentimental value these days, so it's gonna be hard finding a slew of folks wanting to spend that kind of coin, unless they're true performance oriented enthusiasts...
Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03 View Post
Again for the 3rd time Maxima Ness what happen to the gentleman that bought Cattman Performance????????? He started to do this with the original manufacture of this headers /exhaust systems and he just vanished! The price was $850 for headers back in when I bought mine and Brian should've charged more since they were so well built....Have you seen the price of NISformance Headers? Anyway good luck with the headers, most these folks on this forum are Autozone warriors, ebay addicts and "el cheapos" when it comes to there performance parts/aftermarket parts...These cars are worth anything more than sentimental value these days, so it's gonna be hard finding a slew of folks wanting to spend that kind of coin, unless they're true performance oriented enthusiasts...
No clue about a guy that bought Cattman. I was never aware that that happened. Ive been on here since I got my car back in 2001. In the past several years, I have come back off and on as issues have come up, but I was no longer a daily user like I had been. I don't know his story, I don't know where he went either. I have been talking directly with Brian and the company making the headers and cat back systems.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
I would be interested. There's a few guys that would. If they come on here enough to notice. I think 800+ is to much. The obx seem to be ok now and you can buy 2 sets for that price. At $600 I would buy them today. At $817 it's pushing my common sense alarm.
​​​​​​
Understandable, but considering that's the same price they were in 2012, Its a really good price. Considering how many people have settled for the OBX, there is a demand for these, and I do feel that if more people realized this was a possibility, theyd prefer the Cattman to the OBX. If you know how to spread the word elsewhere, please let me know.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn View Post
call up Thomas Perdue.
Who?

Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

No clue about a guy that bought Cattman. I was never aware that that happened. Ive been on here since I got my car back in 2001. In the past several years, I have come back off and on as issues have come up, but I was no longer a daily user like I had been. I don't know his story, I don't know where he went either. I have been talking directly with Brian and the company making the headers and cat back systems.
Well, if you're talking with Brian Catts aka Cattman, then he needs to pay his dues once again and become a paid Vendor.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM

Well, if you're talking with Brian Catts aka Cattman, then he needs to pay his dues once again and become a paid Vendor.
Im personally talking to him to find out who built the headers. Thatís all. Heís not back in business. Iím trying to get something that Iíve been looking for for years while also seeing if anyone else wants to join in. I do know that he has tried repeatedly to contact the ORG to get his account back but nobody responds. I tried for several months myself to get my original account back, and nobody responded to me either.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Im personally talking to him to find out who built the headers. Thatís all. Heís not back in business. Iím trying to get something that Iíve been looking for for years while also seeing if anyone else wants to join in. I do know that he has tried repeatedly to contact the ORG to get his account back but nobody responds. I tried for several months myself to get my original account back, and nobody responded to me either.
I call complete BS on what I highlighted. We recently picked up two or three new Vendors. It's not that difficult. Brian publicly announced that he was attempting to sell off Cattman Performance. I seriously doubt he wants or ever wanted back in as a Vendor. As for your request, I have no idea who you contacted, but only mods (Administrators) in bright red can help with your request.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 AM

I call complete BS on what I highlighted. We recently picked up two or three new Vendors. It's not that difficult. Brian publicly announced that he was attempting to sell off Cattman Performance. I seriously doubt he wants or ever wanted back in as a Vendor. As for your request, I have no idea who you contacted, but only mods (Administrators) in bright red can help with your request.
I contacted him once. He told me who made the parts. I contacted them. They still have the forms. I asked if they could do another run. They said yes. So here I am, trying to get enough guys together to get these built. Thatís it. Feel free to contact Brian if youíd like him to pay dues. I honestly donít understand why this is becoming an issue. I am doing this on my own. I want a setup for myself. I know that over the years, others have too. Iím just trying to see if we can reach the minimum requirement to even do this. Sorry for still being an enthusiast after 17 years on your forum.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Bad *** Newb

Who?
He's on facebook and in the VQ groups. He does fabrication. Ship him Manzo altima headers and he'll make you a 3" Y pipe for it. Those chinesium headers are pretty good and what everyone uses, now.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:35 PM

This is interesting!
Old 10-03-2018, 01:12 PM

Im actually getting more people interested on FB than here. Never would have thought that would happen. If nobody here is interested, Ill just gather interest there.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Pricing...

for the headers and y-pipe combo non-EGR, itís $817. For the EGR set itís $837. He said if we get a ďgood groupĒ (whatever number that is), then the price is even lower.
Keep in mind people that this is w/o shipping. Anticipate another $60 to $75 in shipping fees. And those who live in California, add 9% tax too. Things start to add up fast.

And who's handling the money/shipping? You? Or is the exhaust fabricator going to be paid and drop ship directly?
Old 10-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Keep in mind people that this is w/o shipping. Anticipate another $60 to $75 in shipping fees. And those who live in California, add 9% tax too. Things start to add up fast.

And who's handling the money/shipping? You? Or is the exhaust fabricator going to be paid and drop ship directly?
I’m in. Just keep me updated. Also, how many “commitments “?

Last edited by Binfamous; 10-05-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

He's on facebook and in the VQ groups. He does fabrication. Ship him Manzo altima headers and he'll make you a 3" Y pipe for it. Those chinesium headers are pretty good and what everyone uses, now.
I know this is kinda thread jacking but do you happen to know the price he charges for that? I remember seeing whifs of that setup on instagram but i just assumed it was entirely custom from start to finish, didnt realize he was using altima headers. I mean i already have cattmans but hey, 3 inches is 3 inches.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Slamrod View Post
I know this is kinda thread jacking but do you happen to know the price he charges for that? I remember seeing whifs of that setup on instagram but i just assumed it was entirely custom from start to finish, didnt realize he was using altima headers. I mean i already have cattmans but hey, 3 inches is 3 inches.
340 plus shipping, I assume. 158 for the headers on amazon.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:25 PM

340 plus shipping, I assume. 158 for the headers on amazon.
Oh nice. I didn't expect someone to answer this. I didn't want to ask him and waste his time until I was ready to buy some.
That sounds reasonable.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Anybody else interested? Iíve got the required number for a run of headers/y-pipe and a catback system. I just wanted to make sure Iím not leaving anyone out on this forum. Please message me if you want in.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:07 AM

Anybody else interested? Iíve got the required number for a run of headers/y-pipe and a catback system. I just wanted to make sure Iím not leaving anyone out on this forum. Please message me if you want in.
Wow, you already got enough people on FB? Nice. You should tell those millennial mommas boys to come here and support a real community. As for the "OG" members that abandoned this place for the Zuckerberg spy program...they should get their junk sewn back on and help make maximas great again.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Wow, you already got enough people on FB? Nice. You should tell those millennial mommas boys to come here and support a real community. As for the "OG" members that abandoned this place for the Zuckerberg spy program...they should get their junk sewn back on and help make maximas great again.
Wait till they're told to put up half the money as deposit. You'll think it's snowing there's so many flakes.

I would get several more before you even bother trying to take deposits.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 AM

yea i was worried about that part of it, thats a realistic point where no one shows up when they need to ante up